PDA

View Full Version : Will Woodley be fined for body slamming (cry me a..) Rivers?

Mel Blount's G
01-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Looked identical to the one on Jason Campbell which he was fined for.

I was yelling my azz off on that play saying if they penalize or fine those I will stop watching football and turn to tennis or golf or some other wussy sport... Boy did that sack get me fired up!! Lambertesque!!

buckeyehoppy
01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
F-CK THAT BULLSH!T!!!

The only dumba$$es that should have been fined on that play are the g-ddamn referees who didn't call it a safety. Momentum carried him in the EZ where he finally landed. There is no "in the grasp" rule for situations like that anymore, so a safety it should have been.

SuperSize
01-12-2009, 09:23 AM
In Norv Turner's post game press conference, one of the first questions he got from a reporter was if he felt that sack by Woodley deserved a penalty (must have been some soft, spaghetti-armed southern cal reporter).

Norv just looked at him and said it was a good play, and that the Steelers are a tough team.

Rivers got the same question during his presser, and he said that his bell was rung a little bit, but that it's just football.

HERE'S TO MORE WOODLEY SUPLEX MOVES ON OPPOSING QB's!!! NOW WE NEED TO SEE HARRISON COMING OFF THE TOP ROPE!!! :Beer

Pete

frankthetank1
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
i dont care if he gets fined that hit was beautiful!! im suprised rivers was ok

Oviedo
01-12-2009, 10:18 AM
i dont care if he gets fined that hit was beautiful!! im suprised rivers was ok

Ditto. Time to break Flacco in half next week. The fans will pay the fines.

MeetJoeGreene
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I thought it was a safety. I was on that goaline and had a perfect view.

Should have been 2 points.

It really wasn't that bad of a "slam" from where I saw it.

BURGH86STEEL
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't think he will be fined. I dont think he deserves to be fined.

Mel Blount's G
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Of course. Totally agreed. But it looked pretty much the same as the one on campbell in which he got fined for (which again was not deserved). Really I'm just wondering out loud if the league is consistent or just random with these finings

BURGH86STEEL
01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Of course. Totally agreed. But it looked pretty much the same as the one on campbell in which he got fined for (which again was not deserved). Really I'm just wondering out loud if the league is consistent or just random with these finings

The Ref's office has been inconsistent this year. I believe a lot of that has to do with Goodell.

100$handshake
01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Woodley was fined for the play against Washington but not penalized. I expect the same thing to happen this week. He shouldn't be fined but he will be.

Djfan
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
If he does, I hope he goes on to get three or four fines every game for the rest of his career.

Start next week Woodley!

flippy
01-12-2009, 12:08 PM
He should be applauded.

ANPSTEEL
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I loved the play-

but ...

a safety occurs when the player is tackled in the end zone.

not when he is thrown into it. :lol: :lol:

ikestops85
01-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I loved the play-

but ...

a safety occurs when the player is tackled in the end zone.

not when he is thrown into it. :lol: :lol:

Exactly ... A great play and great tackle but not a safety. Maybe next week against the Ravens we will get one. :Cheers

proudpittsburgher
01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I agree with the non safety crowd. He was tackled at the two and thrown into the end zone. That being said. F- that. If you don't want to be tackled hard, then don't fight it. Rivers struggled to twist away, and woodley planted him. Nothing dirty, nothing illegal. just a good hard tackle.

ANPSTEEL
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
btw: if anyone has a .gif of that play- please post it.

thanks!

Mel Blount's G
01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
btw: if anyone has a .gif of that play- please post it.

thanks!
I wish schillah would have came over here from the trib. He would post several great gifs after every game. He made a good one of woodley's fined slam of campbell

skyhawk
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah, and Troy's roughing the passer was a lot worse and drew the flag. :roll: