PDA

View Full Version : Eagles, Steelers favored to reach Super BowlUpdated:

fordfixer
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
January 12, 2009, 2:36 AM EST The success of road teams in the NFL playoffs this month has impressed the oddsmakers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9065 ... Super-Bowl (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9065872/Eagles,-Steelers-favored-to-reach-Super-Bowl)

Philadelphia is a 3-point favorite at Arizona in the NFC title game next Sunday, according to the early odds. The Eagles' domination of the defending champion Giants in a 23-11 victory at Giants Stadium led to that line.

Philadelphia was a 5-point underdog in that game.

The Eagles routed the Cardinals 48-20 on Thanksgiving night.

Host Pittsburgh is a 5-point favorite over Baltimore in the AFC championship game. The Steelers beat San Diego 35-24 on Sunday, one day after the Ravens won 13-10 at top-seeded Tennessee.

In the divisional round, the Steelers were favored by 6 over the Chargers, and the Ravens were 2 1/2-point underdogs at Tennessee.

Pittsburgh won the AFC North and Baltimore was second, earning a wild card. The Steelers won both regular-season meetings, 23-20 in overtime and 13-9.

phillyesq
01-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I feel almost as strongly about NOT wanting the eagles to make it as I do about wanting the Steelers to make it. I can't stand that team or its fans.

NC Steeler Fan
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I do not want to face
larry fitzgerald....that guy is awesome...

I say bring on the ratbirds and let's make it a...

BATTLE OF PA!!

fordfixer
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I do not want to face
larry fitzgerald....that guy is awesome...

I say bring on the ratbirds and let's make it a...

BATTLE OF PA!!
:Agree :tt1

Uncle Rico
01-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Out here in the Harrisburg area it's all about an Eagles/Steelers Super Bowl since geographically both fanbases are just about even in numbers so anything less than a Keystone Classic SB would be a disappointment.

Oviedo
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Crap. I hate being favored for anything. It is the kiss of death for us in the play offs.

RuthlessBurgher
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Crap. I hate being favored for anything. It is the kiss of death for us in the play offs.

We were favored by six yesterday. That didn't hurt. And even if we were favored by 100 or Baltimore was favored by 100 in this AFC Championship Game, those two teams would go after each other just as hard no matter what anyone else thought about who should be the favorite or the underdog. Makes no difference whatsoever when talking about bitter rivals like this.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Like last week when we were 6 point favorites?

Iron Shiek
01-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Interesting that I can't pick games for the life of me in these pickem pools, yet before the season I said Steelers v. Eagles (although I predicted the Eagles to win their division rather than sneaking in the way they did).

In any event, there's 3 birds left and we are steel bullets....ready to shoot these birds down. Bring on any of them... :tt2