PDA

View Full Version : How about that O line tonight?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Wow,and Woooo!

Oviedo
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Starks may have just earned his next contract. The right side with Colon and Stapleton still drives me nuts and I hope they fix that.

TallyStiller
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Better Stapleton who has some upside potential than Kendall Simmons, who abso freaking lutely sucks and will never get any better.

Line was awesome tonight. Willie is finally back to being 100%. Pass pro was very solid. Maybe they're coming together and gelling at just the right moment?

Steelgal
01-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Who was that line??? Other than a few bonehead penalties, they played great!!! Hopefully they keep it up.

:Cheers

MaxAMillion
01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
This team can win a Super Bowl if the line continues to play like that.

johnstownsteel
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Better Stapleton who has some upside potential than Kendall Simmons, who abso freaking lutely sucks and will never get any better.

Line was awesome tonight. Willie is finally back to being 100%. Pass pro was very solid. Maybe they're coming together and gelling at just the right moment? i heard somewhere the o-line had a get together aside from the normal team stuff. maybe they decided enough was enough and it was time to become a strength instead of the reason they don't win a ring. ya know....some sort of awaking or something.

Steelgal
01-11-2009, 09:26 PM

Line was awesome tonight. Willie is finally back to being 100%. Pass pro was very solid. Maybe they're coming together and gelling at just the right moment? i heard somewhere the o-line had a get together aside from the normal team stuff. maybe they decided enough was enough and it was time to become a strength instead of the reason they don't win a ring. ya know....some sort of awaking or something.

I heard that too in the past week. Either NLFN or ESPN.

SteelTorch
01-11-2009, 09:26 PM

Line was awesome tonight. Willie is finally back to being 100%. Pass pro was very solid. Maybe they're coming together and gelling at just the right moment?

Definitely agree. We've seen the best of Kendall Simmons, and it isn't much. Too bad we paid his useless arse millions of dollars.

grotonsteel
01-11-2009, 09:28 PM

I think it was Ben taking entire O-Line to Chicago for Hartwig B'day

Steel Life
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Aside for one false start & one illegal formation, they were great - give credit where credit is due. Max still makes me nervous but today I'm loving him.

SidSmythe
01-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Willie had a good game last time against the CHARGERS

grotonsteel
01-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Aside for one false start & one illegal formation, they were great - give credit where credit is due. Max still makes me nervous but today I'm loving him.

I worried more about Willie Colon and his drive killer holding penalties...Max should be signed long term if we can't get Jordan Gross...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Anyone have easy access to stats on how good the Chargers' were this year in getting to the QB (sacks, hurries, etc.), and/or stopping the run? If it turns out they were pretty good, then I scratch my head in amazement after tipping my hat to the O-line for superior performance on the field.

If, on the other hand, the Chargers have only been mediocre at getting to the QB/stopping the run, then I still feel good, but am a bit more worried about next week.

feltdizz
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
great QB protection.. I think running early really gets them motivated...
and maybe the Chargers really are a team that had 8 losses and 4 wins at one point this season and needed 13 penalties to keep the 1st game close.

It won't nbe as easy against the Ravens but don't be surprised if FWP keeps running hard.. Ravens are tough but they are banged up. I'm also wondering if they let Flacco go down field.. both games he was pretty conservative.

SteelBucks
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
So that's what pass protection and running lanes look like!

On the bad side, there are three things you can count on in life. Death, taxes, and a Stapleton false start. Minus the dumb penalties, it was a great game by the o-line.

:ratsuck

RKSteel
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
It won't nbe as easy against the Ravens but don't be surprised if FWP keeps running hard.. Ravens are tough but they are banged up. I'm also wondering if they let Flacco go down field.. both games he was pretty conservative. Chris Johnson was having some success running against them, I could see FWP having some decent numbers. But I would get no-huddle from the first to last series, and run out of that formation.

RuthlessBurgher
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Willie Colon had one crushing Hines-Ward-like block yesterday that sent his guy flying backward. I wonder if he pictured the face of the guy who was yelling at him from the Walmart parking lot on the body of the Charger player (like Bobby Boucher picturing Coach Klein's head on opposing players chanting "Gaaaaaaaaatorade" and "Water sucks, it really really sucks!")

http://www.flashfilmworks.com/MovieGuide/Waterboy/waterboy01-large.jpg