PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lovie, pick up the phone

fordfixer
01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Lovie, pick up the phone
Byron Leftwich is in the midst of a playoff run, but he's already thinking about next year. The Steelers benchwarmer has made it clear he'd like to be the Bears QB next season. Says Leftwich, "We are in the playoff run right now, so I don't even want to go there, but tell them to look me up."
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?co ... to=9067276 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=9067282#sport=NFL&photo=9067276)

ikestops85
01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
That's interesting but I think the Bears were pretty happy with Orton. I don't know whether they think Byron would be an upgrade. Now the Raiders might be a different story.

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Lovie is like Wanny at PITT... certain coaches hate having a good/competent QB.. it's like they have a gameplan that requires the QB is inept...

flippy
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Lovie is like Wanny at PITT... certain coaches hate having a good/competent QB.. it's like they have a gameplan that requires the QB is inept...

Wanny sucks for not using Flacco.

He should be fired immediately.

Not good enough for Pitt, but good enough for Deleware and the AFCC game in his first NFL season.

F Wanny.

Send him back to Miami please.

Djfan
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Why anyone would hire Wanny is beyond me. He just loses.

As for Lefty to Chicago, we all expected him to be here for one year only, and that he was going to use this opportunity to audition for another team.

Thanks Lefty. Good luck to you.

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Not good enough for Pitt, but good enough for Deleware and the AFCC game in his first NFL season.

F Wanny.

funny thing is Flacco wasn't a winner ever in his career until he got to the Ravens...
look at the 4 QB's left though...

Miami of Ohio..
Deleware
Syracuse
and Arena League Kurt...

some players have "IT" as well as the ability to make those around them better...
weird that the major football schools seldom have great NFL QB's....

Jom112
01-12-2009, 05:24 PM

I always thought Wanny was more like Herm Edwards. The best way to not win games is to have one of them coach your football team. The QB comparison is a good one though between Lovie and Wanny.

The Bears at this point should look at Lefty. In several Bears games Hester beat the CB deep and Orton underthrew it or threw it without a lot of power behind it so the safety was able to get over in time. Lefty would be an upgrade in Chicago, IMHO...

LasVegasGuy
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
What about the New York Jets? Number 4 can replace the OLD number 4.

phillyesq
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
As for Lefty to Chicago, we all expected him to be here for one year only, and that he was going to use this opportunity to audition for another team.

Thanks Lefty. Good luck to you.

:Agree

It would be great to see him come back, but if he can get the opportunity to compete for a starting job somewhere else, more power to him. If he leaves, I hope he signs for big $ -- that is part of the comp pick equation.

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
What about the New York Jets? Number 4 can replace the OLD number 4.

no way.. lol! with the wind in Chicago they would be a fool to not give Lefty a shot.

snarky
01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I think he will be competing for the Rams starting position next year.

mshifko
01-12-2009, 05:56 PM
he'd be great in chicago...he throws the ball so hard and with so much zip, that wind will not phase him

Chadman
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Either the Bears or the Chiefs.....

Lefty is a starting quality QB. Good for him that there is interest.

Guess we see Batch back next year. Excellent- he's one of the 'good guys'.

stlrz d
01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Lefty mentioned in the "big finish" on PTI.

Wilbon said: I would look him up but when do the Bears do anything smart regarding their QBs?

For those who may not know, Wilbon is from Chicago and a Bears fan. :lol:

flippy
01-12-2009, 07:49 PM

F Wanny.

funny thing is Flacco wasn't a winner ever in his career until he got to the Ravens...
look at the 4 QB's left though...

Miami of Ohio..
Deleware
Syracuse
and Arena League Kurt...

some players have "IT" as well as the ability to make those around them better...
weird that the major football schools seldom have great NFL QB's....

that's cause you gotta find guys like Tim Tebow to win in college rather than training and developing guys for the NFL.

smaller schools don't have to play for national titles, so they can teach players.

flippy
01-12-2009, 07:50 PM
maybe he can go back to jax and replace garrard....

SteelerOfDeVille
01-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Am I the only one that hear's "Lovie" and thinks...

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/gilligan_s_island___the_complete_first_season/_group_photos/jim_backus3.jpg

stlrz d
01-12-2009, 08:14 PM

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/gilligan_s_island___the_complete_first_season/_group_photos/jim_backus3.jpg

Nope...I've always thought that. :D

SteelerOfDeVille
01-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Nope...I've always thought that. :D
these 20-somethings have no clue what we're talking about...