PDA

View Full Version : MEL KIPER'S BALTIMORE SMACK TALK

AngryAsian
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Mel is on ESPN's FIRST TAKE and I guess the guy is from Baltimore and is talking about how awesome of a football town Baltimore is and how it's now alive with the prospect of going back to the Super Bowl and how "fortunate" the Steelers were during the regular season and how things in the playoffs "will be evened out." He went on about the Ravens team has the most passionate players and they'll not let the game fall into the REF's hands. I now hate him for more than just his Joey Buttafucco hair cut.

Ezekiel 25:17
01-12-2009, 03:42 PM
When has Mel Kiper Jr. been right on ANYTHING football related? He's been stealing paychecks for years.

As a matter of fact, his profile on Wikipedia outlines just how wrong he's been over the years (it's actually a pretty funny read)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Kiper,_Jr.

Oh, BTW, he's a life-long Baltiwhorian, and is a season ticket holder of the Rats.

Given his history, I'm glad he favors the Rats. It all but ensures us a trip to SB XLIII.

:tt1 :tt1

TallyStiller
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
The fumes from the industrial strength hair care products have undoubtedly caused irreversible brain damage. He's like the guy in Airplane... "I guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue..." except with all his hair in place.

RuthlessBurgher
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
"We got a guy up here ... and who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway? I mean, here's a guy who criticizes everybody, whoever they take. He's got the answers to who you should take, to who you shouldn't take. He tells us about your team. He tells us about the Rams. Mel Kiper is a tortoise. He tells us about Tampa and everything else. In my knowledge of him, he's never even put on a jockstrap, he's never been a player, he's never been a coach, he's never been a scout, he's never been an administrator, and all of a sudden, he's an expert. He's in our paper two days ago, telling us who we have to take. We don't have to take anybody that Mel Kiper says we have to take. Mel Kiper has no more credentials to do what he's doing than my neighbor, and my neighbor's a postman and he doesn't even have season tickets to the NFL."

-Former Colts GM Bill Tobin :lol:

http://assets.espn.go.com/espnradiostations/i/chicago/lovechild/melkiperjr.jpg

Jom112
01-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Is Mel still pimping Mike Williams from USC as the next best WR in the NFL?

stlrz d
01-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Mel is on ESPN's FIRST TAKE and I guess the guy is from Baltimore and is talking about how awesome of a football town Baltimore is and how it's now alive with the prospect of going back to the Super Bowl and how "fortunate" the Steelers were during the regular season and how things in the playoffs "will be evened out." He went on about the Ravens team has the most passionate players and they'll not let the game fall into the REF's hands. I now hate him for more than just his Joey Buttafucco hair cut.

Seems to me an awesome football town is alive no matter how their team performs. What Mel describes is a front running town.

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
too funny.. what's even better is Bill Simmons the sportsguy on page 2 picked all 4 playoff games WRONG!! ALL 4!! and said this about the Steelers and why the Chargers were a lock to win...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090109

Chargers (+6) over STEELERS
For seven reasons

1. Do you feel comfortable laying six points with the Steelers when they went 3-4 against 2008 playoff teams, scored just 101 points total (13 per game) and won those three games by eight points total? Me neither.

Coming off a concussion, "Ben" can't be trusted in Round 2.
2. San Diego's defense impressed me Saturday: Not just for handling Indy so well but for its confidence on that final defensive stand (with the Colts needing one first down to win), captured beautifully on "Inside the NFL" as Shaun Phillips sang "You're Not Gonna Make It" (to the tune of Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It") right before the series. Loved it. That's a defense I want to back on the road. And really, is Pittsburgh's offense any different from Indy's offense? The Steelers struggle running the ball and don't have a ton of long drives. Same thing, right?

3. Pittsburgh has the worst field in the league; Heinz Field invariably gets sloppy and tempers Pittsburgh's greatest strength (speed on defense). As weird as this sounds, I might consider laying two with them in San Diego. But giving six in Chunky Soup Stadium? No way.

