PDA

View Full Version : Browns hired Mangina

BigRob
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
LOl

SidSmythe
01-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Just saw it on ESPN.com

He's a better coach than Romeo, but these team needs someone w/ high energy to turn things around. If i'm looking for a head coach, i'm not looking towards Mangini.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
My favorite part is this:

"During his interview, Mangini identified Baltimore player personnel director George Kokinis as his preference as GM. Kokinis is expected to interview with Lerner on Sunday."

The Cleveland Steamers fired a former defensive coordinator from the Bill Belichick coaching tree in New England (Crennel) and a former personnel guy from Ozzie Newsome's front office staff in Baltimore (Savage) in order to hire another former defensive coordinator from the Bill Belichick coaching tree in New England (Mangini) and another former personnel guy from Ozzie Newsome's front office staff in Baltimore (Kokinis).

Einstein once said that “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Apparently, Lerner is no Einstein.

:brownssuck :brownssuck :brownssuck :lol: :lol: :lol:

Djfan
01-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Apparently, Lerner is no Einstein.

Good!

buckeyehoppy
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Everyone in Cleveland is mentioning how Mangina got over on the Steelers last year when the Jets beat us.

Very well. John Cooper also beat MeatChicken before he got to tOSU. I'm foggy on the recollection, but I seem to recall that he didn't do so well against Ann Arbor CC once he got to Columbus.

RKSteel
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
All this means for the Steelers in two more wins in the books each year. :Cheers

Sugar
01-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Wow, my condolences to the Mangini family. :brownssuck

SidSmythe
01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow, my condolences to the Mangini family. :brownssuck

:D :D :brownssuck

AkronSteel
01-07-2009, 10:36 PM
This is not a good move! I don't mind because I like having the bragging rights around here. Mangini is the same as the guy they just let go. In my opinion, it wasn't Crennel this year as much as Savage. Savage was the one who chose to go out and spend big bucks on FA's every year and not build his team through the draft. Savage chose the 53 and Crennel coached em........you can only accomplish so much when your hands are tied. As far as I can see from that situation it was hard for Crennel to turn chicken s**t into chicken salad. Either way.........

:brownssuck

and it doesn't look like it is going to change anytime soon!

MeetJoeGreene
01-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Mangina and Quinn.

Sounds like a bad detective show on Logo.

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Everyone in Cleveland is mentioning how Mangina got over on the Steelers last year when the Jets beat us.

Very well. John Cooper also beat MeatChicken before he got to tOSU. I'm foggy on the recollection, but I seem to recall that he didn't do so well against Ann Arbor CC once he got to Columbus.

I'll help to refresh your memory:

34-31
28-18
16-13
31-3
28-0 :lol:

Seriously, I doubt this'll help the Clowns one bit. But we can let them think that it will, hahaha.

Jooser
01-08-2009, 01:30 AM
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9104/09000d5d804157c0gallerygn7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Just another shot to the Clowns. Damn, no wonder my uncle's an alcoholic!

buckeyehoppy
01-08-2009, 01:44 AM

I'll help to refresh your memory:

34-31
28-18
16-13
31-3
28-0 :lol:

Seriously, I doubt this'll help the Clowns one bit. But we can let them think that it will, hahaha.

The funniest thing about this, CSF, is that Jimmy T still needs to win like five more in a row to bring tOSU back to level. The Bucks still have work to do to undo John Pooper v. TSUN.

Back to the topic, the Muttgenius is now part of the terminal affliction known as Clowns Disease. Once you get it, you become a dipsh!t and a :loser for life. Sux to be him. The only guy that's worse off is the dildo they con into being the GM.

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 10:05 AM
My favorite part is this:

"During his interview, Mangini identified Baltimore player personnel director George Kokinis as his preference as GM. Kokinis is expected to interview with Lerner on Sunday."

The Cleveland Steamers fired a former defensive coordinator from the Bill Belichick coaching tree in New England (Crennel) and a former personnel guy from Ozzie Newsome's front office staff in Baltimore (Savage) in order to hire another former defensive coordinator from the Bill Belichick coaching tree in New England (Mangini) and another former personnel guy from Ozzie Newsome's front office staff in Baltimore (Kokinis).

