PDA

View Full Version : Brother, can you spare one more vote for Tomlin?

stlrz d
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=coaches

agdci981
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Why does Tomlin deserve a vote other than because he is your favorite team's coach? Fisher got the top seed with less talent AND beat Tomlin head to head.

Steelhere10
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
voted!!!

SteelerNation1
01-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Why does Tomlin deserve a vote other than because he is your favorite team's coach? Fisher got the top seed with less talent AND beat Tomlin head to head.
Because I cannot vote for Russ Grimm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LasVegasGuy
01-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Plus, Tony Sparano, unlike Mike Tomlin, didn't inherit a team one year removed from the Super Bowl.

stlrz d
01-07-2009, 09:48 PM

Just because it pisses you off ya pop jag. :Hater

Steeler Shades
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I find this post offensive. 8)

agdci981
01-07-2009, 10:43 PM

Typical response from you, ya bum....Care to explain why Tomlin should get coach of the year ahead of the other candidates?

stlrz d
01-07-2009, 10:59 PM
It's an internet fan vote. It's designed to get more traffic to NFL.com. It's a fun, meaningless thing...for the fans.

Take the stick out of your ass.

MeetJoeGreene
01-07-2009, 11:05 PM

Yes Sir!!
I voted.

For Tomlin.

Why?

Because I am a Steeler homer FAN.

That's what fan's do.

Let Titans fans vote for Fisher.

Every Steeler that is nominated for anything - I vote for.

Jom112
01-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Because I cannot vote for Russ Grimm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently I can't vote for Marvin Lewis either... :roll:

Flasteel
01-07-2009, 11:10 PM

Typical response from you, ya bum....Care to explain why Tomlin should get coach of the year ahead of the other candidates?

You can make a case for it, but I don't think he should be.

1. Second-best record in the league
2. Toughest schedule since the dawn of time
3. Numerous injuries to starters
4. First Steelers coach to ever win back to back division titles to start a career

How many times did we promote our players for weekly or even annual awards, even when they may not have been the most worthy? Why are you giving him a rash of crap for promoting Tomlin?

I'll tell you why.

You, Vegas, and all the rest of the haters on here can't get past the fact that he's our coach and it still gets under your skin. I'm not going to sit here and accuse you of being anything that you may not be, but a rational mind would by now accept the fact that we made a good choice.

Get over it.

Jooser
01-08-2009, 12:13 AM

Well, I'd enjoy you explaining to the rest of us Steelers fans why not. You're such a hater sometimes..... :Blah

LasVegasGuy
01-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Yes Sir!!
I voted.

For Tomlin.

Why?

That's what fan's do.

True but isn't that the reason why guys like Brett Favre is going to the Pro Bowl this year? Because people base their vote on being a fan and not by who is really deserving.

LasVegasGuy
01-08-2009, 12:21 AM

4. First Steelers coach to ever win back to back division titles to start a career

How many times did we promote our players for weekly or even annual awards, even when they may not have been the most worthy? Why are you giving him a rash of crap for promoting Tomlin?

I'll tell you why.

You, Vegas, and all the rest of the haters on here can't get past the fact that he's our coach and it still gets under your skin. I'm not going to sit here and accuse you of being anything that you may not be, but a rational mind would by now accept the fact that we made a good choice.

Get over it.

He is far from being under my skin these days. However, that can all change if we don't win at least one playoff and Bruce Arians isn't fired.

SteelerNation1
01-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Yes Sir!!
I voted.

For Tomlin.

Why?

That's what fan's do.

True but isn't that the reason why guys like Brett Favre is going to the Pro Bowl this year? Because people base their vote on being a fan and not by who is really deserving.
Meh...so Phil Rivers doesnt make the trip to Hawaii...no skin off my sack.

Jom112
01-08-2009, 12:28 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Plus Philip Rivers missing the pro bowl probably has as much to do with him being a D Bag as it does homers voting for Farve...

SteelerNation1
01-08-2009, 12:32 AM

Plus Philip Rivers missing the pro bowl probably has as much to do with him being a D Bag as it does homers voting for Farve...
He is a punk.

agdci981
01-08-2009, 12:57 AM
It's an internet fan vote. It's designed to get more traffic to NFL.com. It's a fun, meaningless thing...for the fans.

Take the stick out of your ass.
As someone else mentioned/....like Pro Bowl voting?? Which you have complained about Favre?? Isnt this the same thing with this vote?

agdci981
01-08-2009, 12:59 AM

I'll tell you why.