4. I feel more confident about Rivers handling Pittsburgh's superb front seven than I do about Ben Roethlisberger handling San Diego's front seven two weeks after his third career concussion (and we're not including his motorcycle accident). "Ben" makes me nervous in this one. And nervous in general. Should teams really be throwing guys out there after a third concussion? I suffered a bad one when I was 16; even two-plus decades later, I can bump my head and feel weird for the rest of the day. You're just never the same. Nobody can tell me differently. I don't trust "Ben" in this game. At all.

5. Two words: Ewing Theory. Every time Sproles breaks a decent run, I want CBS to play a ka-ching sound (to honor his impending free agency), followed by the obligatory shot of a sullen LDT pretending to be happy. It's going to be funny watching the Golden Globes that same night as every losing nominee claps with that same facial expression.

6. If we're playing a low-scoring game on a crappy field, I want the team getting great field position for four quarters which means I definitely want the Michael Jordan of Punters (Scifres), not the punter who got released for three weeks in November (Mitch Berger), as well as the All-Pro kick returner (Sproles, who averaged 24.0 per kick return and 10.3 per punt return) and not the pu-pu platter of Pittsburgh kick returners (20.3 on kicks, 6.0 on punts). Don't think that stuff doesn't add up. You're damned right I just used a double negative. Whoops, sorry, Phil Rivers.

7. I need an underdog for Round 2. This is the best bet on the board. And according to the Playoff Manifesto, you shouldn't pick an underdog unless you're convinced it can win outright. So

The Pick: San Diego 19, Pittsburgh 17.

I emailed him this.. "How could you be so wrong? This is what happens when you pick who you WANT to win instead of who you think will win. LOL"

he said we were cursed after the Welker hit... I don't think he realized blasting a Pat* brings a tear of joy to God's eye..LOL!

TallyStiller
01-12-2009, 04:56 PM
"We got a guy up here ... and who in the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway? I mean, here's a guy who criticizes everybody, whoever they take. He's got the answers to who you should take, to who you shouldn't take. He tells us about your team. He tells us about the Rams. Mel Kiper is a tortoise. He tells us about Tampa and everything else. In my knowledge of him, he's never even put on a jockstrap, he's never been a player, he's never been a coach, he's never been a scout, he's never been an administrator, and all of a sudden, he's an expert. He's in our paper two days ago, telling us who we have to take. We don't have to take anybody that Mel Kiper says we have to take. Mel Kiper has no more credentials to do what he's doing than my neighbor, and my neighbor's a postman and he doesn't even have season tickets to the NFL."

-Former Colts GM Bill Tobin :lol:

http://assets.espn.go.com/espnradiostations/i/chicago/lovechild/melkiperjr.jpg

Mel Kiper = Matt Millen

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
so true about Kiper... dude makes a living hiring a bunch of people to collect other scouts and players college stats and just pulls from that.

he is the Ryan Seacrest of the draft...

LasVegasGuy
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM

I for one am so sick of hearing Ravens fans bitch about the refs giving the Steelers the game on the Santonio catch or no catch in the endzone.

Did they forget they gave up a 90+ drive that got us in that position? If you want to win a game you can't be giving up 90+ yards and bitch about the last yard saying you should have won if it wasn't for the refs. I can't wait to for the Steelers to lay it to these guys again. I am so sick of the Ravens they are fast becoming the team I hate most right next to the Patriots.

flippy
01-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I'll respect Kiper the day he says I wouldn't draft player X no matter what.

By now, if Kiper was good, he'd be saying things like I wouldn't have taken Ryan Leaf in any round.

He just talks to teams and makes a board.

I think that job is a joke.

If you know college football, you have an opinion about guys you'd never draft, ever.

I never hear about those guys from the draft experts.

Fraud.

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I'll respect Kiper the day he says I wouldn't draft player X no matter what.

By now, if Kiper was good, he'd be saying things like I wouldn't have taken Ryan Leaf in any round.

He just talks to teams and makes a board.

I think that job is a joke.

If you know college football, you have an opinion about guys you'd never draft, ever.

I never hear about those guys from the draft experts.

Fraud.

way too many college players to know who is really NFL material... half of it is college hype..

look at Leinart and VY.. best college title game in a long time.. and both are on the bench.

