PDA

View Full Version : TIM TEBOW: OUR NEXT FB

AngryAsian
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I would poop egg rolls. This guy could be a SLASH player for us. At 6' 4" and 240 lbs. this guy could play FB, be our short yardage RB and play some TE. And you can't argue with him being a character guy.... just what the organization loves. He's picked to go no higher than the 3rd round. I think the guy is an absolute winner.... but I'm biased. He's from Florida and was born in the Philippines. :D

pittpete
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Pass the dutchie bro :mrgreen:

steeld95
01-10-2009, 12:58 AM
Living in the southeast, I have seen him play many times. He has personally killed my team. I would take him on my team in a heartbeat. You can't teach the passion this guy has. He is a winner and any team will be lucky to have him. I am not biased either, as I am not a fan, I just appreciate the love and passion he has for the game.

Djfan
01-10-2009, 01:26 AM
3rd round? Where did you hear that? It seems WAY too late. He has winner written all over him, and there are teams that have none of that. He will go sooner than that.

After all, we will be picking 32nd this next draft.

Steel Life
01-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Ummm - no.

Chadman
01-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Pass the dutchie bro :mrgreen:

On the left hand side...

flippy
01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
He might make a decent HBack.

Oviedo
01-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Tebow is tall for a FB and it would be hard for him to get under a defenders pads to block. Tebow is probably the perfect fit for an H-back who could run, catch (we don't know if he can) and provide a passing option out of the backfield. He would add a dimension that would be hard to defend plus he automatically would be you third QB saving a roster spot. Tebow's greatest asset is that he wills his team to vistory. The guy is totally driven. From that standpoint he sounds like a Steeler.

Big question: Like so many other college QBs asked to change position would he balk? I do agree with another poster in that Tebow would never make it past mid 2nd round. If you knew he would commit to a position change I would use a late #1.

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I would imagine him taking McHugh's role and roster spot.

Ozey74
01-10-2009, 11:23 AM
I have a feeling that Tebow will be back at Florida next year. But that would be awesome if he becomes a Steeler in 2010!!

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2009, 11:55 AM

:Agree

Perhaps a Chris Cooley type, minus the hot pants.

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/chriscooley.jpg http://images.hogshaven.com/images/admin/cooley4.jpg

However, I wouldn't mind if Tebow's girlfriend wore those hot pants:

http://www6.pictures.zimbio.com/img/0bfa/TheZimbioTeam/13933l.jpg?m=The_Zimbio_Team http://wvmountaintop.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/tebow.jpg

pfelix73
01-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I'd pass on him. Nice girlfriend though.

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I'd pass on him. Nice girlfriend though.

If she were the fullback, I'd be afraid that Willie would run up behind her every time. Literally.

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 12:20 PM

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/chriscooley.jpg

The look on the WR's face (is that Moss?) is priceless!

Btw, Cooley is the same dude who took a picture of his playbook and his junk was exposed (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/14/chris-cooley-posts-pictures-of-his-redskins-playbook-and-oh/) as well.

Ozey74
01-10-2009, 12:21 PM

Btw, Cooley is the same dude who took a picture of his playbook and his junk was exposed (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/14/chris-cooley-posts-pictures-of-his-redskins-playbook-and-oh/) as well.

After Brady Quinn contract expires, he will demand a trade to the Redskins.....

:stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2009, 12:26 PM

I think it is ex-Niner WR and current Bear WR Brandon Lloyd, actually.

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 12:28 PM

I think it is ex-Niner WR and current Bear WR Brandon Lloyd, actually.

Well I knew it wasn't ARE so I took a shot. :oops:

steelernation77
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Tebow seems like such a douche

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2009, 12:46 PM

I'd be a douche too if Tebow's girls used me for a douche's intended purpose. :shock: :lol:

steelernation77
01-10-2009, 12:52 PM

I'd be a douche too if Tebow's girls used me for a douche's intended purpose. :shock: :lol:

I think you might want to rethink that statement...

