PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

NorthCoast
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Steelers 7 for 44 yds. -
including two offensive holds (Miller and Holmes). The illegal formation on Colon was very marginal in my view.

Chargers 8 for 104 yds -
The PI on Nate was huge....but to be honest, I didn't think it was all that.

The refs were not calling holding on the OLs plain and simple. And again, saw blatant take-downs on Harrison. I feel bad for the guy cause he is busting his gut out there but they won't enforce the rules.

SidSmythe
01-11-2009, 11:19 PM
They don't hold us, they just dont!!!

RussBII
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I feel bad for the guy cause he is busting his gut out there but they won't enforce the rules.

We'll hear about 6 or 7 missing refs in the off season.

There was one holding call that was so blatant that the CBS crew called it out. Harrison was basically being strangled...

Freaking horrible.

Steel Life
01-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I feel bad for the guy cause he is busting his gut out there but they won't enforce the rules.

We'll hear about 6 or 7 missing refs in the off season.

There was one holding call that was so blatant that the CBS crew called it out. Harrison was basically being strangled...

Freaking horrible.
Strangled?!?...How about mugged, tackled or clotheslined? The lack of calls was ridiculous & the NFL should be embarrassed.

Steelgal
01-11-2009, 11:25 PM
The roughing the passer call on Troy was TOTAL BS.....

Mel Blount's G
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Steelers 7 for 44 yds. -
including two offensive holds (Miller and Holmes). The illegal formation on Colon was very marginal in my view.

Chargers 8 for 104 yds -
The PI on Nate was huge....but to be honest, I didn't think it was all that.

The refs were not calling holding on the OLs plain and simple. And again, saw blatant take-downs on Harrison. I feel bad for the guy cause he is busting his gut out there but they won't enforce the rules.
Well, that PI was marginal but if he doesn't grab Nate's arm and impede it from extending, he may have made that catch.

I also want to point something out: The good refs in this league, Hoculi and Carey, explain why they do or don't overturn a reviewed play. I really wanted to hear the reason why Ike didn't get that pick. The refs could and should have ended a game that was getting ugly and was only going to result in needless injuries. Can't believe Rivers was running his yap after the game was already decided. Fine and dandy if the game is competitive but it was over at that point yet he's yapping like a poodle at our D. Chump