PDA

View Full Version : OT - Papa Joe Chevalier

stlrz d
01-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey, did this guy ever broadcast in the 'Burgh? He's a huge Steelers fan and used to be part of the One on One sports network before it went belly up. He then went to Sporting News radio but that's not carried around here anywhere. I used to be a sales rep at WNFL here in Green Bay. They are Fox Sports now but used to be One on One sports. Papa Joe once came to Green Bay to do a live Saturday, live Sunday broadcast. Since I was both a Steelers fan and fan of his show I volunteered to play host to him. Well, he stayed in a hotel, so more like chauffeur, but you get the idea.

Anyway, very cool guy, very knowledgeable on sports and especially Pittsburgh sports. If you have any stories about him please share.

http://www.papajoetalk.com/

proudpittsburgher
01-10-2009, 09:01 AM
don't know the answer to your question, but I loved listening to Papa Joe and the gang on 1-on-1. I miss Arnie Spaniers show as well late night. The local sports radio network replaced it with ESPN radio, which isn't bad, but it just isn't 1-on-1.

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 10:54 AM
don't know the answer to your question, but I loved listening to Papa Joe and the gang on 1-on-1. I miss Arnie Spaniers show as well late night. The local sports radio network replaced it with ESPN radio, which isn't bad, but it just isn't 1-on-1.

Well you can listen to him online now. :D

Seriously, hearing his voice again was like running into a long lost friend.