PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones gone

Djfan
01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80df400a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Cowboys cut ties with CB Jones after one season

Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Cornerback Adam Jones was released Wednesday by the Dallas Cowboys following a season in which he was suspended six games for an off-field incident.

The transaction will not become official until Feb. 9, the first day NFL teams can make waiver requests.

"He was surprised, and I think he was obviously somewhat hurt," said Worrick Robinson, Jones' agent. "At the same time, he understands the business behind what is happening here."

The Cowboys traded for Jones during the offseason even though he had been suspended for the entire 2007 season because of a series of off-field incidents.

Jones missed six games this season for violating the league's player conduct policy after an Oct. 7 scuffle with a team bodyguard at a Dallas hotel. He missed a seventh game with an injury.

Jones averaged just 4.6 yards per punt return and had no interceptions.

Robinson said he did not think Jones' suspension was a factor in the Cowboys' decision to release the cornerback.

"We don't have any reason to believe at this point that that off-the-field incident had anything to do with the team's decision today," Robinson said. "I know there was certainly a lot of bad that came out of that situation, but there was some good that came out of that situation as well."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

buh-bye.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Can he play center?

(for old times' sake)

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Can he play center?

(for old times' sake)

:D :D :D :D

Why Pac Man and not Hines? :lol:

Herewegosteelers!
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
He shouldn't have even played this season. I'm sure that's where Michael Vick will end up, with the Cryboys as backup quarterback.

stlrz d
01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
On NFLN they reported there is a rumor he's tied to another shooting that took place a few months after that bouncer was paralyzed.

Discipline of Steel
01-08-2009, 08:40 AM
I expect that was the last chance that just disappeared for one of the NFL's All-Time Idiots.

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 10:58 AM
On NFLN they reported there is a rumor he's tied to another shooting that took place a few months after that bouncer was paralyzed.

Sure enough, the story is going to be on "Outside The Lines" on ESPN this Sunday. Apparently Pacman "godfather" Jones ordered a shooting in Atlanta. They're saying JJ got wind of the story and cut ties.

frankthetank1
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1uy3nbyo]On NFLN they reported there is a rumor he's tied to another shooting that took place a few months after that bouncer was paralyzed.

Sure enough, the story is going to be on "Outside The Lines" on ESPN this Sunday. Apparently Pacman "godfather" Jones ordered a shooting in Atlanta. They're saying JJ got wind of the story and cut ties.[/quote:1uy3nbyo]

i heard the same thing from my mom who lives in dallas. pacman thinks he is luca brassi for some reason. what a clown

mshifko
01-08-2009, 04:44 PM
pac isn't even that good of a corner...he's troubled, please get this guy out of the NFL...i think there is another CB who cannot break into the NFL that has just as much talent as pac, so let someone else get a shot at a dream job...pac blew it

Mel Blount's G
01-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Soon to find a welcome home and fit on the bungles or felons squad. Punkman would be a great influence on Chris Henry

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
He's done for good this time, imo.

feltdizz
01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
what a joke... Dallas has to hire a body guard for him.. and he gets in a fight with the body guard..

yet an undisclosed incident is what turns them off? Pure bull&^%$