Einstein once said that “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Apparently, Lerner is no Einstein.

:brownssuck :brownssuck :brownssuck :lol: :lol: :lol:

No crap Ruthless. This just gets funnier by the minute. I thought it was funny enough alone that they were just pursuing yet another former DCOR from Pats...but the Kokinis thing is just uncanny. I can't stop laughing about it. Just think, in about 2 years, Kokinis will be firing off expletive laced emails to fans and Mangina will be hanging on by a thread...you really can't make this stuff up...hilarious. :brownssuck

Gosh I'm so glad they didn't get Pioli.

NorCal-Steeler
01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
I thought i saw they are interested in hiring Def cordinator Ryan from Oakland. Being from Cali this guy worries me, he has been the only bright spot on the Raiders for years.

Oviedo
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
All this means is that like last year the Stains fans will be filled with false bravado and hope only to meet the cold hard reality that they are an average team with no QB, no real WRs and no defense when they actually start to play games. They are still years away from seriously challenging the Steelers or Ravens.

They may become more competitive but there is no AFC North title in their future anytime soon. Ditto for the Bumgals.

frankthetank1
01-08-2009, 10:58 AM
so the browns hire a coach from the same coaching tree as crennel. brilliant!! thats the browns for you. i cant wait to watch the steelers pound mangina next season. hey that sounds pretty dirty :lol: :lol:

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Apparently the rumors are that Rob Ryan (Raider DCOR) is going to be his DCOR. Sweet bring another Ryan to the North and pound his defense too. And some offensive position coach from the Jets (not Brian Schottenheimer) is reportedly in line for the OC.

Mangina returns to where he got his start...as a ball boy. Yup, he was a ball boy and trainer guy for Belicheck in 94. So the Browns probably got a deal. Free ball boy with purchase of coach.

flippy
01-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Will some Steeler fan carry an Eric has a Mangina poster to the next Browns game? It'd be especially funny if it's in Cleveland.

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 12:37 PM
If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 01:13 PM
If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

I'm laughing as hard as your avatar appears to be.

One thing I didn't consider (and the people on radio just mentioned) when I stated a few posts back that Rob Ryan is probably going to be DCor...Asamougha... Dam Raiders better keep him. Clowns will open up the checkbook for him and he is likely to follow Ryan. As much as I want him, we all know we aren't paying for him....don't want him in our division...

stlrz d
01-08-2009, 01:17 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1mq6ed49]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

One thing I didn't consider (and the people on radio just mentioned) when I stated a few posts back that Rob Ryan is probably going to be DCor...Asamougha... Dam Raiders better keep him. Clowns will open up the checkbook for him and he is likely to follow Ryan. As much as I want him, we all know we aren't paying for him....don't want him in our division...[/quote:1mq6ed49]

Glad to be of service! :D

I don't know the Browns cap situation, but didn't they drop a lot of coin last offseason?

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":32gn025n][quote="stlrz d":32gn025n]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

One thing I didn't consider (and the people on radio just mentioned) when I stated a few posts back that Rob Ryan is probably going to be DCor...Asamougha... Dam Raiders better keep him. Clowns will open up the checkbook for him and he is likely to follow Ryan. As much as I want him, we all know we aren't paying for him....don't want him in our division...[/quote:32gn025n]

Glad to be of service! :D

I don't know the Browns cap situation, but didn't they drop a lot of coin last offseason?[/quote:32gn025n]

I think they will be cleaning house though too...Winslow? Couple other older veterans likely coming off books. But you are right, they did drop some loot last couple years...plus paying two qbs starting money is genius.