Get over it.1. Best record in the league
2. Tougher division than the AFC North
3. Just as many injuries
4. Beat your candidate head to head convincingly.

It is not even close who is more worthy of being coach of the year when comparing Fisher and Tomlin...not even close.

AkronSteel
01-08-2009, 01:08 AM

I'll tell you why.

3. Just as many injuries

It is not even close who is more worthy of being coach of the year when comparing Fisher and Tomlin...not even close.

Is the AFC South really a better division than the AFC North? The North does still have two of the last eight teams playing.....just saying! I know the Browns and Bengals stink but I do think that the Steelers contribute to that!

agdci981
01-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Is the AFC South really a better division than the AFC North? The North does still have two of the last eight teams playing.....just saying! I know the Browns and Bengals stink but I do think that the Steelers contribute to that!
Colts were a higher seed than the Ravens, had a better record, and would have beaten the Dolphins just as the Ravens did. Colts just got unlucky with the way the seedings fell. And the Texans and Jaguars are both better teams than the Bengals and Browns.

Jom112
01-08-2009, 01:28 AM
I know the Browns and Bengals stink but I do think that the Steelers contribute to that!

No, we suck all on our own.

The AFC South is better than the AFC North. The Titans and Colts beating the Steelers and Ravens proves that. If the Ravens get revenge against the Titans this weekend then maybe not.

Captain Lemming
01-08-2009, 01:35 AM
4. Beat your candidate head to head convincingly. :Hater

Clearly you have decided to actually become a Card fan, following your favorite two coaches.

agdci981
01-08-2009, 01:37 AM
4. Beat your candidate head to head convincingly. :Hater

Clearly you have decided to actually become a Card fan, following your favorite two coaches.
So because I think Jeff Fisher's credentials (which I have laid out) are more impressive than Tomlin's I am a Cards' fan? LOL....good call.

AkronSteel
01-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Colts were a higher seed than the Ravens, had a better record, and would have beaten the Dolphins just as the Ravens did. Colts just got unlucky with the way the seedings fell. And the Texans and Jaguars are both better teams than the Bengals and Browns.

The Browns and Bengals did beat the Jaguars this year didn't they? I think the Jags were just as bad as those two teams this year if not worse. The Texans on the other hand are a team that is on the rise.....I will agree with you there.

Jooser
01-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Seriously, isn't Fisher the most tenured coach right now, as far as being with the same team? We'll see what his team's made of this weekend versus the Ratards, and if he wins, he'll be beaten up all to hell when we get there to play him. There's little doubt in anyone's mind we held back on defense in that meaningless game in week 16. Save your opinions against coach Tomlin until after that game. But, the fact of the matter is, we played one hell of a schedule and finished 12-4, and had one of the most dominating defensive performances that the NFL has ever seen. That in itself has my vote, not that I really need to justify it to a hater like you. Peace bro, I hope you like us better when we win another championship.......Joos

P.S. you're not really HHH are you? :lol:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-08-2009, 01:56 AM

He took a team that was supposed to finish 4-12 (according to certain internet experts) and finished 12-4. :lol:

As for Sparano, nice job but I'm not overly impressed. How many playoff teams did they beat this year? One.....the 8-8 SD Chargers.

agdci981
01-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Seriously, isn't Fisher the most tenured coach right now, as far as being with the same team? We'll see what his team's made of this weekend versus the Ratards, and if he wins, he'll be beaten up all to hell when we get there to play him. There's little doubt in anyone's mind we held back on defense in that meaningless game in week 16. Save your opinions against coach Tomlin until after that game. But, the fact of the matter is, we played one hell of a schedule and finished 12-4, and had one of the most dominating defensive performances that the NFL has ever seen. That in itself has my vote, not that I really need to justify it to a hater like you. Peace bro, I hope you like us better when we win another championship.......Joos

Do you think Ben should have won MVP this year? What about Sweed for Rookie of the Year? If you answered No to those questions then you are just as much a "hater" as me.

agdci981
01-08-2009, 02:00 AM
[quote=agdci981]Why does Tomlin deserve a vote other than because he is your favorite team's coach? Fisher got the top seed with less talent AND beat Tomlin head to head.

