PDA

View Full Version : News report this evening ...tons of tickets out there....

Mister Pittsburgh
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
On the news this evening in Pittsburgh it was reported that there are tons of tickets out there available for this game. People throwing tickets up on ebay, craigs list, selling to scalpers, stub hub......I hope this game is sold out or Pittsburgh is going to look like a bunch of douche bags. Some people were saying they didn't want to go to the game due to the cold. What the hell is that. Please sell your seat license if you are that big of a sissy. Please.

Anymore it seems like the people with the seat license just want to make a buck off of the tickets and could give a crap about the Steelers. I have coworker that has been to maybe 3 games in the past 5 years yet holds 4 seat license because his uncles and dad gave them to him. He is a fan, but doesn't go. Tries to sell the tickets for 150% of face value.

They need to come up with a system down there to check who is actually using the tickets associated with the seat license. If it isn't the license owner for over 50% of the games then they need to take the damn season tickets and sell the license to next in line on the waiting list.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=51356@kdka.dayport.com

Here is the link I think to the video. 3 thousand on stub hub. Total bull****.

Steeler Shades
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Will you be at the game?
Seems like this was also a problem last year for the Jax playoff game. 8)

mshifko
01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
i work until 3:30, otherwise i would be at the game for sure

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM
its the economy...

AkronSteel
01-09-2009, 12:03 AM
This may actually work out better for a more rabid crowd. Hopefully some of the corporate jerks, who don't pay attention to the game anyway, are the ones selling their tickets and the real fans can swoop them up and make for a crazy crowd reminiscent of Three Rivers! Either way.....the place is going to be packed and loud as Hell!!!

:tt1 :tt2

Mister Pittsburgh
01-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Will you be at the game?
Seems like this was also a problem last year for the Jax playoff game. 8)

I dropped in the range of 600 bucks for 4 tickets to the AFCCG. I tried for this one but no tickets were available on ticketmaster so I went for the AFCCG and got 4. From that deal for being on the waiting list. My wife would kill me if I spent more money to go to this one!

Needless to say I am pulling for a Rats win and a Steelers blowout. :tt2

Steeler Shades
01-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I dropped in the range of 600 bucks for 4 tickets to the AFCCG.
As a season ticket holder I spent about the same $560+ for two to this weekend and two for the AFCC. Lets hope we can use our tix next week. :tt2
8)

buckeyehoppy
01-09-2009, 01:39 AM
On the news this evening in Pittsburgh it was reported that there are tons of tickets out there available for this game. People throwing tickets up on ebay, craigs list, selling to scalpers, stub hub......I hope this game is sold out or Pittsburgh is going to look like a bunch of douche bags. Some people were saying they didn't want to go to the game due to the cold. What the hell is that. Please sell your seat license if you are that big of a sissy. Please.

Anymore it seems like the people with the seat license just want to make a buck off of the tickets and could give a crap about the Steelers. I have coworker that has been to maybe 3 games in the past 5 years yet holds 4 seat license because his uncles and dad gave them to him. He is a fan, but doesn't go. Tries to sell the tickets for 150% of face value.

They need to come up with a system down there to check who is actually using the tickets associated with the seat license. If it isn't the license owner for over 50% of the games then they need to take the damn season tickets and sell the license to next in line on the waiting list.

All are pretty good points you make Mr. PGH.

Many of these NFL teams have recently received state and federal monies for the construction of new stadia. I'm not sure of the details surrounding the Heinz Field construction, but I am sure the Steelers got some form of government largesse to secure the construction funding.

Yet, they don't police the activities of the PSL owners and they are permitted to sell all their ducats, if they wish, for the so-called "market value".

Now, I don't have a problem with PSL owners getting market value for their seats. More power to 'em. But when the Steelers have a wait list, the PSL holders should be mandated by the team to use a certain percentage of the tickets themselves or be forced to sell to people on the wait list. The PSL holders who don't personally use their ducats are to blame much of the time for the inflated value of the tickets for individual games. In large part, this is the result of brokers getting hold of the PSLs. Obviously, they won't personally be using tickets to games. This is where the atmosphere for ticket movement like the kind we're seeing here comes from.

Granted, the weather is gonna be sucky and people aren't spending the kind of money for events like Steelers games that they used to because our country's economy is in the tank and people are being really cautious with their $$$ for understandable reasons.

Now, I wouldn't mind attending a game (haven't attended an NFL game in person since 1995), but I'll be pretty deliberate with the way I go about attending a game when it happens. Believe me, I'm in no rush because the delight is in getting to watch the Steelers anyway...no matter where I am at.

agdci981
01-09-2009, 02:54 AM
I agree it is pretty pathetic BUT you could probably sell an AFCCG ticket for about the price it costs for 4 or 5 games of the regular season. Sell them both? Your season is paid for. Some people living paycheck to paycheck might not have the extra income RIGHT NOW to pay for their tickets. In the future they may and therefore I dont think the Steelers should strip them of their seat license. However...the people that can afford them and just sell their tickets game after game after game should just DIAF. **** them.

