PDA

View Full Version : TIMMONS

jj28west
01-11-2009, 09:20 PM
That play where he ran across the field to chase down Sproles running towards the Steelers sideline was un-fn-believable! This guy with a little more game time will be blowing up plenty of plays behind the line of scrimmage, at the handoff, etc.
He still is getting chipped rather easily when he rushes the quarterback but all this improves with more gametime situational experience.

Also, does anyone know if the Steelers ever sent tapes to the league office on the blatant holding that goes on with Silverback? There was also an obvious hold on the Sproles punt return. I know the Steelers get called out on this but its getting ridiculous with Harrison.

steeld95
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Timmons has more upside then anyone on our D. Once he gets to his potential, he will be one of the best defensive players in the league...

The holding on Harrison is getting ridiculous....We need to send in tapes to the league before next weeks game. Unbelievable.

johnstownsteel
01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
that was impressive. just as impressive though was woodley running step for step with sproles down the sideline in pass coverage. can't teach speed and hard to beat...old man use to always tell me.

steeler_george
01-11-2009, 11:01 PM
nice to see them growing as play makers on this team, especially Timmons.

loved that play where he broke the gap and almost met the running back before he even touched the hand off. if he made that hit that would be top 20 nfl plays this season.

flippy
01-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Timmons almost took the handoff on one play and almost blocked a punt on another. Kid's a freak.

He and Woodley have upside.

Both have the tools to be dominant.

frankthetank1
01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
i couldnt believe that timmons ran down sproles. that was very impressive. he had a great game. almost forced a fumble on a hand off. all the lb's had a great game, but thats nothing new.

phillyesq
01-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Timmons has more upside then anyone on our D. Once he gets to his potential, he will be one of the best defensive players in the league...

The holding on Harrison is getting ridiculous....We need to send in tapes to the league before next weeks game. Unbelievable.

I couldn't agree more. I thought for sure that he would finally get a call when he was tackled into Rivers, but even that didn't draw a flag.

Oviedo
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Timmons will allow this defense to go to the next level when he gets into the line up full time. He can do things like no other player we have except Troy. He is really like Troy+30lbs.

Everyone forgets that he is really young and like Mendenhall was only 20 years old when we drafted him. He is now just the age of a lot of seniors coming out in this draft. The upside is really going to be unreal.

Chachi
01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:BxJ ... =firefox-a (http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:BxJDwV6sI6EJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D131397%26st%3D0%26sk%3 Dt%26sd%3Da%26start%3D40+2007+draft+timmons+site:d iscuss.pittsburghlive.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:NSi ... =firefox-a (http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:NSiLCPv6H_QJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D131760%26st%3D0%26sk%3 Dt%26sd%3Da%26start%3D100+2007+draft+timmons+bust+ site:discuss.pittsburghlive.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:_PC ... =firefox-a (http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:_PC0j_gj-LgJ:discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D117520%26start%3D0%26s t%3D0%26sk%3Dt%26sd%3Da+2007+draft+timmons+bust+si te:discuss.pittsburghlive.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:_8i ... =firefox-a (http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:_8iDjdOZKZYJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D117567%26start%3D0%26s t%3D0%26sk%3Dt%26sd%3Da+2007+draft+timmons+bust+si te:discuss.pittsburghlive.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=13&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

BURGH86STEEL
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
That play where he ran across the field to chase down Sproles running towards the Steelers sideline was un-fn-believable! This guy with a little more game time will be blowing up plenty of plays behind the line of scrimmage, at the handoff, etc.
He still is getting chipped rather easily when he rushes the quarterback but all this improves with more gametime situational experience.

Also, does anyone know if the Steelers ever sent tapes to the league office on the blatant holding that goes on with Silverback? There was also an obvious hold on the Sproles punt return. I know the Steelers get called out on this but its getting ridiculous with Harrison.

Timmons looks like a player. We see why the Steelers thought so highly of him. He is still a young player and the Steelers have the luxury to bring him a long the right way.

The Ref's office reviews every play of every game. I am sure they are aware that Harrison gets held almost every game. If we can see it, I am sure they can. It is what it is and the Steelers have been good enough to over come the non calls. For the most part, the 2ndary and LBs have done an excellent job in coverage this season.

