PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead

stlrz d
01-11-2009, 01:01 AM
We're fans, so we can do that! :D

So, looking ahead...Chris Johnson, before he got hurt, gave the Rats fits running outside. 11/72 with one TD. I know TN has a better O line than ours but do you think FWP (now that he seems to have his burst back) can do the same should we happen to face the Rats next week?

SidSmythe
01-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Johnson is a similar back to Parker. Both need good blocking. They can make people miss in the open field, but neither are running up the middle w/out good blocking.

The RAVENS aren't exactly a sack happy team ... We should have no problem protecting Ben against these guys, especially if Ben gets rid of the ball quickly.

Jooser
01-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I think FWP can hurt them there.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Other business first...don't look past the Chargers.

NW Steeler
01-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Other business first...don't look past the Chargers.

Ditto that. Let's hold that talk until tomorrow night!

D Rock
01-11-2009, 03:06 AM
we don't play the games.... we might as well look to next year too and discuss why we will win our 7th Lombardi.

You all make me laugh when you talk about not overlooking the next opponent first. We have nothing to do with the game. Let's just assume the good guys win and talk about the next game because the Chargers have already been discussed all week and the Ravens are a much more interesting game.

NW Steeler
01-11-2009, 03:16 AM
we don't play the games.... we might as well look to next year too and discuss why we will win our 7th Lombardi.

You all make me laugh when you talk about not overlooking the next opponent first. We have nothing to do with the game. Let's just assume the good guys win and talk about the next game because the Chargers have already been discussed all week and the Ravens are a much more interesting game.

It's called superstition, my friend.

rpmpit
01-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Johnson is a similar back to Parker. Both need good blocking. They can make people miss in the open field, but neither are running up the middle w/out good blocking.

The RAVENS aren't exactly a sack happy team ... We should have no problem protecting Ben against these guys, especially if Ben gets rid of the ball quickly.

On your second point, the Ravens will be even less sack happy if Suggs is out. Any word on his injury?

stlrz d
01-11-2009, 10:20 AM

Correct. We're fans...we can look ahead all we want. And it's done all the time. People are already posting mock drafts and we don't even know our draft position. People look at the schedule ahead of the season and predict our W-L record. People look at stretches of the schedule and make predictions. Sheesh.

So I'll ask again, do you think FWP can have the same kind of success running outside (that was for you sid :P) that Chris Johnson did against the Rats?

Djfan
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Yes.

BURGH86STEEL
01-11-2009, 12:08 PM
[quote="D Rock":3kxsej96]we don't play the games.... we might as well look to next year too and discuss why we will win our 7th Lombardi.

Correct. We're fans...we can look ahead all we want. And it's done all the time. People are already posting mock drafts and we don't even know our draft position. People look at the schedule ahead of the season and predict our W-L record. People look at stretches of the schedule and make predictions. Sheesh.

So I'll ask again, do you think FWP can have the same kind of success running outside (that was for you sid :P) that Chris Johnson did against the Rats?[/quote:3kxsej96]

I do not think so because the Titan's Oline is better than the Steelers. I speed wise, Johnson and Parker might be even. I think Johnson is quicker than Parker.

frankthetank1
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM

On your second point, the Ravens will be even less sack happy if Suggs is out. Any word on his injury?

dont know the extent of the injury but it looked pretty bad. im very happy there were a lot of injuries in the game. mclain, fabian washington and rolle were injured. washington and mclain returned but mclain was limping significantly

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I try not to look ahead even as a fan---Beat the Chargers then we will talk!!

AngryAsian
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
We thumped SD, now we can start talking about it.

steeler_george
01-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I think moore would be the key, can't just key on the run with him in there. They need to throw to Willie on the flats early make him a passing threat so we won't be one dimensional with him in there. If successful, then yes willie will give them hell.

stlrz d
01-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Willie is going to have a good game against the Rats.

NW Steeler
01-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Maybe open up with a high tempo passing game, thus opening the running game ala 2005 v. the Colts? I hope that they don't come out of the gate trying to run it at the Rats, it aint' gonna work early on.