PDA

View Full Version : SB XLIII most want to see?

stlrz d
01-12-2009, 11:36 AM
So far an all PA SB XLIII is leading the way in a landslide per ESPN's poll.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/matchup.jpg

Oviedo
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I want the Eagles.

Don't care jack about Arizona and their coach.

BURGH86STEEL
01-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I think if we had to face the Eagles again, the results will be different. I would rather see the Cards than the Eagles for one reason. Eagles have a very good defense.

Djfan
01-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Want the Cards. I don't fear them.

Sugar
01-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I just want the Steelers in, which means winning on Sunday against a tough and bitter opponent. Who we play after that is of no consequence to me because Sunday's game is the only one to be concerned about right now.

stlrz d
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Want the Cards. I don't fear them.

Same here.

flippy
01-12-2009, 12:07 PM
what's funny is only 2 states don't want us.

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

Uncle Rico
01-12-2009, 12:09 PM
A Ratbirds/Cards Super Bowl would be quite the ratings bonanza now wouldn't it? Not to mention the merchandising sales that those two no name franchises could generate :roll:

SteelBucks
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

Maryland doesn't want us either.
:ratsuck

MeetJoeGreene
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
From a revenge factor - I want the Eagles.
From a coolness factor - I want the Eagles and an all PA Super Bowl.
From a "let's beat the Cardinals and shut up all the anti-Tomlin Russ Grimm toadies" - I want the Cardinals.

The deciding factor for me is winnability.

For some reason, I think we stand a better chance against the Cardinals.

So that gets my vote, despite all of my other emotional reasons.

AngryAsian
01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I think the remaining opponents present various cool scenarios that the media will spin.

Steelers-Ravens - "The Blood Bath"

Steelers-Eagles - "IntraState BeatDown"

Steelers-Cardinals - "Old Steel VS New Steel... who is the Real Deal"

None of the remaining teams scare me. Each present differing match-up problems and each present supreme challenges. What needs to happen is that we stay true to what Steeler ball is all about: Ground control, clock management, minimized mistakes and relentless, hard-hitting defense. We couple these with precision execution on offense (something that was lacking in various games throughout the regular season) and winning the game in the trenches, there's no team remaining that can beat this team. This team is special and I'm stoked that we finally re-established our team identity last night.

flippy
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

I thought Maryland was Steeler country.....

Why the heck would Baltimore Colt fans root for the Cleveland Browns? It's like kissing your sister.

steelernation77
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
If we play the Cards than that stadium in Tampa will be nothing but Terrible Towels.

Steeler Shades
01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
If we play the Cards than that stadium in Tampa will be nothing but Terrible Towels.
And most of the players and coaches will either be current Steelers or former Steelers. Wouldn't that be "like" an all Steeler SB? :tt2
8)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Cards. That Phillie game still makes me cringe inside to think about.

DukieBoy
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

Hey Flippy, that's Wyoming not CO. WTH, that's Keisel's home state, too !!

williar
01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm scared of Larry Fitzgerald. That guy's amazing.

TallyStiller
01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I'd rather have Philly. Something about playing our ex OC in a Super Bowl makes me nervous... I think he knows Ben better than anybody out there and could come up with the game plan to beat us. Let's call it the "Gruden Effect" so that we can name this vague, awful feeling I have but don't want to acknowledge... Has Jon Gruden's offense looked anything but inept in any meaningful game NOT involving his former employer?

I know it's only one example, but I also know that Whiz beat us out in the desert last season, and Ben looked like complete crap. It's enough to be concerned. I think the Philly game was an aberration and a wake up call. We'll play a whole lot better if we see them again with Willie and without all the seven step drops.

flippy
01-12-2009, 05:19 PM

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

Hey Flippy, that's Wyoming not CO. WTH, that's Keisel's home state, too !!

And I can't read a map either......doh!!!!

skyhawk
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

Seattle fans suck. Trust me on this.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I actually beleive some people here would root for "Whiz to beat Tomlin", rather than the Steelers to beat the Cardinals... Just so they could continue to whine about the "wrong guy" being hired to coach the team.

I watch this team and there is NO ONE in the NFL I'd rather have. I'm serious when I say this... Just like under Cowher, you just loved his fire (for the first few years) and didn't want anybody else... That where I am with Tomlin right now. There's not a HC in the league I'd trade for him. Not one.

flippy
01-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I actually beleive some people here would root for "Whiz to beat Tomlin", rather than the Steelers to beat the Cardinals... Just so they could continue to whine about the "wrong guy" being hired to coach the team.

I watch this team and there is NO ONE in the NFL I'd rather have. I'm serious when I say this... Just like under Cowher, you just loved his fire (for the first few years) and didn't want anybody else... That where I am with Tomlin right now. There's not a HC in the league I'd trade for him. Not one.

me either.

and if he wins the SuperBowl for us this year, he can coach forever......

i love this guy....

Chachi
01-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd rather have Philly. Something about playing our ex OC in a Super Bowl makes me nervous... I think he knows Ben better than anybody out there and could come up with the game plan to beat us. Let's call it the "Gruden Effect" so that we can name this vague, awful feeling I have but don't want to acknowledge... Has Jon Gruden's offense looked anything but inept in any meaningful game NOT involving his former employer?

I know it's only one example, but I also know that Whiz beat us out in the desert last season, and Ben looked like complete crap. It's enough to be concerned. I think the Philly game was an aberration and a wake up call. We'll play a whole lot better if we see them again with Willie and without all the seven step drops.

I too was going to invoke the "Gruden Effect".

I prefer the Iggles.

buckeyehoppy
01-13-2009, 12:48 AM

WA and CO.

Seattle sucks.

So do the Donkeys.

Flip, according to my map, those two states are WA and WY. WY is the home of D!ck Cheney Before He D!cks You! Just another reason to d!ck him right back and dump the Rattards on Sunday!

buckeyehoppy
01-13-2009, 12:58 AM
For the record, I want the Beagles and the revenge that comes with it if the Steelers come through on Sunday.

The All-PA SB would be a cool added touch...maybe the biggest game ever in a storied rivalry now relegated to once every four years.