Oviedo
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Timmons looks like a player. We see why the Steelers thought so highly of him. He is still a young player and the Steelers have the luxury to bring him a long the right way.

The Ref's office reviews every play of every game. I am sure they are aware that Harrison gets held almost every game. If we can see it, I am sure they can. It is what it is and the Steelers have been good enough to over come the non calls. For the most part, the 2ndary and LBs have done an excellent job in coverage this season.

The refs won't call the holding. They know it is happening but their #1 priority is to increase offense because they (NFL), IMO erroneously, believe that more offense increases the number of casual fans that watch which equates to more money. Closely linked with that is the desire to protect QBs at all cost.

The problem is that it has gotten to a point that it is embarassing for the league and "real" fans who understand the game are getting turned off. If that is the way the league wants it the Steelers need to build a team to exploit the offense above all else principles that the NFL is forcing to occur. Unfortunately for traditional teams that have been about defense that will require changes in personnel and attitudes.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
FWIW, he finished the season with 65 tackles... short of the 75 require to keep me on the trib board... that being the case, I'll never post there again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
FWIW, he finished the season with 65 tackles... short of the 75 require to keep me on the trib board... that being the case, I'll never post there again.

I'm pretty sure I was gonna win LonBull's MNF Exec....the stars were aligning and that place got shut down.....

at least you got out on a high note.

Oviedo
01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
It will be really interesting this off season whether the team can afford to keep Foote's $4M salary when you have to believe that Timmons is the starter next year. I can't believe that he will be a situational player. $4M is a lot for a back up.

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 12:03 PM

During the game I looked over at my buddy and said, "Wow. That just looked National Geographic-esque! It looked like a hungry cheetah chasing down a gazelle."

SteelerNation1
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
It will be really interesting this off season whether the team can afford to keep Foote's $4M salary when you have to believe that Timmons is the starter next year. I can't believe that he will be a situational player. $4M is a lot for a back up.
Wow. I didn't realize Foote's salary is so high next yr. :shock: It might be time to cut ties, especially if Mike Humpal can play.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow. I didn't realize Foote's salary is so high next yr. :shock: It might be time to cut ties, especially if Mike Humpal can play.
that's why i keep calling for an ILB... BUT, Foote might be a necessary evil - if he's willing to hang around and share duties again.

It's a nice luxory to have those 3 for 2 spots.

Furthermore, it's like having a backup at OLB - it'd be easy to move Timmons to OLB if something happened to Woodley or Harrison,then move Foote back inside.

While he'd be an expensive backup, he'd essentially cover 2 positions, possibly making him worth it.

Mel Blount's G
01-13-2009, 12:51 PM

The season's not over... :moon 8) :wink:

SteelerOfDeVille
01-13-2009, 12:57 PM

as the season progressed, i was considering using that as an "out". He's currently at 69 tackles, if you count the 4 against the Chargers...

Mel Blount's G
01-13-2009, 12:59 PM

as the season progressed, i was considering using that as an "out". He's currently at 69 tackles, if you count the 4 against the Chargers...
Alrighty then. See ya on da tribboard :tt1

AngryAsian
01-13-2009, 12:59 PM
that's why i keep calling for an ILB... BUT, Foote might be a necessary evil - if he's willing to hang around and share duties again.

Furthermore, it's like having a backup at OLB - it'd be easy to move Timmons to OLB if something happened to Woodley or Harrison,then move Foote back inside.

While he'd be an expensive backup, he'd essentially cover 2 positions, possibly making him worth it.

I don't think Foote would be the worth 4M price tag. We have beasts on ST that can be integrated into the rotation. I especially like Keyaron Fox's play. I'd like to see what our young bucks can do if given a chance. James Harrison wasn't really given his fair shake until we parted ways with Peezy. I'm glad we did. Not to hate on the guy, but Joey never achieved DPOY while he was here. I don't think this team misses a beat if we say bu-bye to Foote.

