PDA

View Full Version : One of them has to win tomorrow

stlrz d
01-09-2009, 07:52 PM
So which do you prefer?

I would rather the Titans win. We beat the Ravens twice already this season and I think a third time would be tempting fate. Plus I would really like our guys to have another shot at the Titans...there is some unfinished business there.

And of course I hope they beat the snot out of one another regardless of who wins.

Chavezz
01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
I voted for the Ravens. Although a tough match up regardless, we've beat them twice and lost to the Titans.

The Ravens are a one dimensional team that plays to our strength.

JAR
01-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm hoping they physically beat the crap out of each other, so whoever the Steelers face in the AFCCG are beat up and are hopefully missing key players to minor injuries such as sprains, etc.

I would like revenge on the Flaming Thumb Tacks though, but a home AFCCG would be great.

So I'm rooting for a bloodfest between the Rats and Titans

AkronSteel
01-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm hoping they physically beat the crap out of each other, so whoever the Steelers face in the AFCCG are beat up and are hopefully missing key players to minor injuries such as sprains, etc.

I would like revenge on the Flaming Thumb Tacks though, but a home AFCCG would be great.

So I'm rooting for a bloodfest between the Rats and Titans
:Agree

I voted for the Ravens b/c I would rather play the AFCC at home but it doesn't really matter either way, there is incentive with both results. i just hope that the two of them beat the living s**t out of each other! We played the Titans coming off a Ravens game and looked tired......here is hoping that the two of them do the same to each other!

:Beer

agdci981
01-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Wait....so you would rahter face Jeff Fisher AT HOME over Joe Flacco at Heinz Field??! I thought you were a Steelers' fan?? :wft

Steeler Shades
01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Wait....so you would rahter face Jeff Fisher AT HOME over Joe Flacco at Heinz Field??! I thought you were a Steelers' fan?? :wft
Unfortunately, he is not alone.
I don't understand why anyone would WANT to go to Tenn and play a team that beat us handily instead of staying home and playing a team with a rookie QB that we have already beaten twice. I understand the difficulty of beating the same team 3 times in one season, but that has to be an easier task than going back Tenn to play Fisher's Titans in their home stadium...IMHO. 8)

Djfan
01-10-2009, 01:24 AM
I completely agree that home is better. We have beaten teams 3x in one year. It can be done, and I'd rather be home than away. Particularly against a rookie QB, who (as you might remember) might be very worn out by that point.

costanza2k1
01-10-2009, 01:32 AM
I voted the Ravens...got to have the Steelers at home baby!

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Ratbirds. C'mon, how great would it be to beat them THREE TIMES this year and win it all the game after? :ratsuck

steelz09
01-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Either way its going to be a tough game. I honestly am not afraid of the Ratbirds. We know what to expect, and Flacco is going to $hit himself once in these playoff games. I would like it to be against us in the AFC Championship Game at home.

HOWEVER, I really want another stab at the Titans. Another good team, but I want revenge on that terrible towel incident and I bet the players do too. That will be an easy motivational tactic that Tomlin will surely use.

I bet that will be on replay on all the tvs, all week at the Steelers complex if the Titans win.

I'm torn, but I really this it's advantage Steelers, at home, against a rookie QB.

rpmpit
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Either way its going to be a tough game. I honestly am not afraid of the Ratbirds. We know what to expect, and Flacco is going to $hit himself once in these playoff games. I would like it to be against us in the AFC Championship Game at home.

HOWEVER, I really want another stab at the Titans. Another good team, but I want revenge on that terrible towel incident and I bet the players do too. That will be an easy motivational tactic that Tomlin will surely use.

I bet that will be on replay on all the tvs, all week at the Steelers complex if the Titans win.

I'm torn, but I really this it's advantage Steelers, at home, against a rookie QB.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Though I'm leaning a bit more towards the Ravens so we're at home.