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2009, 01:27 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3u8w2wqq]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

One thing I didn't consider (and the people on radio just mentioned) when I stated a few posts back that Rob Ryan is probably going to be DCor...Asamougha... Dam Raiders better keep him. Clowns will open up the checkbook for him and he is likely to follow Ryan. As much as I want him, we all know we aren't paying for him....don't want him in our division...[/quote:3u8w2wqq]

Asomugha wants to leave the Raiders because they are a dysfunctional, losing organization. Cleveland is also a dysfunctional, losing organization. Two guys I would break the bank for would be Asomugha (just seems like he is a Steeler type guy and our defense would be near unstoppable with Nnamdi, Ike, Troy, and Clark patrolling the secondary behind our dominant front 7) and Jordan Gross (a more pressing need since getting a Pro Bowl LT in his prime would go a long way toward rebuilding our biggest weakness along the o-line). Both were franchised last year. I'm not sure if Al Davis can afford to franchise Asomugha again under the cap after tossing around insane signing bonuses last season to chumps like Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall, Tommy Kelly, and Gibril Wilson. Carolina will likely use its franchise tag on Julius Peppers this year instead.

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 01:29 PM
[quote="stlrz d":c6movpib]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

One thing I didn't consider (and the people on radio just mentioned) when I stated a few posts back that Rob Ryan is probably going to be DCor...Asamougha... Dam Raiders better keep him. Clowns will open up the checkbook for him and he is likely to follow Ryan. As much as I want him, we all know we aren't paying for him....don't want him in our division...

Asomugha wants to leave the Raiders because they are a dysfunctional, losing organization. Cleveland is also a dysfunctional, losing organization. Two guys I would break the bank for would be Asomugha (just seems like he is a Steeler type guy and our defense would be near unstoppable with Nnamdi, Ike, Troy, and Clark patrolling the secondary behind our dominant front 7) and Jordan Gross (a more pressing need since getting a Pro Bowl LT in his prime would go a long way toward rebuilding our biggest weakness along the o-line). Both were franchised last year. I'm not sure if Al Davis can afford to franchise Asomugha again under the cap after tossing around insane signing bonuses last season to chumps like Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall, Tommy Kelly, and Gibril Wilson. Carolina will likely use its franchise tag on Julius Peppers this year instead.[/quote:c6movpib]

.....So you're saying there's a chance.....{fistpump}....{whispers}yessss

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2009, 01:35 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":38p0uwrl][quote="stlrz d":38p0uwrl]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

Asomugha wants to leave the Raiders because they are a dysfunctional, losing organization. Cleveland is also a dysfunctional, losing organization. Two guys I would break the bank for would be Asomugha (just seems like he is a Steeler type guy and our defense would be near unstoppable with Nnamdi, Ike, Troy, and Clark patrolling the secondary behind our dominant front 7) and Jordan Gross (a more pressing need since getting a Pro Bowl LT in his prime would go a long way toward rebuilding our biggest weakness along the o-line). Both were franchised last year. I'm not sure if Al Davis can afford to franchise Asomugha again under the cap after tossing around insane signing bonuses last season to chumps like Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall, Tommy Kelly, and Gibril Wilson. Carolina will likely use its franchise tag on Julius Peppers this year instead.[/quote:38p0uwrl]

.....So you're saying there's a chance.....{fistpump}....{whispers}yessss[/quote:38p0uwrl]

Colbert: What are the chances of a guy like you and a team like mine... ending up together?
Asomugha: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
Colbert: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Nnamdi. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Asomugha: Not good.
Colbert: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Asomugha: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Colbert: So you're telling me there's a chance!

:lol:

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 01:37 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2rx511zt][quote="stlrz d":2rx511zt]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

Asomugha wants to leave the Raiders because they are a dysfunctional, losing organization. Cleveland is also a dysfunctional, losing organization. Two guys I would break the bank for would be Asomugha (just seems like he is a Steeler type guy and our defense would be near unstoppable with Nnamdi, Ike, Troy, and Clark patrolling the secondary behind our dominant front 7) and Jordan Gross (a more pressing need since getting a Pro Bowl LT in his prime would go a long way toward rebuilding our biggest weakness along the o-line). Both were franchised last year. I'm not sure if Al Davis can afford to franchise Asomugha again under the cap after tossing around insane signing bonuses last season to chumps like Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall, Tommy Kelly, and Gibril Wilson. Carolina will likely use its franchise tag on Julius Peppers this year instead.

