PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a pickle on who to pull for this weekend.......

Ozey74
01-08-2009, 11:06 AM
The Titans or the Ravens.

If the Titans host the Steelers in the AFC Championship game, I am there in person rooting for the Black & Gold.

If the Ravens win, then my beloved Steelers will have the advantage of winning the conference at home.

What would you do?

:tt2

frankthetank1
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM

If the Titans host the Steelers in the AFC Championship game, I am there in person rooting for the Black & Gold.

If the Ravens win, then my beloved Steelers will have the advantage of winning the conference at home.

What would you do?

well if you are planning on going to the afcc game if the ravens win i would definetly pull for them. if not i would go with tenn, thats just my opinion though. i think its pretty impossible to beat the ravens three times this season, especially since both wins were in the last seconds pretty much. the way the tenn game went especially with the disrespect shown to the tt, it would be a perfect set up for a road win in tenn

NC Steeler Fan
01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I personally think we play better in the playoffs on the road.

I also do NOT want to face baltimore right now.

GO tENNESEE!!!!!!*

*sorry, just can't bring myself to capitalize the name of
any other NFL team... 8)

SteelerNation1
01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Don't root/pull for for anyone. The last time I rooted for another team was in 1994. I was really pulling for the SD Chargers to beat Miami in the divisional playoffs, so we wouldn't have to play Dan Marino again that year. OOPs. We all know how that turned out.

Oviedo
01-08-2009, 11:23 AM

GO tENNESEE!!!!!!*

any other NFL team... 8)

I agree. I hate home play off games. History says they are not our best.

RKSteel
01-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I would love the AFCCG at Heinz Field. But can the Steelers beat the Ravens 3x, I don't know?

I think the Steelers can definately beat the Titans. You know if the Titans win, then you'll hear a week Ratbird whining, "the Titans got lucky and the Steelers have to be happy not having to face the Ratbirds."

As for who to pull for this weekend, I generally don't watch Ratbird games, cause if they are winning I get po'd. So I'll just hope that they beat each other senseless, and the Steelers take care of business against the Chargers and in the AFCCG no matter who they play.

flippy
01-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Don't root/pull for for anyone. The last time I rooted for another team was in 1994. I was really pulling for the SD Chargers to beat Miami in the divisional playoffs, so we wouldn't have to play Dan Marino again that year. OOPs. We all know how that turned out.

I'm with you on this sentiment. Doesn't matter. We'll beat either team. At home or on the road.

I'm gonna root for Balt and Tenn to practically kill one another.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-08-2009, 12:19 PM

What would you do?

I'm giving stong consideration to purchasing Titans AFCC tix NOW...

Here's my dilemma. I could end up with tix for Titans vs Chargers.

stubhub.com is allowing you to purchas for a venue and if the game doesn't happen there, you get a refund. So, there's a 1 in 4 chance that I end up with Titans v chargers... any other way, I can't lose...

would you buy or wait?

NW Steeler
01-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Root for the STEELERS!

The rest will take care of itself. I'm with you though, the Ratbirds will be tough to beat a third time. I can't see Flacco winning 3 playoff games to get to the dance. No rookie qb has won more than 1 playoff game. But AFTER we do beat them, think of how SWEET it will be!

I'm torn on who I'd rather see us beat. I'd love to watch the Steelers clinch the AFC title at home, but at the same time, I'd like to beat the Titans in their stadium just to rub it in their noses after the way they acted in week 16....

Ozey74
01-08-2009, 12:39 PM

What would you do?

stubhub.com is allowing you to purchas for a venue and if the game doesn't happen there, you get a refund. So, there's a 1 in 4 chance that I end up with Titans v chargers... any other way, I can't lose...

would you buy or wait?

DONT BUY YET!!!

I called the Titans ticket office yesterday & they said that they will be selling tickets through Ticketmaster next week if they host the AFCC game. They will have the details on Monday morning. The prices of tickets will range from $80-$300.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-08-2009, 12:41 PM

What would you do?

would you buy or wait?

DONT BUY YET!!!

I called the Titans ticket office yesterday & they said that they will be selling tickets through Ticketmaster next week if they host the AFCC game. They will have the details on Monday morning. The prices of tickets will range from $80-$300.
gotcha... I was on stubhub and they were like $165... I kept thinking, "these tix will be gone by the time the steelers finish Sunday night... i'll be looking at $250 tix - and i'm cheap..."

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 12:45 PM

GO tENNESEE!!!!!!*

any other NFL team... 8)

I saw a post on another forum that stated (according to pittsburghsteelers.com) that the Steelers are 13-7 in divisional playoff games, including a 10-1 record at home. 2-0 at Heinz field. AFCCG's may be a different story, but that was under Cowher.

SteelerNation1
01-08-2009, 01:01 PM

What would you do?

would you buy or wait?

DONT BUY YET!!!

Ozey, please PM with details (after we win of course!).

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2009, 01:14 PM

GO tENNESEE!!!!!!*

any other NFL team... 8)

History says that we are 16-9 in home playoff games, 7-9 in road playoff games, and 5-1 in neutral site playoff games.

steelernation77
01-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Root for injuries!

Mel Blount's G
01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
The odds are against beating the same team 3 times in a season so I'll take the mammaryans.

But then as Han Solo said, "NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!"
http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/star-wars-han-solo-kessel-run.jpg

Ozey74
01-08-2009, 02:25 PM

What would you do?

would you buy or wait?

DONT BUY YET!!!

Ozey, please PM with details (after we win of course!).

You got it! I will be on the phone first thing Monday morning trying to get details.

kennyes
01-08-2009, 11:12 PM

GO tENNESEE!!!!!!*

any other NFL team... 8)

History is meant be broken!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Chadman
01-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm in a pickle on who to pull for this weekend.......

Does anyone else think it's a brave move using the words pull & pickle in the same sentence on this board?