PDA

View Full Version : 8 inches... of snow!

feltdizz
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
predicted...

:Boobs

Iron Shiek
01-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I'll second that.... :Boobs

flippy
01-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I think thats an advantage to the chargers.

we'll overcome, of course.

AkronSteel
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM

Just wanted to put more of these on this thread!!! Gotta love 'em!

Mel Blount's G
01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

stlrz d
01-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

I would recommend, in no particular order, a garage and a snow blower. :D

Iron Shiek
01-09-2009, 03:02 PM

While it neutralizes Sproles' speed, it allows him and his small strides better mobility and could cause trouble. This idea was brought forth by Mike Nolan who was on Sirius NFL Radio this morning. I can go with that theory. But then again...we have James Harrison.

Advantage = Steelers

SidSmythe
01-09-2009, 03:08 PM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":25yel2t6]I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

I would recommend, in no particular order, a garage and a snow blower. :D[/quote:25yel2t6]

Yeah, and if you're a troll i recommend you stay in the garage while you warm it up. :tt1

Jigawatts
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
There's 100% chance of snow Saturday and only a %10 chance on Sunday.

steelernation77
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I've been looking at forecasts and it looks like the snow is coming saturday not sunday. I don't expect there to be any on the field sunday.

Steeler Mafia
01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
8 Inches of Snow? Wasn't that an album from a white rapper? Maybe it was 12 Inches of Snow. "Inforrrrmer......"

Either way, lets see how the lightning bug dances with all that snow on the field. My prediction is that he will run into the human bug zapper that goes by the name James Harrison. ZZZZAP! :mrgreen:

Mel Blount's G
01-09-2009, 03:21 PM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":2kg98843]I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

Yeah, and if you're a troll i recommend you stay in the garage while you warm it up. :tt1[/quote:2kg98843]
Ouch. Why would you even THINK that Sidney?

Have snow blower. Still a lot of work when you have to do it every day or second day. Plus it doesn't get up onto the decks. Plus it's just not that fun when it's -30 degrees celsius and the wind is blowing. Plus I need to get it done before it's pitch black at 5:30. Sorry to p-iss and moan folks. This winter has been depressing me.

FYI: I'm in north-central Alberta. I have no room to complain as this is par for the course. Yet I still do....

flippy
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM

While it neutralizes Sproles' speed, it allows him and his small strides better mobility and could cause trouble. This idea was brought forth by Mike Nolan who was on Sirius NFL Radio this morning. I can go with that theory. But then again...we have James Harrison.

Advantage = Steelers

My thought is bad weather brings down all talent and makes everyone closer to equals.

Pittsburgh's way more talented so this weather hurts us more.

ROLROC
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger
i want a dry field with no wind. cold is OK.

ikestops85
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger
i want a dry field with no wind. cold is OK.

:Agree The snow used to be an advantage when we had a dominant offensive line which I think we all can agree we no longer have. I think snow levels the playing field and our superior athletic talent gets neutralized.

Discipline of Steel
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1e7x1f0z][quote="Mel Blount's G":1e7x1f0z]I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

Yeah, and if you're a troll i recommend you stay in the garage while you warm it up. :tt1[/quote:1e7x1f0z]

Have snow blower. Still a lot of work when you have to do it every day or second day. Plus it doesn't get up onto the decks. Plus it's just not that fun when it's -30 degrees celsius and the wind is blowing. Plus I need to get it done before it's pitch black at 5:30. Sorry to p-iss and moan folks. This winter has been depressing me.

FYI: I'm in north-central Alberta. I have no room to complain as this is par for the course. Yet I still do....[/quote:1e7x1f0z]

I look forward to my once a year trek to Michigan. The first thing I do is shovel the snow in my mother and neighbors driveways and sidewalks. I actually enjoy being out there but I am always aware that I will be leaving it soon to return to sunny Fla.

mshifko
01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
i am kind of with flippy's viewpoint on this issue...i think it hurts us for sure

agdci981
01-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Advantage = Steelers
How does snow help a guy that is dinged up?