Jamarcus Russell would be a 3rd or 4th rounder if he didn't play against Quinn in a BCS bowl.. every QB coach watched that game to rate Quinn.. and Russell stole the show against a terribly over matched ND team.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
saw him on mike & mike this morning and he was saying the same things. said that baltimore went into OT in the first game and that the steelers got lucky in the second with the TD call. I love how none of these douche bags ever point out the other 91.5 yards of that drive. just the couple inches. Holmes was across the goalline just like Ben was in the superbowl. Loser whiners need something to grasp onto I guess. I think we steamroll the Rats this weekend on our way to the big dance. I hope we do.

:ratsuck
:tt2

MeetJoeGreene
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/melmunter.jpg

buckeyehoppy
01-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Mel Kiper = The only reason you need to NOT watch ESPU's Draft Day coverage.

Actually, more to the point:

Mel Kiper = One of the Top Ten reasons to not watch ESPU...at all!!!

Other reasons to not watch ESPU:

Skip Clueless
Screamin' A. Smith
"Off The" Mark May
Chris "Could Blow All The Way" Berman
"Red Sux My" Peter Gammons

Feel free to add to the list, kids.

Djfan
01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
At least Berman is entertaining.

Kiper is arrogant.

stlrz d
01-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Here's some more dumb Baltimore smack talk:

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=181054

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-13-2009, 10:49 AM
look at Leinart and VY.. best college title game in a long time.. and both are on the bench.

Yes, but one is sitting behind a guy who threw for 30 TDs and over 4,500 yards in leading a surprise team to the final four.....and the other is sitting behind Kerry Collins. :lol:

feltdizz
01-13-2009, 10:53 AM

Yes, but one is sitting behind a guy who threw for 30 TDs and over 4,500 yards in leading a surprise team to the final four.....and the other is sitting behind Kerry Collins. :lol:

true.. but both were mega stars and both are sitting behind some oldies but goodies

MeetJoeGreene
01-13-2009, 11:07 AM

true.. but both were mega stars and both are sitting behind some oldies but goodies

..and I don't think either will ever be a quality, starting NFL QB.

VirgilBosett
01-13-2009, 11:21 AM

God these threads bring back bad memories for me. Did you see the one where Teavo wrote:

"The hilarious thing is that Ben's hand gestures were really unclear. His arms were outstretched, and he was sort of moving his hands down in a pat-down-hush-hush movement, but as part of the same motion he was also raising them back up emphatically much like defensive players do when they are trying to pump up the crowd and make them louder.

Quieter... no, louder! Wait, quieter. No, louder! "

:lol: :lol: :lol: He actually thinks the message, that Ben was sending, was confusing. Then the guy who's Wife is a Steeler fan. He says to her something like: Look - your own idiot fans don't know when to be quiet......like Ben is the first QB ever that had to quiet crowd noise in a home stadium.

I posted for years on a Steeler Yahoo board, and it was heavily trolled by division rivals. Baltimore was by far the worst for bringing up stupid garbage like this, or for original "I know you are but what am I" type comebacks.

stlrz d
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM

God these threads bring back bad memories for me. Did you see the one where Teavo wrote:

"The hilarious thing is that Ben's hand gestures were really unclear. His arms were outstretched, and he was sort of moving his hands down in a pat-down-hush-hush movement, but as part of the same motion he was also raising them back up emphatically much like defensive players do when they are trying to pump up the crowd and make them louder.

Quieter... no, louder! Wait, quieter. No, louder! "

:lol: :lol: :lol: He actually thinks the message, that Ben was sending, was confusing. Then the guy who's Wife is a Steeler fan. He says to her something like: Look - your own idiot fans don't know when to be quiet......like Ben is the first QB ever that had to quiet crowd noise in a home stadium.

I posted for years on a Steeler Yahoo board, and it was heavily trolled by division rivals. Baltimore was by far the worst for bringing up stupid garbage like this, or for original "I know you are but what am I" type comebacks.

I've come to the conclusion that since losing the Colts they lost any and all respect for the game and/or simply don't understand it.