He took a team that was supposed to finish 4-12 (according to certain internet experts) and finished 12-4. :lol:

As for Sparano, nice job but I'm not overly impressed. How many playoff teams did they beat this year? One.....the 8-8 SD Chargers.[/quote:2lv0bxdk]
How many did the Steelers beat though? You people say this stuff but you dont understand how hypocritical it all sounds. Sparano only beat 1 playoff team. Steelers beat 2 and had more shots at them.

Steeler Shades
01-08-2009, 02:00 AM
There's little doubt in anyone's mind we held back on defense in that meaningless game in week 16.
There is considerable doubt in more than one persons mind. We may all hope that DL held back something, but there are valid arguments on both side of that issue. Just saying.... 8)

Jooser
01-08-2009, 02:53 AM

Do you think Ben should have won MVP this year? What about Sweed for Rookie of the Year? If you answered No to those questions then you are just as much a "hater" as me.

Seriously, you're on drugs or something. You're arguements are lame. Go be a Browns fan and quit ruining my life.

Jooser
01-08-2009, 02:57 AM
There's little doubt in anyone's mind we held back on defense in that meaningless game in week 16.
There is considerable doubt in more than one persons mind. We may all hope that DL held back something, but there are valid arguments on both side of that issue. Just saying.... 8)

Say all you want to, but that performance was quite contrary to any we've had all season. We had come down the stretch of some really difficult wins and pulled out second seed, and weren't gonna show any more of what was under the hood. Just sayin'.......VROOOOOOOOM! Now, it's playoff time! Just believe brother, it can happen.

agdci981
01-08-2009, 04:50 AM

Seriously, you're on drugs or something. You're arguements are lame. Go be a Browns fan and quit ruining my life.
I am on drugs because I am using your own stupid logic and ignoring stats and facts in saying Tomlin should be coach of the year? Alot of the writers and voters must have been on drugs then because as far as I know Tomlin wasnt even top three in votes for the award.

Flasteel
01-08-2009, 07:07 AM

I'll tell you why.

3. Just as many injuries

My candidate? Look, I clearly stated that I don't believe that Tomlin should be the coach of the year. As a matter of fact I think it should be Jeff Fisher as well. I'm just saying that as a Steeler fan, you shouldn't go out of your way to make a comment that you're not voting for your own coach when a case can be made for him.

You and others have a clear bias against him. I'm not sure why but he's done a damn fine job for us so far.

Discipline of Steel
01-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Plus, Tony Sparano, unlike Mike Tomlin, didn't inherit a team one year removed from the Super Bowl.

Look! Both of our pet trolls in one post.

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's the link so you don't have to go back to the first post.

Just vote baby! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Oh yeah, and after you vote you can refresh the page and vote again in this meaningless, fun, fan vote. :D

LasVegasGuy
01-08-2009, 01:53 PM

Whatever. You are going to deny a guy C.O.Y. honors for taking a 1-15 team to a division title because your a Tomlin homer? And you have the balls to call me a troll because I think the award should be given to the most deserving coach even if he doesn't wear black and gold? Being a homer is the exact reason why the Pro Bowl is a joke year after year and the NFL can't figure out why nobody watches it. Maybe because it is a big popularity contest and the true deserving guys don't make it because people vote for their most popular team player? Brett Favre? Jay Cutler? Jason Peters? Are you kidding me with these idiots.

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons won the AP Coach of the Year award. That is recognized as the "official" award. This is a meaningless, internet fan vote. Unlike the pro bowl, this doesn't count for anything.

But thanks for bumping...you reminded me to drop a few more votes for my man Tomlin!

Yes Sir! :tt2

Jigawatts
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM

How can you win in this league without great players such as Chucky Okobi and
Sean Morey?

Great coaching, that's how. :wink:

agdci981
01-08-2009, 05:52 PM

Sean Morey?

So you enjoyed Mahan's play last year? What did I ****ing tell you would happen?

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 07:05 PM

and you wondered why I said you are quick to defend other coaches?

Now don't get me wrong.. you make valid points.. but this is a Steeler board and at the beginning of the year EVERYONE said we would be 8-8. I bet if the Trib was still up I could find where you, vegas, rick and the other Tomlin naysayers said "if we go 12-4 with that sched Tomlin is coach of the year..." LOL!!!

and if the Colts were so good they would have beaten an 8-8 chargers team.

I actually think Miami or Atlanta should get it with their turnaround season but the Titans? Look at their OL, DL and RB's... everyone knew all they needed was a legit QB.

We will see if Collins has it in the playoffs.

