PDA

View Full Version : My Playoff 2008-09 Experience

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 09:35 AM
I try to get to a playoff game if the prospects are good that we are getting pretty deep into the playoffs. Me and my buddy chose to make the trek for the Charred-hairs game and it cannot be topped (other than a Super Bowl win and me being somewhere in the vicinity of the game).

The famed SN1 tailgate lived up to all the hype. Him and his family were gracious hosts and welcomed my friend and I as part of the group. We had an extremely awesome time and the tailgate probably made the entire trip worth it alone. However getting tickets and witnessing the thrashing that ensued made it even sweeter.

Meeting many of the boardmembers in person was surreal as well. Good to put a (non-photoshopped) face to many of the contributors here. I'm sure you all could tell how downright smashed I was and I hope I didn't embarass myself (haha) to much. Other than drinking SN1's friend's beer by accident and hitting the guy next to me in the game with my towel a few times, I hope I didn't anything else too embarassing... The reason I say I hope is because after party at McFadden's was out of control. Girls :Boobs dancing on the bar and the whole nine yards. I pretty much don't remember any conversations after that point.

But the cap to the night was hitting primanti brothers and getting sandwich all over my face and jersey...I don't remember how the sandwich tasted, but I just remember the satisfying feeling I got eating it. $$$$

Anyway, I'm glad that we won and look forward to plucking the Ratbirds again.

flippy
01-13-2009, 09:56 AM
But the cap to the night was hitting primanti brothers and getting sandwich all over my face and jersey...I don't remember how the sandwich tasted, but I just remember the satisfying feeling I got eating it. $$$$

That's the only way to enjoy Primanti's. I went back home a few years back and ate at Primanti's before 2 am and it wasn't what I remembered. It was kinda gross actually.

But you, my brother, enjoyed that sammich the way it was meant to be eaten. With no recollection of it. Just the satisfying feeling only a drunken fool can understand.....

:Clap

MeetJoeGreene
01-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I am sorry that I didn't get to the SN1 tailgate as my travel logistics just didn't quite work out.

I snuck down briefly before the game to the SN1 banner and met SN1 and Iron Sheik (hopefully you remember!! :Cheers :lol: )

I am still hoarse from the game from yelling my lungs out.

I had been to regular season games before, but never a playoff game.

It was loud and intense.... A great time!!

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 10:14 AM
MJG...of course I remember. I met you and "dashboard jesus" (aka Ruthlessberger) down by the banner. And Pitt Pete and harry nutsack....errr....jigawatts :lol: at the tailgate...good times!! :Cheers

:ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Shiek,
It was FANTASTIC meeting you and Skeelo. Get him to join us on the planet. We had a great time tailgating. I'll post some pics as soon as I load them from my camera to my computer. Like I said, anytime you guys come to a game you are more than welcome to join us in the Nation.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I am sorry that I didn't get to the SN1 tailgate as my travel logistics just didn't quite work out.

I snuck down briefly before the game to the SN1 banner and met SN1 and Iron Sheik (hopefully you remember!! :Cheers :lol: )

I am still hoarse from the game from yelling my lungs out.

I had been to regular season games before, but never a playoff game.

It was loud and intense.... A great time!!
Great meeting you MJG. Wish you guys couldve made it to the tailgate, but maybe next time.

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Shiek,
It was FANTASTIC meeting you and Skeelo. Get him to join us on the planet. We had a great time tailgating. I'll post some pics as soon as I load them from my camera to my computer. Like I said, anytime you guys come to a game you are more than welcome to join us in the Nation.

No doubt mane...I had a great time (except for continuously coming up just short in that dam dice game!! :D )

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Shiek,

No doubt mane...I had a great time (except for continuously coming up just short in that dam dice game!! :D )
Shiek,
The following are your "stats" for the dice game:

Roll 1: 1 point
Roll 2: 1 point
Roll 3: 9 points
Roll 4: 17 points
Roll 5: *drinking some one else's beer...*
Roll 6: skipped turn (restroom break)
Roll 7: 36 points
Roll 8: missing, presumed to be in restroom
Roll 9: Threw dice across the street
Roll 10: Too drunk
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
You forgot Roll 11: Puked on self...passed out onto the table taking it down with me! :lol:

Man...you are gonna give me a bad rep...only about half of that was true people... :D :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 10:48 AM
You forgot Roll 11: Puked on self...passed out onto the table taking it down with me! :lol:

