PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Game

frunko1
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
1: Get parker around the edge. Their defense is old and getting slow, if Parker runs sideline to sideline, early and often expect their defense to be wore down by half.

2: Ward, he needs to lay the wood, particularly on suggs, rolle, and reed. The first two are injured and if they are in, Ward needs to punish them and re aggravate their injuries.

3: O-line do what it did this week.

4: Defense needs to finish off Mclain, he is already injured, and our defense needs to take advantage and finish him off.

5: Keep the ball out of Masons hands. He is flacco's main weapon, take him out of the game (double cover) then flacco will be slower with his progressions and boom harrison and woodley will lay him out.

6: Dominate time of possesion. If the steeler's run and pass game shows up, plus we run some no huddle, keeping thier defense on the field as long as possible will allow many late game drives.

7: Let Letfty close the deal, need to get a 3 possesion lead so Lefty can mop up. Maybe this time Sweed will catch the ball.

Btw losing to the Oilers was the best thing that happened this season.

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

steeld95
01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
1:
2: Ward, he needs to lay the wood, particularly on suggs, rolle, and reed. The first two are injured and if they are in, Ward needs to punish them and re aggravate their injuries.

I was just talking to my friend about this....I want to see him lay Ray Lewis out and shut his a$$ up!

MeetJoeGreene
01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
1: Get parker around the edge. Their defense is old and getting slow, if Parker runs sideline to sideline, early and often expect their defense to be wore down by half.

I like that. The enabler of that is to, obviously, not get behind and have to abandon the run. If we keep it close, I do believe that we can wear them down with this approach. And set them up for a big reverse as well.

skyhawk
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I don't know about slow. Old maybe, but this Ravens D is up there as one of the best in the league. I doubt Willie will be able to get outside like he did against the Chargers.

The Chargers D laid an egg on Sunday.

Sugar
01-12-2009, 09:27 PM
:Agree

The Ravens have more talent and a more tenacious group of veterans on their D than what SD has. Willie can still do good things, but I doubt it looks the same.

I just want our guys to play their game and have some fun- they can win, maybe even big, but it will take a huge effort. If it's been said once it's been said a hundred times, beating a team like Baltimore is hard once, but beating them three times in a year is extremely difficult.