Flasteel
01-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I would poop egg rolls. This guy could be a SLASH player for us. At 6' 4" and 240 lbs. this guy could play FB, be our short yardage RB and play some TE. And you can't argue with him being a character guy.... just what the organization loves. He's picked to go no higher than the 3rd round. I think the guy is an absolute winner.... but I'm biased. He's from Florida and was born in the Philippines. :D

I think he stays another year at UF (God I hope he does) and when he does come out there's no way he plays anything but quarterback.

Oviedo
01-10-2009, 01:22 PM

He is really just a down to earth, unpretentious kid. Something we have become so jaded by athletes today we don't expect. He really seems like he just loves living life in an "ah gosh" kinda way.

Nothing wrong with that. I'll guarantee whereever he goes he will be one of the highest character guys on that team. I'd take him on the Steelers without hesitation.

SidSmythe
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat . . . talk about someone who puts his money where his mouth is . . . he's just a football player, could be a Hines Ward at H-back.

steelernation77
01-10-2009, 01:44 PM

He is really just a down to earth, unpretentious kid. Something we have become so jaded by athletes today we don't expect. He really seems like he just loves living life in an "ah gosh" kinda way.

Nothing wrong with that. I'll guarantee whereever he goes he will be one of the highest character guys on that team. I'd take him on the Steelers without hesitation.

Seems like a big phony to me

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Have you ever met him?

I've only seen him on TV and he strikes me as another Kurt Warner. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

Steel Life
01-10-2009, 01:55 PM
H-Back...FB? You guys don't even know if he can block or catch. Charles Davis looked kie a beast but couldn't do either, so let's not presume. As for that "will to win" mantra - lots of guys have it, it's not like Tebow has the market cornered & guys like him haven't come down the pike before. Besides drafting for a H-Back or FB is the least of this team's concerns. As with anything, look beyond the hype & see him for what he is - a bigger, slower version of Vince Young.

steelernation77
01-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Have you ever met him?

I've only seen him on TV and he strikes me as another Kurt Warner. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

I'm not crazy about Warner either, and right now I'm sitting on a couch in the same town he lived in when he played for the Barnstormers.

BigLebowski
01-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I am a tad confused here.

Steeler Nation seems very upset because we can't run the football. Steeler Nation blames Arian's lack of using a real fullback as a lead blocker. And yet it seems Steeler Nation wants Tim Tebow to be a lead blocker.

If we stay with the Indy Arians style offense, I would consider Tebow. But he is going to be drafted on the first day, and I am praying that we decide to actually draft a lineman on day 1.

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Have you ever met him?

I'm not crazy about Warner either, and right now I'm sitting on a couch in the same town he lived in when he played for the Barnstormers.

So you don't like the religious aspects of them then? I'm not a religious person myself but it doesn't bother me. I think there are some people who are phony in their faith but neither of these two strike me as that type.

--------

For the record, I didn't say I wanted him...just the role I would see him in if he were to come here.

SidSmythe
01-10-2009, 04:02 PM

Have you ever met him?

So why don't you just come out and say it ya big girl...
"I don't like Christians"

steelernation77
01-10-2009, 04:18 PM

I have no problem with Christians. I was raised Catholic. I just don't like Tebow or Warner.

DukieBoy
01-10-2009, 05:26 PM

Btw, Cooley is the same dude who took a picture of his playbook and his junk was exposed (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/14/chris-cooley-posts-pictures-of-his-redskins-playbook-and-oh/) as well.\

The dude is going for a Will Ferrell look. Not good.

feltdizz
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
if he is available in the third take him.. he is a natural FB... and would be a great QB/slash type...

I don't like his style as a QB and the media love is beyond pathetic as a college QB...

but as a FB he would be beast. I would be very surprised if he went first round though...
he is a Matt Jones type...

he will get scooped in the second round.

mshifko
01-10-2009, 09:37 PM
he's just a great football player...he would be a phenomenal H-back in the NFL, similiar to a chris cooley...i would welcome him to the steel city

Steelgal
01-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I think they were talking to Todd McShay on Mike and Mike and he said if he came into the league and wanted to play quarterback, he didn't think he would make it out until the 3rd round. Not sure what would happen if he wasn't opposed to playing HB???