Man...you are gonna give me a bad rep...only about half of that was true people... :D :Beer

Yeah, the one's where he actually gave you a score were totally made up. I'm sure that rolls 5-6 and 8-10 happened just as described. :wink: :Cheers :Beer :lol:

costanza2k1
01-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Classic story there, thanks of sharing. Pretty much sounds like my trips to Pitt the last few years. LOL Hope to see you guys for my next year's trip.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Classic story there, thanks of sharing. Pretty much sounds like my trips to Pitt the last few years. LOL Hope to see you guys for my next year's trip.
Ruthless and Shiek, you guys are killing me today. :lol: Good stuff. Anyway, costanza, we to start organizing a 2009 PlanetSteelers tailgate. We can pick a game and try to get as many people from the board there.

Djfan
01-13-2009, 11:04 AM
SN1,

While I was home, hating on you for being in paradise without me, watching NFLN, they had that live video of you and your posse holding the Steelers Nation banner and chanting "Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!"

I hope someone got the video and can load it to youtube.

costanza2k1
01-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Ruthless and Shiek, you guys are killing me today. :lol: Good stuff. Anyway, costanza, we to start organizing a 2009 PlanetSteelers tailgate. We can pick a game and try to get as many people from the board there.

Heck ya sounds like a plan! As soon as the schedule comes out let's do it. Let's just make sure it's in the early part of the year, cold weather and Indian people just don't mix. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 11:12 AM
It was unfortunate that I was also not able to crash the tailgate, but at least I got stop by SN1's place on the South Plaza and talk to Sheiky for a bit. If you want to know about how drunk he actually was, the conversation drifted to talking about ex-Steeler RB George Jones who played for us maybe a dozen year ago :lol: . The guys told me that I just missed MJG by a few minutes and that Jiga and PittPete and a few others were kicking it with them at the tailgate.

So who will be there this week as we throttle some magpies? :ratsuck

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
SN1,

While I was home, hating on you for being in paradise without me, watching NFLN, they had that live video of you and your posse holding the Steelers Nation banner and chanting "Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!"

I hope someone got the video and can load it to youtube.
I meant to post that. I want to try and contact the NFLN to see if I can get the clip.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
[quote="costanza2k1"
Heck ya sounds like a plan! As soon as the schedule comes out let's do it. Let's just make sure it's in the early part of the year, cold weather and Indian people just don't mix. :lol:[/quote]
Yeah, you guys looked cold. We can shoot for a preseason game. Is 87 degrees too cold? 8)

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 11:23 AM
It was unfortunate that I was also not able to crash the tailgate, but at least I got stop by SN1's place on the South Plaza and talk to Sheiky for a bit. If you want to know about how drunk he actually was, the conversation drifted to talking about ex-Steeler RB George Jones who played for us maybe a dozen year ago :lol: . The guys told me that I just missed MJG by a few minutes and that Jiga and PittPete and a few others were kicking it with them at the tailgate.

Ruthless,
You and your dad going? If so, get your butt to the tailgate.

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Ha...hilarious. That was probably my boy Skeelo. He's a big time historian when it comes to the Steelers. Loves the old days.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 12:11 PM

Ha...hilarious. That was probably my boy Skeelo. He's a big time historian when it comes to the Steelers. Loves the old days.
Shiek,
Tell Skeelo to stop living in the past. George Jones??? Are u kidding? He was cleared from my memory bank faster than you can say Rich Erenberg.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 12:16 PM

Shiek,
Tell Skeelo to stop living in the past. George Jones??? Are u kidding? He was cleared from my memory bank faster than you can say Rich Erenberg.

Speaking of living in the past...isn't Skeelo the one who sang "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala." :lol:

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Shiek,

Speaking of living in the past...isn't Skeelo the one who sang "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala." :lol:

It was Ceelo. And yeah, somehow that is how he got that nickname. Can't remember the exact details, but around the time that song was out, he ended up wit that name.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 12:21 PM

Ruthless,
You and your dad going? If so, get your butt to the tailgate.

Oh yeah, we are going. And since it is a 6:30 start, there should be enough time before the game that we could possibly leave early enough to make it to the tailgate since my Dad does not have to work at all next weekend (it is also nice that I have Monday off, so I don't have to get up for work after getting home at 10 minutes to 4 like I did after the Charger game). The only issue is that my wife is leaving for Texas tomorrow and will be there until Sunday evening. That means I'm Mr. Mom all week. The kids will be with my Mom when my Dad and I leave for Pittsburgh, so I will have to talk to her to find out how early I can bring them to her on Sunday morning. We'll see.