Mel Blount's G
01-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I hear ya asian but really, I'm just not cool talking about it at THIS point in time. Larry has been, and currently is, an integral part of this ridiculously awesome D. Let's get this L-trophy before we cast off Foote

AngryAsian
01-13-2009, 01:09 PM
I hear ya asian but really, I'm just not cool talking about it at THIS point in time. Larry has been, and currently is, an integral part of this ridiculously awesome D. Let's get this L-trophy before we cast off Foote

Agreed. These thoughts really shouldn't be entertained until we here "with the 32nd pick of the 2009 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select..." :wink:

SteelerOfDeVille
01-13-2009, 01:10 PM

I don't think Foote would be the worth 4M price tag. We have beasts on ST that can be integrated into the rotation. I especially like Keyaron Fox's play. I'd like to see what our young bucks can do if given a chance. James Harrison wasn't really given his fair shake until we parted ways with Peezy. I'm glad we did. Not to hate on the guy, but Joey never achieved DPOY while he was here. I don't think this team misses a beat if we say bu-bye to Foote.
if healthy, i agree.

but, if Farrior goes down, do you trust Humpal or Fox to take over?

mshifko
01-13-2009, 02:41 PM
timmons is the reason as to why we should be patient with rookies...i was so sick of people dogging the dude because he was injured, i knew the talent he had...he is THAT explosive...we have two young stud backers and 2 pro bowlers and a solid veteran anchoring our LB core...that's enough to put fear in opposing offenses before games

Oviedo
01-13-2009, 03:15 PM
timmons is the reason as to why we should be patient with rookies...i was so sick of people dogging the dude because he was injured, i knew the talent he had...he is THAT explosive...we have two young stud backers and 2 pro bowlers and a solid veteran anchoring our LB core...that's enough to put fear in opposing offenses before games

Say what? You mean a rookie shouldn't be considered for the Pro Bowl his first year. I don't believe that is true based upon the posts of the "experts" who couldn't run upstairs to the toilet withpout getting out of breath.

The Steelrs build for the long run not the immediate gratification of fantasy footbal fans. barring injuries Timmons will be a star and he is exactly what Tomlin said he was when he was drafted--a Derrick Brooks clone. Timmons can do so many things that we have just begun to get a glimpse.

Also again, don't forget our last two #1 picks were only 20 years old when drafted. They are still growing youngsters who are not even close to their full potential.

Djfan
01-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I hate the idea of Foote not being a Steeler. We should just trust Tomlin on this one. He seems to be very personnel savvy. Well, except that Mahan thing.

Chadman
01-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Let's just remember who pimped Timmons before y'all.... :tt1

As for Foote. Chadman loves the guy. He is what Steelers football is about- not necessarily the greatest 'talent', but heart & guts & toughness.

That being said, that's a big cost to cover. And Timmons' time is now. Humpal & Fox are decent back-ups & Chadman believes they can do the job if required.

Best value for Foote might come in the form of trading him to somebody like the Lions...(he is a Detroit native like the Bus)...

SteelerOfDeVille
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM

As for Foote. Chadman loves the guy. He is what Steelers football is about- not necessarily the greatest 'talent', but heart & guts & toughness.

That being said, that's a big cost to cover. And Timmons' time is now. Humpal & Fox are decent back-ups & Chadman believes they can do the job if required.

Best value for Foote might come in the form of trading him to somebody like the Lions...(he is a Detroit native like the Bus)...
but, i put my money where my mouth was like nobody else.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM

I'd give Detroit Foote as a part of a package to move from our 32nd pick to their 20th pick that they got from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade (if an OT like Baylor's Jason Smith were available there). They could then have the first pick in the draft and then back to back picks at the end of the first and beginning of the second. They had some success with former Steeler ILB Earl Holmes for a few years after he left us, if I recall correctly. And since it is Detroit, Colbert might actually be willing to make a deal!

NorthCoast
01-13-2009, 10:30 PM

The refs won't call the holding. They know it is happening but their #1 priority is to increase offense because they (NFL), IMO erroneously, believe that more offense increases the number of casual fans that watch which equates to more money. Closely linked with that is the desire to protect QBs at all cost.

The problem is that it has gotten to a point that it is embarassing for the league and "real" fans who understand the game are getting turned off. If that is the way the league wants it the Steelers need to build a team to exploit the offense above all else principles that the NFL is forcing to occur. Unfortunately for traditional teams that have been about defense that will require changes in personnel and attitudes.

If this is really true then the league needs to consider sandlot rules for rushing:

"One-thousand one, one-thousand two, one-thousand three........"

SteelerOfDeVille
02-03-2009, 01:12 AM
per NFL.com... 65 regular season, 16 in 3 playoff games... he surpassed 75. WOO HOOO!!!