Oviedo
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM

Have you ever met him?

A number of kids from the local area are UF students and have met Tebow. He is as advertised--just a good kid. Everyone that has met him said he is a class act.

AngryAsian
01-11-2009, 12:53 AM
I work with someone whose kid went to High School with Tebow and he IS just as good as advertised. The kid spent sommers on mission trips with his parents. His mom had him in the Philippines during one of their mission trips. The kid is as humble as he is confident that whatever he puts his mind to he will be blessed by the Good Lord. We could only be as fortunate to land such a high character player on our squad. Look at what our local Holy Roller (Troy Polamalu) has done for this team thus far.

But FlaSteel is probably correct, he's just the type to stay for another year and try to win a 3rd National Title in 3 years for his school and his teammates. Then he can enter the draft at the position he wants to play... QB.

buckeyehoppy
01-11-2009, 01:30 AM
I think Tebow stays for his senior year and helps UF to be in the BCS Championship hunt again.

After that, he will be drafted as a QB. But, I don't see where he will be any more effective as a QB than he would be as a H-Back or TE. He is obviously strong enough to play any position he wishes to.

As for the religious stuff, if it's good to him it's gotta be good for him. I'm not a Christian, but there's no way he should be criticized for his outlook on life from that standpoint. I don't necessarily appreciate any player giving "thanks" to Christ for all the good that just happened to him because you know there's a player on the other sideline for whom that did work out or for whom that won't ever work out. That ain't Christianity, that's just life.

But if he relies on Christ for his strength and it works in all aspects of his life, even the ones where things don't work for better, then that is great and I say more power to him and you can't hold it against him.

As for Tebow playing for the Steelers, that would be great. But it can't happen at the expense of rebuilding the line, which will require first day picks each of the next two years.

AngryAsian
01-11-2009, 01:53 AM
I think Tebow stays for his senior year and helps UF to be in the BCS Championship hunt again.

After that, he will be drafted as a QB. But, I don't see where he will be any more effective as a QB than he would be as a H-Back or TE. He is obviously strong enough to play any position he wishes to.

As for the religious stuff, if it's good to him it's gotta be good for him. I'm not a Christian, but there's no way he should be criticized for his outlook on life from that standpoint. I don't necessarily appreciate any player giving "thanks" to Christ for all the good that just happened to him because you know there's a player on the other sideline for whom that did work out or for whom that won't ever work out. That ain't Christianity, that's just life.

But if he relies on Christ for his strength and it works in all aspects of his life, even the ones where things don't work for better, then that is great and I say more power to him and you can't hold it against him.

As for Tebow playing for the Steelers, that would be great. But it can't happen at the expense of rebuilding the line, which will require first day picks each of the next two years.

$$$$ on all points made.

stlrz d
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
A number of kids from the local area are UF students and have met Tebow. He is as advertised--just a good kid. Everyone that has met him said he is a class act.

That's what I was getting at. They both appear to be genuine. Maybe a little over the top in their faith publicly, but that's their choice.

feltdizz
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM

That's what I was getting at. They both appear to be genuine. Maybe a little over the top in their faith publicly, but that's their choice.

I like him as a person from what I heard.. but I hate him as a Gator and a QB.. just doesn't really impress me as a QB..

my pastor is a really good guy... but he is also a great basketball player who talks major trash on the court..but he is still a christian and puts God first.

all the christian goodie goodie talk is cool.. but when he is doing the Gator Chomp in the D's face... is it really worse when Harvin or an LB does it because they don't wear God on their sleeve?

stlrz d
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Gotta remember, he is still a kid.

frankthetank1
01-11-2009, 12:52 PM

I like him as a person from what I heard.. but I hate him as a Gator and a QB.. just doesn't really impress me as a QB..

my pastor is a really good guy... but he is also a great basketball player who talks major trash on the court..but he is still a christian and puts God first.

all the christian goodie goodie talk is cool.. but when he is doing the Gator Chomp in the D's face... is it really worse when Harvin or an LB does it because they don't wear God on their sleeve?

i agree about him not being impressive as a qb. no way will he be a good qb in the nfl. i would be shocked if he was even drafted in the first two rounds. what position can he play in the nfl? he is way too slow to play wr imo. i dont mind him as a person, i really have no feeling for him. he is a winner and he has a ton of passion that i will say. he is also a great leader, but a great qb that i wont say. he is a very good college qb but thats it. has there ever been a qb from UF that was decent in the nfl? i cant think of any. shane matthews or grossman is the best i can think of :lol:

feltdizz
01-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Gotta remember, he is still a kid.

so are all the other college players.. I think the analyst do him a disservice by making him this God fearing saint though...