MeetJoeGreene
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Dang. I am sorry I missed Ruthless by only a few. I should have come back down at halftime.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Dang. I am sorry I missed Ruthless by only a few. I should have come back down at halftime.

Well, I was up in my seats in 525 at halftime. I was talking to a fellow Cornellian up there who bought the seats next to me. I also sat next to a fellow Cornellian in Detroit at the Super Bowl. It was good karma.

Jigawatts
01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
There was a guy that came around asking about SN1 after he left. I thought that might
have been MJG. So, MJG, disregard that PM now that I know it wasn't you.

I also had a good time at the tailgate and I'm happy to report that no one molested me.
I was a little concerned at first because Shiek kept talking about how much he misses
QB's posts. :lol:

Shiek, while up on the rotunda we saw you walking either towards concessions or the
restroom and we started yelling "Shiek, Shiek." You didn't look up but you raised your
arm in the air as if you were acknowledging someone but you didn't know who.

Ah, that was good times. And a great game. :tt2

Jigawatts
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
MJG...of course I remember. I met you and "dashboard jesus" (aka Ruthlessberger) down by the banner. And Pitt Pete and harry nutsack....errr....jigawatts :lol: at the tailgate...good times!!

Just to fill people in, I introduced myself to Shiek as Nutzcak. And I think I metioned
something to someone else about Shiek being Tommiesteel. Just for kicks. :wink:

Ha ha. Ha ha.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
MJG...of course I remember. I met you and "dashboard jesus" (aka Ruthlessberger) down by the banner. And Pitt Pete and harry nutsack....errr....jigawatts :lol: at the tailgate...good times!!

Just to fill people in, I introduced myself to Shiek as Nutzcak. And I think I metioned

Ha ha. Ha ha.
Good times Jig. You coming this week?

Jigawatts
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM

Ha ha. Ha ha.

I'm not sure if I'll make it before you head into the stadium. If I do you'll see me there.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Ha ha. Ha ha.

I'm not sure if I'll make it before you head into the stadium. If I do you'll see me there.
Nice. We'll be leaving Ytown at 6ish. I need a nice llloooooooonnnnnnggggg tailgate to soak in another AFCCG! We'll be in the same lot if you guys make it early enough.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Ha ha. Ha ha.

Nice. We'll be leaving Ytown at 6ish. I need a nice llloooooooonnnnnnggggg tailgate to soak in another AFCCG! We'll be in the same lot if you guys make it early enough.

What time are you planning to leave the tailgate to head to the stadium?

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
There was a guy that came around asking about SN1 after he left. I thought that might
have been MJG. So, MJG, disregard that PM now that I know it wasn't you.

I also had a good time at the tailgate and I'm happy to report that no one molested me.
I was a little concerned at first because Shiek kept talking about how much he misses
QB's posts. :lol:

Shiek, while up on the rotunda we saw you walking either towards concessions or the
restroom and we started yelling "Shiek, Shiek." You didn't look up but you raised your
arm in the air as if you were acknowledging someone but you didn't know who.

Ah, that was good times. And a great game. :tt2

That's freakin hilarious! My bad man...I must've really had to pi$s and was on a mission...

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 03:07 PM
We are going in early to secure the spots on the rail. Probably leave the tailagte at about 3:30-3:45

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
We are going in early to secure the spots on the rail. Probably leave the tailagte at about 3:30-3:45

3 hours before gametime? I thought they didn't open the stadium until 2 hours before kickoff. No?

Jigawatts
01-13-2009, 05:08 PM

3 hours before gametime? I thought they didn't open the stadium until 2 hours before kickoff. No?

Gates A and B open about 3 hours before kick off.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 09:47 PM

Yep, 3 hours. It's a little crazy, but worth it in the end.

mshifko
01-13-2009, 10:06 PM
was shiek trashed or what? :lol:

SteelerNation1
01-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Shiek was so drunk that Nicholas Cage's character from leaving las vegas would have been disappointed. :wink:

Iron Shiek
01-14-2009, 10:49 AM

Shif...I wasn't puking all over everyone or needing to be carried out of the stadium or anything. Just a bluthering fool in general by around game time...My friend says he took a two minute video on his phone and it seemed at one point that I had no idea a game was going on. :lol: But I remember most of what happened...so its not as bad as these guys are teasing...ha.

