PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote

flippy
01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Anyone else think Larry Foote might be needed in this game more than Timmons to stop the run?

pittpete
01-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I honestly dont see the bolts running on us, so Id have to say we'll probably see a lot of Timmons

SidSmythe
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I think we will see the same we say all year . . . let Sproles do his thing. We will go after Rivers!

Chavezz
01-09-2009, 08:07 PM
I think we see a lot of #94. I think his speed is going to be more important than Foote's ability to fill the box.

Timmon's has the speed to cover Gates down the seam, get to the outside and contain the screens to Sproles and to keep the cut back lanes closed. Larry doesn't have the quicks to do that consistently.

Foote, although good at what he does, isn't what we need for this game. If we beat the Chargers, Foote will play a bigger role against teams like the Ravens and the Titans.

mshifko
01-09-2009, 09:58 PM
i think philip rivers is going to come out throwing the football...i don't see the chargers going into the game, trying to the run the ball down our throats...they're going to try to work the sidelines and the middle of the field, looking for stuff to open up deep down the field...i hope our secondary can make big plays, while our front 7 puts pressure on rivers

Djfan
01-10-2009, 01:55 AM
I have thought that this game is custom made for Timmons. He is fast and smart. He can give Sproles fits, and cover Gates.

He may have a huge pick Sunday.

Discipline of Steel
01-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Timmons needs to get in there and lay some wood on someone. He needs a statement hit in a statement game to advance his career to the next level.