Iron Shiek
01-09-2009, 09:37 AM
This may actually work out better for a more rabid crowd. Hopefully some of the corporate jerks, who don't pay attention to the game anyway, are the ones selling their tickets and the real fans can swoop them up and make for a crazy crowd reminiscent of Three Rivers! Either way.....the place is going to be packed and loud as Hell!!!

:tt1 :tt2

You are absolutely right kron! This helps me tremendously...as i will be searching for tickets when I get to the burgh...and I will definitely be rabid! :Steel

pfelix73
01-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I had an extra pair and they only brought $200 on Ebay. 2 weeks ago, people were getting $325 for the same section.

Stubhub had some at $98 each yesterday. IF you really want to go, they are affordable now for this game...... $98 ain't bad, considering they were $90+ on ticketmaster.

No excuses. It's gonna be cold and LOUD!

Pep rally is today.

Ghost
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM
its the economy...

I agree with you. I don't think it's the weather at all. Hundreds of dollars for a couple of tickets is a lot of money right now for a lot of people, especially 2 weeks after Christmas. I can't fault anyone looking at game vs. groceries or rent.

I think most of those tickets will get used and the stadium will be loud and crazy. :tt2

AngryAsian
01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
All the fans who are but a drive away are so very fortunate. If I lived in the area, I would most certainly be there.

costanza2k1
01-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I think there are only 143 left on stub hub...

phillyesq
01-09-2009, 02:35 PM
All the fans who are but a drive away are so very fortunate. If I lived in the area, I would most certainly be there.

I'm with you. If I lived in Pittsburgh, I'd strongly consider going to the game. But right now, I'm working on building a war chest for the SB.

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM

I'm with you. If I lived in Pittsburgh, I'd strongly consider going to the game. But right now, I'm working on building a war chest for the SB.

We sent in our $1625 for two chances at the season ticket holder Super Bowl lottery a week ago. It worked for us last time. Of course, we can't drive to Tampa like we drove to Detroit. Instead of taking the Bus, we'll have to travel via Air Ben.

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2009, 08:34 PM
i'm driving in from 6 1/2 7 hours away

maybe thru a snow storm

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
i'm driving in from 6 1/2 7 hours away

maybe thru a snow storm

Your trip is about an hour or so longer than mine (from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area). We are leaving Sunday morning (we were planning to leave at 8:30, but if weather is as bad as it sounds, my dad may try to get out of work early...night shift...so we can leave even earlier to make sure we get to Pittsburgh with plenty of time to spare).

We plan to take interstates the whole way (I-81 to I-80 to I-79 to I-279). Hopefully, PennDOT allows the plows and the salt trucks do their job, clearing a path for us on the highway, just like Arians should allow a fullback to do his job, clearing a path for the running backs on the gridiron.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2009, 11:00 PM
How did this turn out ... did we sell out?

Steeler Shades
01-12-2009, 08:18 AM
From my perspective looked like a sell out. Great time and the fans were really into the game. 8)

flippy
01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
From my perspective looked like a sell out. Great time and the fans were really into the game. 8)

It seemed a little quiet on TV. until we were in command then the crowd got loud.

that's the biggest thing i don't get. if the crowd wants to make an impact, they need to do it before the game is decided.

now i'm sure many of the folks on here were going nuts. but for every one of you, there's probably 10-20 others at the game sitting on their hands.

almost every game i've been to at heinz is a relatively mellow crowd.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Flippy, where' your sig?!!!!!?

flippy
01-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Flippy, where' your sig?!!!!!?

I haven't changed it.

Steeler Shades
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
How did this turn out ... did we sell out?From my perspective looked like a sell out. Great time and the fans were really into the game. 8)It seemed a little quiet on TV. until we were in command then the crowd got loud...
Before the game and as it began, I thought the crowd was VERY loud. Of course it gets quiet when your #1 D gives up 7 points in about three plays. You want the crowd to be quiet when the Steelers offense is on the field. But starting with the Chargers 2nd possession (and especially after Holmes TD return) I thought it was really loud.

One thing I've noticed: When I DVR a game and watch it at home it does seem much quieter than at the stadium (duh). In some stadiums the TV announcers have coats on and are outside while calling the game. I wonder if on TV the Heinz crowd seems quieter because the announcers are behind glass? Just a thought...... 8)

SteelerNation1
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
For a playoff game I thought the crowd got a B. I, of course, received an A+ because I am awesome, but as a whole, the crowd graded out at about a B. :lol:

In all seriousness, it was a good crowd. Of course it was a sellout. The Steelers have sold out EVERY game since Dec 1972. I haven't rewatched the game yet, but like soemone said the noise doesnt really transfer over to TV.

I expect an absolute madhouse next week.

RuthlessBurgher
01-12-2009, 02:38 PM

It's always a sell out. The Steelers sold all of the tickets. The whole point of this thread was many of those people who bought tickets from the Steelers were re-selling them via StubHub, eBay, Ticketmaster TicketExchange, and other sources in order to make a profit themselves. I know that I was there, plus 63,898 more of my closest friends.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1