PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts On Game...

johnstownsteel
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
--Carey Davis just doesn't have a nose for the first down marker or the goal line.

--Woodley looked rested and fresh.

--Tomlin coaches like he's a fan. Gotta love a coach that gets pumped up w/ his players.

--Was that the Steeler offensive line?

--Parker fresh legs and an extra bounce in his step.

--Ben throwing bullets...I mean freaking bullets!

--Can Stapleton go one game without moving early?

--A nice game called by Ariens.

--Black dude in 5 dollar footlong commercial cracks me up!

--Am I nuts here? Teams that score first..dominate early...will lose.

--Steeler Fans Are The Worlds Greatest...Greatest I tell ya!!

grotonsteel
01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Limas Sweed is a bust.... 8)

johnstownsteel
01-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Limas Sweed is a bust.... 8)i won't go there just yet..but come on...just make one freaking play already.

Steel Life
01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Unfortunate about Sweed, but he was open after running a good route - he'll come around.

But Carey Davis...I don't know. Why Arians continues to give this guy touches I don't know. He does catch the ball well, but not better than Moore - has BA forgotten the guys who was bailing us out earlier this year?

johnstownsteel
01-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Unfortunate about Sweed, but he was open after running a good route - he'll come around.

But Carey Davis...I don't know. Why Arians continues to give this guy touches I don't know. He does catch the ball well, but not better than Moore - has BA forgotten the guys who was bailing us out earlier this year? i really can't complain much about the game plan and play calling but to nitpick i'd say this subject would be it. melwelde's been money all year. why chnage that up w/ carey davis? really made no sense..

grotonsteel
01-11-2009, 09:36 PM

But Carey Davis...I don't know. Why Arians continues to give this guy touches I don't know. He does catch the ball well, but not better than Moore - has BA forgotten the guys who was bailing us out earlier this year?

Well good thing at least he can get open..Sweed needs to have a good offseason...

Carey Davis needs to be replaced...Sean McHugh is a better option than Carey...IMO

True Fan
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
sweed is a bust
ike sucked
troy was invisible excpet for his personal foul, poor tackling and poor coverage
tomlin's coaching decisions were sophmoric
defense was excellent for most of the game except for some major letdowns for big plays
ariens playcalling was mediocre until he actually let ben play the game
willie ran as hard as i've seen him in quite awhile
the oline play was very good
the officials still refuse to call obvious holding penalties against harrison

steelcityrules!!
01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
sweed is a bust
ike sucked
troy was invisible excpet for his personal foul, poor tackling and poor coverage
tomlin's coaching decisions were sophmoric
defense was excellent for most of the game except for some major letdowns for big plays
ariens playcalling was mediocre until he actually let ben play the game
willie ran as hard as i've seen him in quite awhile
the oline play was very good
the officials still refuse to call obvious holding penalties against harrison

actually, i think tonight showed that sweed is going to be spectacular in the near future. his speed and route were outstanding... he just didn't haul in that pass as a rookie, who never plays, in a HUGE playoff game.

Ike did suck
Troy was average for once, the flag against him was bogus
O-line and Ariens were actually playoff-caliber, and I was impressed.

officials blow, they refuse to make calls against James.

your screen name is pathetic. punch yourself in the grill and get on the right team.

gosteelers
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't really knock Troy too much. I mean, how long did San Diego have the ball on offense? Not much he can do when he's not on the field.

steeler_george
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
1) the OL played great
2) the play calling was good but iffy at times, when pounding the ball down their throat change pass, pass, pass don't understand that!
3) scratch the screen plays or develop new ones.
4) gained more confidence in the "O"
5) our D is sick full of play makers about to make debut to outsiders (timmons, woodley, kiesel)
6) ike & mac played poor first time i think all season...i gave up on ike making a pick
7) Troy played sick heard on the post game radio
8) love tomlin coaches to win
9) fwp looks fresh and stronger and seemed to gained vision popping to open holes or bouncing it outside.
10) first time were our play makers all made plays on O- ben, fwp, holmes, ward, miller, even washington made big plays.

MaxAMillion
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
The Sweed drop was bad, but Washington used to drop everything when he first started playing (he still does drop a few). Sweed has good size and speed. It is to early to give up on him completely.

steeler_george
01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
sweed has no confidence now with high expectations and no playing time. I don't think his playing time has to do with his ability, just that washington step up his game big time.

bur got to love how he stretches the field when in the game, he is always in position to make a big play just now needs to finish it. ex. clev game and today

Steel Life
01-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Personally I loved Nate's game tonight, in the end he had more catches & more yards than Santonio - but that's not why. Nate was a constant threat going deep, drawing a PI call & almost coming down with the circus catch. He also had one of the clutch 3rd & long catches that kept the wheels turning.
Concerning Sweed...I gotta say I loved the fact that the coaches let BL take a shot deep with Sweed, it gives both some confidence & shows we will not let up.

RussBII
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
-Carey Davis is pretty much a waste of a roster spot, imo. He can catch and he doesn't fumble but he has zero idea where the first down line is.

-Santonio is back to catch the punt and I'm like "Why haven't we given up on this failed experime... GO GO GO!!!"

-FWP looked good. I noticed he ran behind a lead blocker a lot, whether it was FB, or a pulling OL. Get someone in front of him and he'll have a good game.

-Ben's arm was the best I've ever seen it. Did you see him over throw one or two deep routes? When has that ever happened?

-Limas gets the customary 3 years given to WRs as far as I'm concerned. He's showing a lot of great potential.

-How terrifying of a choice is this for opposing OCs? Double Harrison? Double Woodley? Double Both and let the blitz or DLs come in?

-I had a few gripes w/ the play calling. First drive, Willie's pounding the rock, and we throw a WR screen to Hines? That almost never works... And the FB dive on 4th and goal? Give it to Russell, at least he has a shot...

-Could Heath Miller be anymore clutch? He's ALWAYS there when Ben needs him.

That's enough for now... GO STEELERS

LasVegasGuy
01-11-2009, 11:24 PM
The Sweed drop was bad, but Washington used to drop everything when he first started playing (he still does drop a few). Sweed has good size and speed. It is to early to give up on him completely.

Beautiful and I mean beautiful throw by Leftwich. I have the utmost confidence in that guy if Ben goes down. Sweed catches that ball in stride and I think he scores. Nothing build confidence like scoring a touchdown. It's a shame it may have to wait until next year for Sweed now.