PDA

View Full Version : Smorgesbord of thoughts for ya

Blitz-en
01-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Went to the game: The crowd was resilient! Stayed with the guys all game, ups and downs. I'm proud of Pittsburgh!

-Troy wasn't introduced in pre-game! According to post game show on DVE, he had diarrhea. Whatever, that's what they said.

-Thank God we didn't draft Philip Rivers. He's good and all, but I can't root for an egomaniac like that. Why would you even talk trash to the #1 defense???? Just stupid.

-Anyone see Ray Lewis on NFLN tonight??? Was still whining about the Holmes catch to win that game. He was explaining it like nobody showed the video evidence of the ball crossing the plain of the goal line!!!! Amazing, how does an interviewer not say, "hey dumba$$, the video proved it". The Ravens team is dilusional. How embarrassing for a Ravens fan. They whine about WR's blocking them, and about close calls that are proven to have been called correctly. It's really sad.

-I saw people with torpedo heaters at their tailgating sites, being run by generators. Only in Pittsburgh, my friends!

-No huge plays on defense today............keeping them till next week.............good idea.

-I'm pumped up! Can't wait another week for a game. We protect the ball and we win!

Mel Blount's G
01-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Went to the game: The crowd was resilient! Stayed with the guys all game, ups and downs. I'm proud of Pittsburgh!

-Troy wasn't introduced in pre-game! According to post game show on DVE, he had diarrhea. Whatever, that's what they said.

-Thank God we didn't draft Philip Rivers. He's good and all, but I can't root for an egomaniac like that. Why would you even talk trash to the #1 defense???? Just stupid.

-Anyone see Ray Lewis on NFLN tonight??? Was still whining about the Holmes catch to win that game. He was explaining it like nobody showed the video evidence of the ball crossing the plain of the goal line!!!! Amazing, how does an interviewer not say, "hey dumba$$, the video proved it". The Ravens team is dilusional. How embarrassing for a Ravens fan. They whine about WR's blocking them, and about close calls that are proven to have been called correctly. It's really sad.

-I saw people with torpedo heaters at their tailgating sites, being run by generators. Only in Pittsburgh, my friends!

-No huge plays on defense today............keeping them till next week.............good idea.

-I'm pumped up! Can't wait another week for a game. We protect the ball and we win!
Nice blitz.

- Now that you mention it, Troy seemed a little slow today by his standards

- Not only was rivers talking trash to the #1 D, he did it when the game was already decided (after his azz had been handed to him).

- I think foote's pick was a fairly huge play 'cause sproles had just given them their best field position of the day and they were in a position to get back in the game.

- Torpedoes, heaters, the Burgh. Schweet.

- Ray Lewis is trying to psyche hisself out. He knows we OWN him

Blitz-en
01-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Foote's play "was" huge. And, the play of Keisel, all the way around, was awesome. Before the game, I predicted a big special teams play and a big defensive play, and a solid offensive performance. I guess the "Big, BIG" special teams play and the overwhelming improvement on the offensive side of the ball, overshadowed the steady (expected) defensive play. Your right, cheers to the D as well.

Woodley said after the game, in a post game interview, that Rivers was talking to him after the first time he sacked him. What does River's say, "Uh, wow bet you can slam me to the ground like that again."?????

The guy just needs to mature, already. But, whatever, keep losing and running your mouth if you like.

Another note to mention: Both QB's taken before Ben in the draft are now officially out of contention for this year's championship. I'd love to see Ben get a chip on his shoulder about Flacco making a run at his own rookie performance!