I'm not knocking his missionary service.. I give him the props for that...

but I remember Reggie White saying if he could change one thing about his career it would be the God talk... he said something like he took it too far and started to really believe God wanted him to win games.... Tebow isn't preaching like White.. but it's all they talk about and God doesn't care about football.

Harvin is the best player on that team though.. but you wouldn't know anyone else plays the way they gush over Tebow.

I would take him at FB in the 3rd if he is still there.

Steel Life
01-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I'll say it again...H-Back...FB? You guys don't even know if he can block or catch. Charles Davis looked kie a beast but couldn't do either, so let's not presume. As for that "will to win" mantra - lots of guys have it, it's not like Tebow has the market cornered & guys like him haven't come down the pike before. Besides drafting for a H-Back or FB is the least of this team's concerns. As with anything, look beyond the hype & see him for what he is - a bigger, slower version of Vince Young. Besides, when's the last time a Florida QB did anything in the NFL?

SidSmythe
01-11-2009, 03:08 PM

I have no problem with Christians. I was raised Catholic. I just don't like Tebow or Warner.

OK, then just admit you don't like Christians who don't bow down to the Pope.

steelernation77
01-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Haha, ridiculous. I have no problem with Protestants. I have no problem with Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, any faith that promotes peace and showing love for others. My dislike for Tebow and Warner are separate entities and not just because of their actions related to religion.

I don't like Warner because:
1. He's a statue QB who fumbles a lot and just doesn't seem very tough or athletic. I've never liked statue QBs.
2. When the Rams were good, Rams fans started suddenly appearing out of the woodwork because Warner is from Iowa
3. Rather than ever displaying any personal depth in interviews he has made his religion his default answer. He's made it in to a cliche.

I don't like Tebow because:
1. ESPN is on his nut sack. He is not the GOAT. He's not even the best of the decade. Vince Young was a better college player, and would be better in that system than Tebow was.
2. He presents this front of being such a humble "Aw shucks" guy. At the same time he's doing things like calling Mel Kiper's radio show and questioning him about why he can't play QB. It's juvenile and shows immaturity.
3. Same as Warner.

I like the way Troy handles himself. He is obviously a very religious person but you can see it's because of a deep spirituality and not just a way to get out of answering questions and endear himself to evangelicals.

SidSmythe
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM

Haha, ridiculous. I have no problem with Protestants. I have no problem with Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, any faith that promotes peace and showing love for others. My dislike for Tebow and Warner are separate entities and not just because of their actions related to religion.

I don't like Warner because:
1. He's a statue QB who fumbles a lot and just doesn't seem very tough or athletic. I've never liked statue QBs.
2. When the Rams were good, Rams fans started suddenly appearing out of the woodwork because Warner is from Iowa
3. Rather than ever displaying any personal depth in interviews he has made his religion his default answer. He's made it in to a cliche.

I don't like Tebow because:
1. ESPN is on his nut sack. He is not the GOAT. He's not even the best of the decade. Vince Young was a better college player, and would be better in that system than Tebow was.
2. He presents this front of being such a humble "Aw shucks" guy. At the same time he's doing things like calling Mel Kiper's radio show and questioning him about why he can't play QB. It's juvenile and shows immaturity.
3. Same as Warner.

I like the way Troy handles himself. He is obviously a very religious person but you can see it's because of a deep spirituality and not just a way to get out of answering questions and endear himself to evangelicals.

So have anything good to say about them or are they completely bad???

steeld95
01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Tebow is going back to Florida for his senior year. He just announced it at their celebration.