PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Steelers Play of All Time?

flippy
01-10-2009, 08:26 AM
What's your favorite Steelers play of all time?

I like ARE to Ward for a TD in SuperBowl XL. That was the we won 5 moment of the game.

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-10-2009, 09:43 AM
There's quite a few of mine, but one that will always stand out will be the first home game against the former Clowns in 1996. Went with my Dad (this is the same guy that got tickets, airfare, and hotel for Super Bowl XXX three days before the game). Testaverde's first pass - INT by Woodson in for a touchdown. How sweet was that? :ratsuck

Steel Life
01-10-2009, 10:02 AM
What's your favorite Steelers play of all time?

I like ARE to Ward for a TD in SuperBowl XL. That was the we won 5 moment of the game.
Mine too! :Agree :tt2 :Beer :Bow

Discipline of Steel
01-10-2009, 10:46 AM
My favorite wasnt exactly a play... its in Super Bowl X where Jack Lambert spun Cliff Harris to the ground after he patted our kicker on the helmet for missing a field goal.

proudpittsburgher
01-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Can't remember the year, but how about the 89 yard touchdown pass from Stewart to (Mills?) against Baltimore, rigth down the middle of the field, to seal the win on a Monday night.

Oviedo
01-10-2009, 10:54 AM
My favorite wasnt exactly a play... its in Super Bowl X where Jack Lambert spun Cliff Harris to the ground after he patted our kicker on the helmet for missing a field goal.

:Agree That more than any other play set the tone for what Steelers attitude was. I also like a couple of Joe Greene's kicks and punches to the stomach against OL.

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 10:58 AM

Is that the one where Lambert said, "That'll cool your ass off!"

Or was that a different one? :oops:

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Oh, forgot to mention...I think my favorites (yes it's a tie) were Swanny's two catches that were simply amazing. I mean think about it, on that sideline catch he was clearly out of bounds but controlled his body enough to get it back in bounds before he came down. Dayum!

I also like Polamalu picking Palmer and running him over on his way to the EZ. Oh heck, while we're at it, Bettis running over Artrell Hawkins like a mower blade hitting a blade of grass. Then there's the Bettis over Urlacher...sheesh, just too many to pick from! :lol:

Ozey74
01-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Ben's tackle. I was at a playoff party filled with Colts fans. I will be able to recall that moment & my whereabouts for the rest of my life!!!

:tt2

Flasteel
01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Ben's tackle. I was at a playoff party filled with Colts fans. I will be able to recall that moment & my whereabouts for the rest of my life!!!

That certainly would be the one I'm guaranteed to never forget. The range of emotions in those few moments was more than any other game I've ever watched.

As a kid I always loved the flea-flicker from Bradshaw to Cunningham to beat the stains in overtime (at least I think it was overtime).

BURGH86STEEL
01-10-2009, 11:58 AM
How could any leave off the Immaculate Reception?

Ozey74
01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
How could any leave off the Immaculate Reception?

Too young to remember. If I was able to recall it, I'm sure it would be on my list.

100$handshake
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Bradshaw to Stallworth 74 yd TD to seal the win in SB XIV. The Rams were driving mid 4th quarter with the Steelers leading 24-19 inside the Pittsburgh 30 and Ferragamo threw an interception to Lambert and we got the ball back. In this situation these days coaches are very conservative and try to run the clock down. But Brad called his own plays and hit Stallworth on one of the most beautifully executed long TD passes I've ever seen. Suddenly it was 31-19, game over ! Ring #4 !

BigLebowski
01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Troy's diving interception against the Chargers this year.

rpmpit
01-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Too many to pick just one...

But to add to the great plays you guys mentioned, I'll say Fu's td in the Cleveland playoff game.

jj28west
01-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow...so many but the 1st that came to my mind was on MNF against San Diego where Silverback intercepts a pass (cant remember if it was Drew or Philip) and then high hurdles an on coming tackler while Troy almost concurrently nails Antonio Gates. For me, it was a 5 second moment where the entire nation and beyond was watching and witnessing what epitomizes Steeler football.

frankthetank1
01-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Can't remember the year, but how about the 89 yard touchdown pass from Stewart to (Mills?) against Baltimore, rigth down the middle of the field, to seal the win on a Monday night.

bobby shaw!! that play is up there for me for sure. another korkie play that i loved was monday night against the stains where korkie threw his first nfl td after scrambeling for about 5 mins. my all time favorite play has to be the bus in his last season running over urlacher at the goal line. also i remember in his first year or so on the team a monday night game against the bills, he had a 20 yard run or so was pushed out of bounds and his momentum took him too the bench, bus just sits on the bench and crosses his leg (in the manly way of course)

snarky
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Ben's impossible TD throw to the back of the end zone in the AFCC against Denver.