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
My candidate? Look, I clearly stated that I don't believe that Tomlin should be the coach of the year. As a matter of fact I think it should be Jeff Fisher as well. I'm just saying that as a Steeler fan, you shouldn't go out of your way to make a comment that you're not voting for your own coach when a case can be made for him.

You and others have a clear bias against him. I'm not sure why but he's done a damn fine job for us so far.

if you have to explain all that can you really call him a fan? If anything he only cheers if he bets on the Steelers...

every player he likes is gone.... every coach he likes is gone... dude sounds like a kid who only wants to play with the toy he doesn't have. Real Steeler fans know we let players go and get over it.. he is a tool.

sorry adg but damn.. anyone new to the board would think you were a troll. go back and read the bashing you put on display.

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 07:11 PM

one year removed from the SB...LOL!! how many years before we stop hearing this...

Steelhere10
01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
why do you guys feed the trolls, it's obvious that they hate Tomlin for other reasons that i don't care to discuss. any real fan would be happy as H3LL if they had a coach to win 12 games his second year, and 22 total games his 1st 2 years. :Cheers

LasVegasGuy
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM

one year removed from the SB...LOL!! how many years before we stop hearing this...

Just stating he inherited a good team it wasn't like he was forced to coach the Raiders or Lions.

Jigawatts
01-08-2009, 08:25 PM

Sean Morey?

So you enjoyed Mahan's play last year?

No.

eniparadoxgma
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Sean Morey?

So you enjoyed Mahan's play last year? What did I bad word tell you would happen?

lmao Keep on trying to play that card, but most people are aware that Okobi was no better.

A different flavor of p00p is still p00p, mein freund, even if you have a man-crush on one of them.

*yawn*

eniparadoxgma
01-08-2009, 08:38 PM
...and btw, I voted 10 times for the coach of the team I follow.

12-4 with the "hardest schedule evarz!1111111" works for me.

Fisher? Who cares?

Jooser
01-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Just vote for your favorite team's coach and forget about it. D only wants what's best for Steelers Nation. God knows we get no love from the media, just freakin' vote!!!!! :?

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 11:28 PM

I told you :Agree I'm joking...

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Just stating he inherited a good team it wasn't like he was forced to coach the Raiders or Lions.

I think you are just trying to slight him... what you are implying is damn near anyone could coach the Steelers and be successful.

agdci981
01-09-2009, 02:49 AM

and you wondered why I said you are quick to defend other coaches?

Now don't get me wrong.. you make valid points.. but this is a Steeler board and at the beginning of the year EVERYONE said we would be 8-8. I bet if the Trib was still up I could find where you, vegas, rick and the other Tomlin naysayers said "if we go 12-4 with that sched Tomlin is coach of the year..." LOL!!!

and if the Colts were so good they would have beaten an 8-8 chargers team.

I actually think Miami or Atlanta should get it with their turnaround season but the Titans? Look at their OL, DL and RB's... everyone knew all they needed was a legit QB.

We will see if Collins has it in the playoffs.
Not everyone said 8-8. In fact, I said 9-7 and a AFC North title. And that was before the Browns and Bengals completely imploded and lost players after player after player (mostly Bengals in that regard) as I had us losing 2 division games I believe to each of those teams.
You do realize the Colts beat the STEELERS in pittsburgh this year, no? So in your mind, "if the steelers were so good they would have beaten a Colts team that couldn't even beat an 8-8 chargers team." :idea:

agdci981
01-09-2009, 02:51 AM
...and btw, I voted 10 times for the coach of the team I follow.

12-4 with the "hardest schedule evarz!1111111" works for me.

Fisher? Who cares?
You very well should care about Jeff Fisher right now. He has home field throughout the playoffs in your favorite team's conference. 9 days from now the Steelers couldbe traveling there.

stlrz d
01-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Don't forget to vote.

BDESteel
01-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Don't forget to vote.

Lol... That's funny, yes sir. :)

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out to anyone who's ever said Tomlin doesn't get excited or in his players faces during the game. Did you see the video on this guy?
He interupted one of the coaches (Zierlein I think) while he was speaking to the O-line and told those guys to get thier heads up, look thier man in the eye and make a play, with much conviction.

Let's just put the whole no emotion from Tomlin thing to bed right now.... Oh yeah and Don't forget to vote (for Mike T) yes sir!

stlrz d
01-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Don't forget to vote.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out to anyone who's ever said Tomlin doesn't get excited or in his players faces during the game. Did you see the video on this guy?
He interupted one of the coaches (Zierlein I think) while he was speaking to the O-line and told those guys to get thier heads up, look thier man in the eye and make a play, with much conviction.