.....So you're saying there's a chance.....{fistpump}....{whispers}yessss[/quote:2rx511zt]

Colbert: What are the chances of a guy like you and a team like mine... ending up together?
Colbert: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Nnamdi. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
[pause]

:lol:[/quote:2rx511zt]

Way to bail me out ruthless...exactly what I had in mind..

Even better are these gems...nothing to do with this thread by the way:

Lloyd: That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?
Lady at bus stop: Austria.
Lloyd: Austria! Well, then. G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!
Lady at bus stop: Let's not.

Harry: One time, we successfully mated a bulldog with a Shih-Tzu.
Mary: Really? That's strange.
Harry: Yeah, we called it a bull****.

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":3hualpkp][quote="stlrz d":3hualpkp]If he fares against us as poorly as his predecessor would it be safe to say we are the "Sand in the Mangina"?

.....So you're saying there's a chance.....{fistpump}....{whispers}yessss[/quote:3hualpkp]

[pause]

:lol:[/quote:3hualpkp]

Actually, seeing your movie quote/steeler situation gives me and idea. Much like the other timekillers we create, in the offseason we could do what you just did with other NFL situations. Find movie quotes but alter them to dumb/funny/odd situations going on in the NFL. Like:

Mangina: So you got fired again, eh?
Crennel: Oh yeah. They always freak out when you lose to the Steelers twice a year for several years in a row.
Mangina: Yeah, well, I lost my job too.
Crennel: Man, you are one pathetic loser. No offense.
Mangina: No, none taken. You know what really chaps my a$s though? I spent my life savings trying to learn everything about Cheating from Belicheck. The camera alone cost me two hundred.
Crennel: Hey, fans love it. Its the freakin' cheatin'.

Iron Shiek
01-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Wait...I just have one more...I couldn't resist:

Belicheat: Where did you get Randy Moss?
Kraft: I bought him when we filled up.
Belicheat: We are supposed to talk about all expenditures Bob; we are on a very tight budget.
Kraft: This didn't come out of our travel fund.
Belicheat: Oh.
Kraft: Yeah, I was able to raise 25 extra bucks before we left.
Belicheat: Where did you get 25 extra bucks?
Kraft: I sold some stuff, to Al in Oakland.
Belicheat: The blind, scenile kid?
Kraft: Yeah, ha ha! Yeah.
Belicheat: What did you sell him Bob?
Kraft: Stuff.
Belicheat: What kinda stuff?
Kraft: I don't know, a few baseball cards, a sack of marbles,
[cough]
Kraft: Petey.
Belicheat: Petey? You sold my dead bird to a blind, scenile kid? Bob! Petey didn't even have a head!
Kraft: Bill, I took care of it...
Al Davis: Pretty bird, yeah, can you say pretty bird? Pretty bird, yeah pretty bird... Polly want a cracker?

proudpittsburgher
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Best part of the presser was when the reporter asked him if he would consider going to the 4-3 defense because of their personel, and he very blankly stared at him and said, no. I was waiting for an explanation, but he came back and said all of the reasons why he liked the 3-4. Never mind what kind of personel you have on defense. No, he is a genius, and thinks that no matter what shape the peg is, it's going to fit in the round hole, because he wants it to. That's why I like a guy like Tomlin. Comes from a defensive background, never ran the 3-4, but is willing to do whatever need be to get the team to win. Mangenius will thinks he will change it.

Not to mention that Cleveland just doesn't get it. A tougher coach, who just toughens up his team, will account for at least a couple more wins during the year, but they go aftre the finesse guy to beat out two of the toughest defenses in the league. Good luck with that. There is a reason why some franchises are doormats, and some are always in the hunt. Thanks the heavens for Cleveland and cincy in the division.

mshifko
01-08-2009, 03:42 PM
i'm so glad they hired him :lol:

he's another crennel