PDA

View Full Version : San Diego's Big Mistake

NorthCoast
01-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Just rewatched the highlights. In my opinion, the San Diego DC blew it. On almost every big play Ben made, they only rushed 4. SD did very little blitzing and Ben just carved them up. We know Baltimore won't make the same mistake. Ben better have his chin strap tighten for this game.

Mel Blount's G
01-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Post game quote from Ben:

How much blitz did they show you tonight?

They showed us some, not a lot. I’m sure not as much as we’ll see next week. They showed some stuff. We did a good job, Justin (Hartwig) and I communicating and the rest of the line being able to slide and picking some stuff up. They did blitz, but we did a good job of picking it up when they did.

All quotes here==> http://news.steelers.com/article/101487/

NorthCoast
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I stand by my comment. Watch the highlights and who is rushing:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e0d9d7

Mel Blount's G
01-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Btw, I wasn't disagreeing NC. I think ben's statements supports your's..

stlrz d
01-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Just rewatched the highlights. In my opinion, the San Diego DC blew it. On almost every big play Ben made, they only rushed 4. SD did very little blitzing and Ben just carved them up. We know Baltimore won't make the same mistake. Ben better have his chin strap tighten for this game.

3rd and 7...first down!

3rd and 11...first down!

3rd and 8...first down!

Yes Sir!

:tt2

SteelerOfDeVille
01-12-2009, 01:10 AM
their big mistake was making the trip to pittsburgh...

seriously, they got dominated. the o-line was actually pretty darned good today...

i was blown away how many times the LOS seemed to move.. in other words, once the ball was snapped, the o-line drove the d-line back. They were literally 2 yards behind the blue line on the screen (if you have it taped watch this, especially in the 3rd qtr).

SteelBucks
01-12-2009, 09:46 AM

seriously, they got dominated. the o-line was actually pretty darned good today...

i was blown away how many times the LOS seemed to move.. in other words, once the ball was snapped, the o-line drove the d-line back. They were literally 2 yards behind the blue line on the screen (if you have it taped watch this, especially in the 3rd qtr).

That's why I agree with Tomlin and going for in on 4th and goal from inside the one. San Diego's D was on the field the entire 3rd quarter and the o-line was getting the "push" that you're talking about. Surprised Davis couldn't get in even with the near fumble.

Just my :2c

skyhawk
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
The Ravens D won't be pushed around like the Chargers were.

Flasteel
01-12-2009, 07:11 PM

I made the same comment to my buddy as we were watching the game. We continually moved the line of scrimmage forward...great job O-line!

As far as Baltimore, they don't pressure the quarterback the way you think they would. They only had 34 sacks during the regular season and have four combined in their two playoff games. With Suggs being injured they maybe less effective with their rush and with Rolle (and Jim Leonhard I believe) being hurt they may be less likely to expose their coverage and bring a 5th rusher.

I'm not sure the status of their walking wounded but even when healthy this defense didn't get after the quarterback.

flippy
01-12-2009, 07:50 PM

favorite line of the day