Jooser
01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1795/snowsmileykw0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

agdci981
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
i am kind of with flippy's viewpoint on this issue...i think it hurts us for sure
Of course it does. A team built on speed is never going to be helped by 8 inches of snow!!! That much snow also is an equalizer of talent.

frankthetank1
01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
im suprised at some of the opinons here. i think its a huge advantage for the steelers. besides the obvious ones, i always think bad weather favors the team with the better defense. the weather wasnt great in the first meeting and the steelers had 400 yards of offense

JAR
01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
predicted...

With a coating of ice to top it off.

A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY LATER TONIGHT AND SATURDAY. SNOW WILL DEVELOP THIS EVENING AND BE HEAVY AT TIMES INTO SATURDAY. THE SNOW WILL MIX WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN LATER SATURDAY. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED WITH A COATING OF ICE AS WELL.

Mel Blount's G
01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
No one is stating the obvious Steeler advantage (or did they?) ===> We are playing a team from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. Cold, sloppy weather should absolutely favor us over softies from coastal paradise

DukieBoy
01-09-2009, 08:24 PM
SD won't know what shoes to wear on this field.
We SHOULD have that issue wired, though FWP sure does slip alot on the Heinz turf.

Flasteel
01-09-2009, 09:23 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3k3clie9][quote="Mel Blount's G":3k3clie9]I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

Yeah, and if you're a troll i recommend you stay in the garage while you warm it up. :tt1[/quote:3k3clie9]

FYI: I'm in north-central Alberta. I have no room to complain as this is par for the course. Yet I still do....[/quote:3k3clie9]

Ouch Mel. Forget the snowblower and garage...you need to move to a more inhabitable climate. 75 degrees and sunny here. :stirpot

frunko1
01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I remember Bettis always saying you had to take really short steps in adverse weather, and Parker always seemed to have trouble adjusting.

You would think Parker would have learned from the best. But oh well..

:tt2 :tt2

Mel Blount's G
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2d0yr75o][quote="Mel Blount's G":2d0yr75o]I'm so fugging sick of shovlin snow and warming up my truck for 25 minutes every morning

Yeah, and if you're a troll i recommend you stay in the garage while you warm it up. :tt1

FYI: I'm in north-central Alberta. I have no room to complain as this is par for the course. Yet I still do....[/quote:2d0yr75o]

Ouch Mel. Forget the snowblower and garage...you need to move to a more inhabitable climate. 75 degrees and sunny here. :stirpot[/quote:2d0yr75o]
Hey now, it's very nice up here........for about 4 months of every year :P :arrow: :| :arrow: :x

If you find a grizzled stranger wearing a well-worn steeler 43 jersey and brandishing a a 3/4 empty bottle of rye Flasteel, please invite Mel Blount's G in and then pour him off at the nearest beach with a bottle of sunscreen and a black n gold Stetson hat.
http://coconutgirlwireless.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/mexicansunscreen.jpg

agdci981
01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
No one is stating the obvious Steeler advantage (or did they?) ===> We are playing a team from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. Cold, sloppy weather should absolutely favor us over softies from coastal paradise
That doesnt matter. They have been playing away games away from San Diego and as many of their players went to school/grew up in warm climates as Steelers' players did I am sure.

Discipline of Steel
01-10-2009, 06:45 AM
SD doesnt travel east very well, kind of like Arizona. I think the travel + the cold weather will serve to take them out of their comfort zone, esp with a few of their stars hurting. I imagine the field will be clear by gametime but, with no one on our injured list, the cold weather will be an absolute advantage for the Steelers. I will be absolutely surprised if they lose this game.

Djfan
01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
SD doesnt travel east very well, kind of like Arizona. I think the travel + the cold weather will serve to take them out of their comfort zone, esp with a few of their stars hurting. I imagine the field will be clear by gametime but, with no one on our injured list, the cold weather will be an absolute advantage for the Steelers. I will be absolutely surprised if they lose this game.

This is the reality. Bad weather favors defense.

Starlifter
01-10-2009, 03:20 PM
i don't think the snow will be an issue. the field is covered and tomorrow looks ok. the field should be cold, hard and hopefully dry.

JAR
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Well, the storm was a flop. a couple of inches last night and the storm was downgraded to a winter weather advisory this morning. just some on and off sleet and freezing rain in Pittsburgh today.