AngryAsian
01-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I want another crack at the Titans. If the Ratbirds win they come to our house and we beat them, then all the bauble heads will rant about how the Titans would of beaten us instead of getting to the big dance via a team we owned in 2008. Plus a terrilbe towel needs to be shoved up Lendale White's rectum. You just don't put out that bad karma on our team's iconic symbol. To top it off, prior to this season, we had to face the toughest schedule and our mantra throughout 2008 was "You have to beat the best to be the best." We haven't done that because the Titans have been the best this season, and I want a crack at "the best"... when it matters most.

Sugar
01-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I usually like to beat the teams that beat us already if possible. While it doesn't erase a loss during the season, it makes me feel that we actually win when it counts most. For that reason, if we are successful tomorrow I want the Titans next and either the Eagles or Giants in the SB should we make it that far.

I'm not looking for an "easier" game as there are no easy games in the playoffs. I would rather have a little revenge.

:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Both teams have excellent defenses and tough running games featuring multiple RB's that can beat you. Very similar teams overall.

However, Tennessee beat us 31-14.

We beat the Baltimore twice already.

Tennessess had 5 sacks in their 1 game against us when their top 2 pass rushers were injured, including 3.5 from a rookie injury replacement. Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch are back now.

Baltimore had 6 sacks in their 2 games against us, 3 in each game.

Tennessee has a veteran QB who lead his team to a conference championship game a dozen years ago.

Baltimore has a rookie QB who was 9 of 23 for 135 yards in his first playoff start.

Tennessee finished with the best record in football, earning the #1 seed, meaning we would have to travel to Nashville to play them this week.

Baltimore finished behind us in our own division, and only made the playoffs as the #6 seed because of a conference record tiebreaker over New England.

The only argument that I have heard about why people don't want to play Baltimore is because it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Why is that? We have done it before, most recently to the Browns in the '02 season. I would think it would be harder for a team to have to go into the building of a team in a Conference Championship game, when that team has beaten you twice already that season.

I don't think the Ravens will win today, but I would rather they win (and not only because I will have tickets next weekend if we play them). The atmosphere would be insane playing against a bitter rival for the right to go to the Super Bowl. That game could be epic.

DukieBoy
01-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Terrell Suggs calls himself T-Sizzle ???
What a jerk (we knew that already), OK what a narcissistic AH.
I hope they lose because of him and he breaks his own leg.

feltdizz
01-10-2009, 05:31 PM
as much as I want to repay the Titans.. I think the Ravens win this running away...

Reed and McClain... Ravens by 10.

feltdizz
01-10-2009, 06:24 PM
McClain is hurt...

definitely want the Ravens to win now..

buckeyehoppy
01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
So far, the Titans are giving this game away.

The Rattards O cannot win this game. The D will have to either score or get the O in point blank range.

There's less than 27 minutes left, so we'll see

Starlifter
01-10-2009, 07:28 PM
i'm an 'all or nothing' kinda guy. how glorious would it be to defeat the ratbirds at home for the third time this year in the AFCCG?? If we go on to win the SB over the carcass of baltimore wouldn't that be delicious? on the other hand, i'm not afraid of either team and i'm pretty sure the steelers aren't either. first things first though, take care of SD tomorrow.....

feltdizz
01-10-2009, 08:11 PM

The Rattards O cannot win this game. The D will have to either score or get the O in point blank range.

sure about that? Looks like the Ravens are taking it.. Titans showed how juvenile they could be when they stomped on the towel...

penalties galore... CJ out. TO's.. you know how this should end?

in PA!!!

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
The Titans lost this game themselves.

buckeyehoppy
01-10-2009, 08:55 PM

sure about that? Looks like the Ravens are taking it.. Titans showed how juvenile they could be when they stomped on the towel...

penalties galore... CJ out. TO's.. you know how this should end?

in PA!!!

And it ends in PA if the Steelers play smart and control the ball and the clock. Tomorrow is huge because the Steelers need to show that their O can control the tempo of a game.

I'm surprised that the 'Tards O did, in fact, win the game. But the Tits blowing the game with turnovers and sloppy play in the 'Tards end did them in more than anything.

The formula should be the same for the Thunder Dolts as it will be against the 'Tards: ball control, TOP, tooth-crushing D. The Steelers will need all three elements to get to Tampa. Anything less will result in embarrassment.