PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wells Enters Draft

SidSmythe
01-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I Love This Kids ability . . . . .

BUT

I wouldn't take him if we were looking at RB's

I question his toughness and durability.

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM

BUT

Luckily, we are not looking at RB's. Hopefully, his presence in the draft means that another team will take him before us, making it more likely that a guy we really want might fall into our lap.

Speaking of underclassmen RB's entering the draft, Pitt's McCoy also declared yesterday.

steelz09
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I just saw a mock draft of us picking Wells... I thought to myself, does this person have any idea that we drafted mendenhall in the 1st round last yer?

I guess not :)

Planet Steelers will be provided a database of mock draft sites very shortly, including its very own

:Cheers

Iron Shiek
01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Pretty decent crop of RB's, Beanie, Spiller, Moreno and company. With the success of recent rookie rb's, I can see several teams ahead of us taking rbs and giving us an opportunity to pick the guy we want....!

Oviedo
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I just saw a mock draft of us picking Wells... I thought to myself, does this person have any idea that we drafted mendenhall in the 1st round last yer?

I guess not :)

Planet Steelers will be provided a database of mock draft sites very shortly, including its very own

:Cheers

If this year showed anything you can't have enough good RBs. Ask the Broncos who went though about 6.

That said I wouldn't see us taking one until at least round 4 or 5 if we took one at all.

MeetJoeGreene
01-09-2009, 11:49 AM

BUT

Luckily, we are not looking at RB's. Hopefully, his presence in the draft means that another team will take him before us, making it more likely that a guy we really want might fall into our lap.

Speaking of underclassmen RB's entering the draft, Pitt's McCoy also declared yesterday.

:Agree

Let's hope all of these Running Backs have stellar combines and teams above us reach for them!

SteelBucks
01-09-2009, 11:49 AM

BUT

Being an OSU alum and seeing all of his games, I don't question his toughness but I do worry about his durability. His running style (running over people instead of around) has led to a lot of nagging injuries while at OSU.

I hate to see him leave but he has to do what's right for his family. The guy's got 11 brothers and sisters! :shock:

steelz09
01-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Yea -- A good o-line can also make sub-par RB's look great. That's what we need to focus on.

Oviedo
01-09-2009, 12:00 PM

BUT

:Agree

Let's hope all of these Running Backs have stellar combines and teams above us reach for them!

RB is the position that drops the most in the draft. Whatever their projections expect that you can get them at least half a round later than they are projected. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Jom112
01-09-2009, 12:20 PM
If we take Beanie Wells with the 6th pick in the draft that might put me over the edge and make me give up my fandom. With our O-Line issues and dozens of other holes I really hope we are not that stupid...

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
If we take Beanie Wells with the 6th pick in the draft that might put me over the edge and make me give up my fandom. With our O-Line issues and dozens of other holes I really hope we are not that stupid...

Beanie could be the one that sends Jom over to the dark side...your Planet Steeler brethren will send the memo to Mike Brown. You can be a full-fledged Steeler fan three-and-a-half months from now. :lol:

Oviedo
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM

If the Bumgals Take Wells with the 6th pick then someone should implode your stadium and just move to LA. He isn't even going to be thre best RB in this draft let alone a Top 10 pick. He may not even be a Round 1.

But it is the Bumgals so I could see them trading away 2 or 3 draft choices to Detroit to get the #1 pick and then draft Wells #1 because it would be great publicity with all the OSU fans. Thats pretty much how they do business anyway.

Jom112
01-09-2009, 01:59 PM

If the Bumgals Take Wells with the 6th pick then someone should implode your stadium and just move to LA. He isn't even going to be thre best RB in this draft let alone a Top 10 pick. He may not even be a Round 1.

But it is the Bumgals so I could see them trading away 2 or 3 draft choices to Detroit to get the #1 pick and then draft Wells #1 because it would be great publicity with all the OSU fans. Thats pretty much how they do business anyway.

No way Mike Brown trades up to get a #1 pick contract. I might have over exaggerated as well. Wells isn't bad, I just agree with the notion that RB's a dime a dozen. Get a good O-Line and watch the passing game and running game (No matter whose back there), become successful.

Beanie could be the one that sends Jom over to the dark side...your Planet Steeler brethren will send the memo to Mike Brown. You can be a full-fledged Steeler fan three-and-a-half months from now. :lol:

Not going to the dark side, my friend. I think ASIAN already sent me the application though...

mshifko
01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
beanie will be a talented back in the NFL...we do not need him however...we have a multi purpose back in mendenhall and keep in mind we do still have FWP, you know the 1 year removed pro bowler who was leading the league in rushing until he broke his fibula...

steelernation77
01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
If by some act of God Shonn Greene fell to us in the third we have to take him. Greene is legit. His power is unparalleled by any back in the draft and he has great vision and burst. I've seen ever snap this kid has taken, he is the real deal.
Trade or cut Parker and our backs are Mendenhall and Greene, a great combination.

BTW: Wells is overrated and I hope the Bengals draft him.

Oviedo
01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
If by some act of God Shonn Greene fell to us in the third we have to take him. Greene is legit. His power is unparalleled by any back in the draft and he has great vision and burst. I've seen ever snap this kid has taken, he is the real deal.
Trade or cut Parker and our backs are Mendenhall and Greene, a great combination.

Green will be gone by the time we pick in Round 2. He may be the best RB in this draft.

steelernation77
01-09-2009, 02:35 PM

Green will be gone by the time we pick in Round 2. He may be the best RB in this draft.

If he runs a bad forty time like in the 4.6 range there's a chance. I think he'll run in the 4.5s and we won't have a shot at him but even if he runs a 4.6+ we should take him if he's there in the third. I don't care about his forty, he's great.

papillon
01-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Yea -- A good o-line can also make sub-par RB's look great. That's what we need to focus on.

$$$$

:Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

This debate is officially over with this statement.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
01-09-2009, 03:34 PM

$$$$

:Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

This debate is officially over with this statement.

Pappy

Its not over until we say: "Go eff yourself San Diego!"