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
If there's a plan for a tailgate next year, I hope one of them will be for the Raiders game. My wife's uncle is a big fan and he may go with me to the game. It'll be my first time at Heinz (his too), and I'd like to see if my Dad would go as well. Once they post the schedule I'll know if that's possible. Would love to meet up with you guys!

AngryAsian
01-14-2009, 12:14 PM
When the schedule comes out, Costanza, Ruthless, SteelD95 and I will put our noggins together and start looking at viable dates for the "Planet Endorsed" tailgate. By then we'll have a banner, t-shirts and of course the "Dashboard Jesus Bobble Head Dolls" will be selling like hot cakes so maybe SN1 we'll have to get with you and meet up early so that we get a spot for the booth/table we'll have. Seriously, I think its an excellent idea to have a tailgate that all of us can show up to and have a great time... we'll have to, just to celebrate the fact that we'll be the only team sporting 6 Lombardis!

Jooser
01-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm only about 3 hours away, so yeah, I think I could handle that. Count me in!

mshifko
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM

Shif...I wasn't puking all over everyone or needing to be carried out of the stadium or anything. Just a bluthering fool in general by around game time...My friend says he took a two minute video on his phone and it seemed at one point that I had no idea a game was going on. :lol: But I remember most of what happened...so its not as bad as these guys are teasing...ha.

haha...last game i went to at heinz field was the pitt-wvu game this year, i sat in section 144 and looked over to my left and saw a guy puking over the rail onto the little track in front of his section...he got escorted out and fell down the steps in doing so...as long as you weren't that drunk it's all good :tt2

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM

haha...last game i went to at heinz field was the pitt-wvu game this year, i sat in section 144 and looked over to my left and saw a guy puking over the rail onto the little track in front of his section...he got escorted out and fell down the steps in doing so...as long as you weren't that drunk it's all good :tt2

My worst offense mighta been hitting the guy next to me in the head with my towel while waving it crazily. But honestly he needed it. The section we sat in was fairly lame. You look all over the stadium and people are going nuts waving towels, yet my section the people in my immediate vicinity are sitting on their hands not yelling or anything. Boo. :moon

Ozey74
01-15-2009, 12:22 PM
My worst offense mighta been hitting the guy next to me in the head with my towel while waving it crazily.

I've been guilty of this in the past!

Ozey74
01-15-2009, 12:24 PM

What happens when your on the rail and you have to pee? Do you lose your spot when your leave?

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM

What happens when your on the rail and you have to pee? Do you lose your spot when your leave?

He's got a big enough group of people to lock down the spot it seemed...

SteelerNation1
01-15-2009, 02:17 PM

You have three choices...
1.) Don't drink in the stadium :shock: :nono
2.) Have someone hold your spot, but risk losing it or being "squeezed out"
3.) Carefully unzip pants and just go man (happens more than I'd like to say) :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM

3.) Carefully unzip pants and just go man (happens more than I'd like to say) :oops:

Let's hope the CBS or NFL Network cameras are not zooming in on the Nation when #3 is occurring. :shock: :oops: :lol:

SteelerNation1
01-15-2009, 02:25 PM

Let's hope the CBS or NFL Network cameras are not zooming in on the Nation when #3 is occurring. :shock: :oops: :lol:
They better go wide lens!!!!!!!!!!!! :wft :lol: :lol: :lol:

eniparadoxgma
01-15-2009, 04:48 PM
It was Ceelo. And yeah, somehow that is how he got that nickname. Can't remember the exact details, but around the time that song was out, he ended up wit that name.

Incorrect, my good man. Cee lo is formerly of The Goodie Mob, and currently still part of Gnarlz Barkley to my knowledge. The person who did the song mentioned above, "I Wish", was indeed name Skee-Lo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icr0eW1fRSs)

Sounds like good times, people. I'm hoping to get to my first game next season.

Carry on. 8)

Iron Shiek
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM

Incorrect, my good man. Cee lo is formerly of The Goodie Mob, and currently still part of Gnarlz Barkley to my knowledge. The person who did the song mentioned above, "I Wish", was indeed name Skee-Lo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icr0eW1fRSs)

Sounds like good times, people. I'm hoping to get to my first game next season.

Carry on. 8)

Holy $hit you're right! I don't know how I forgot that...Gnarlz Barkley likely threw me off being the more recent act. But I'm positive it was the "I Wish" dude that he is named after, and my friend's name sounds kind of like it...I'm sure there were other circumstances involved too, but I can't remember.