Let's just put the whole no emotion from Tomlin thing to bed right now.... Oh yeah and Don't forget to vote (for Mike T) yes sir!

Thanks for bumping...I voted a bunch more!

flippy
01-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Coach of the year should be playing in Feb.

Jooser
01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
WOOOOOOOOOO!

Voted 10 More Times!!!

YES SIR!!!!

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3002/79760869eq8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

SteelTorch
01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
He is far from being under my skin these days. However, that can all change if we don't win at least one playoff and Bruce Arians isn't fired.
Weren't you supposed to be gone for good? :Blah

By the way, the team Tomlin inherited was NOT the same as the team that won the Superbowl. You could argue he improved the team because it went 8-8 the season before he took over. So do us all a favor and pull your head out of your arse. Or leave.

LasVegasGuy
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Weren't you supposed to be gone for good? :Blah

By the way, the team Tomlin inherited was NOT the same as the team that won the Superbowl. You could argue he improved the team because it went 8-8 the season before he took over. So do us all a favor and pull your head out of your arse. Or leave.

Keep telling yourself that the Steelers were no better then an 8-8 team in 2006. Tone it down all you want but in reality the team underachieved in Cowhers last year so yes Mike inherited a Super Bowl team along with a future hall of fame defensive coach in Lebeau. Not a bad job to walk into in my opinion.

feltdizz
01-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Don't forget to vote.

have you seen the clip where Tomlin ask Woodley when he was going to get a sack?
Tomlin yelling...."Look who finally decided to show up fashionably late to the sack party!!! It's about time.. "

Steeler Mafia
01-09-2009, 03:17 PM
"Too much drama in here. Best stay indoors today. More Drama, Drama-mine, Dram-buie"

By the way....I voted for Mike T too.

20 Times !!!! :stirpot :tt2 :Boobs :tt2

Iron Shiek
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
"Too much drama in here. Best stay indoors today. More Drama, Drama-mine, Dram-buie"

By the way....I voted for Mike T too.

20 Times !!!! :stirpot :tt2 :Boobs :tt2

I chimed in with about 20 or 30 myself.... :tt2 :Steel

BDESteel
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM

Don't forget to vote.

Haven't seen it, can u provide a link?

have you seen the clip where Tomlin ask Woodley when he was going to get a sack?
Tomlin yelling...."Look who finally decided to show up fashionably late to the sack party!!! It's about time.. "

stlrz d
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM

More votes...Yes Sir! :tt2

Ezekiel 25:17
01-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Click below and vote!!!

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is a nominee for the 2008 Motorola NFL Coach of the Year award, the NFL announced today.

Fans can vote on NFL.com for the head coach whose game planning played the greatest role in his teamís success this season. Voting will take place through 6:00pm EST on Wednesday, January 21 to determine the 2008 Motorola NFL Coach of the Year. The winner will be announced at a press conference in Tampa Bay during the week leading up to Super Bowl XLIII.

∑ MIKE TOMLIN continues to rewrite the record books in Pittsburgh becoming the only head coach in Steelersí history to win division titles in his first two seasons as he established a franchise record with 22 wins in that time. The Steelers secured the second seed in the AFC, captured the AFC North Division title for the second year in a row, and posted a 6-0 record within their division as part of their 12-4 record. Under Tomlinís leadership, the Steelers led the NFL in total defense, pass defense, scoring defense and finished second in rush defense. The defense was bolstered by the teamís 51 sacks, including James Harrisonís team-record 16. The Steelers offense included QB Ben Roethlisbergerís air attack passing for 3,301 yards and 17 touchdowns. Tomlin was nominated for three Motorola NFL Coach of the Week awards, winning all three.

feltdizz
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
no way, it's fischer...ooooooooooooooops

stlrz d
01-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Sure you wanna start this again?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4269 (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4269)

:lol:

stlrz d
01-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Vote vote vote!

Yes Sir!

:tt2

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-13-2009, 02:34 PM
agdci981

Because Tomlin's team is STILL playing!

feltdizz
01-13-2009, 02:35 PM
agdci981

Because Tomlin's team is STILL playing!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
01-13-2009, 10:57 PM
bump

eniparadoxgma
01-13-2009, 11:21 PM
no way, it's fischer...ooooooooooooooops

hahahahaha

stlrz d
01-13-2009, 11:33 PM
bump