View Full Version : Polamalu, Hartwig injuries

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Tomlin says calf strain won't sideline Polamalu Sunday
Buzz up!
By Scott Brown, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, January 13, 2009

By Scott Brown Tribune-Review

A calf strain kept Troy Polamalu from getting introduced with the rest of the defensive players last Sunday and almost sidelined the All Pro strong safety for the Steelers' 35-24 win over the San Diego Chargers.

Polamalu played the entire game and coach Mike Tomlin said today that the sixth-year veteran is expected to be fine Sunday when the Steelers host the Ravens in the AFC Championship contest.

"He feels pretty good," Tomlin said of Polamalu.

Polamalu missed pre-game warm-ups, Tomlin said, because he was getting treatment on his calf. Tomlin added that he didn't know Polamalu would play in the game until he trotted onto the field with the rest of the first-team defense after the opening kickoff.

Polamalu may be limited in practice this week, Tomlin said, but his status for Sunday's 6:30 p.m. game is not in question. Center Justin Hartwig will also be limited in practice, Tomlin said.

Hartwig "tweaked" his knee against the Chargers and played the second half of the AFC divisional playoff game with a knee brace. Barring a setback, Hartwig also is expected to start against the Ravens.

Of the Steelers' overall health, Tomlin said, "We feel very good about where we are physically."

The Ravens have some injury issues though Tomlin said he expects Pro Bowl outside linebacker Terrell Suggs to play Sunday.

Suggs sprained his shoulder in Baltimore's 13-10 win over Tennessee last Saturday and did not play in the second half.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I thought Tunch and Wolf said he had "intestinal issues" on the postgame show. ???

mshifko
01-13-2009, 02:39 PM
calf injury or the sheetz? i wish it were just the sheetz, a calf injury lasts longer

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Next time I have to "Najeh," I will refer to it as "getting treatment on my calf."

pfelix73
01-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Looks like the sickness thing was just a story......

stlrz d
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Next time I have to "Najeh," I will refer to it as "getting treatment on my calf."

:lol:

SteelBucks
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Mel Blount's G
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Looks like the sickness thing was just a story......
The guy who originally posted that here was clear in saying it was just a rumor in the stands where he was sitting.

Djfan
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Ruthlessburgher pull the comment of the day award.

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I had the "Najeh's" all morning on Monday. I must've torn my calf then I guess...

Chachi
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
I thought Tunch and Wolf said he had "intestinal issues" on the postgame show. ???

Sometimes it just takes a while to find a good place to read a magazine.

MeetJoeGreene
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM

And you can strain your calf while searching for that place!

stlrz d
01-13-2009, 04:06 PM

And you can strain your calf while searching for that place!

Or while in it. :shock:

SidSmythe
01-13-2009, 04:33 PM
I was going to start a post on TROY . . . He made a tackle on the first series on Antonio Gates near the sideline. After that he was VERY QUIET.

In the 3rd quarter i looked at my friend who was wearing a #43 jersey and it dawned on me .... "dude, where's Troy been??"

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Ruthlessburgher pull the comment of the day award.

"Every morning, I walk past 5 Lombardi trophies, not 5 comment of the day awards" -Mike Tomlin

Mel Blount's G
01-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I was going to start a post on TROY . . . He made a tackle on the first series on Antonio Gates near the sideline. After that he was VERY QUIET.

In the 3rd quarter i looked at my friend who was wearing a #43 jersey and it dawned on me .... "dude, where's Troy been??"
I remember him MISSING a tackle on gates on that first series

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I actually heard he strained his calf while he was "sheeting". Kinda like this...[attachment=0:zlb9iht0]dumb-and-dumber.jpg[/attachment:zlb9iht0]

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I actually heard he strained his calf while he was "sheeting". Kinda like this...[attachment=0:2sdmu1va]dumb-and-dumber.jpg[/attachment:2sdmu1va]

"Just when I think you couldn;t get any dumber, you go and pull something like this............AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!" Great movie!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

buckeyehoppy
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Maybe Troy shouda used Turbo-lax like Harry...

...just thinking out loud.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I actually heard he strained his calf while he was "sheeting". Kinda like this...[attachment=0:bb8fy8ud]dumb-and-dumber.jpg[/attachment:bb8fy8ud]

"Just when I think you couldn;t get any dumber, you go and pull something like this............AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!" Great movie!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought for sure there would be a sequel with Carrey & Daniels !!! :cry: :cry: