PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS vs Bolts II...

JDSteeler
01-07-2009, 01:16 AM
...and here goes.

I will start with the negative issues with the Bolts, first.

The Bolts are a .500 team, and darn lucky to be that good. The fact
that they got in, is due to the major gag-job by the Horsies. They are
representing the AFC West, the 2nd-worst Division in the NFL, right behind,
and I mean right behind the worst Division, the NFC West. At one time
the Bolts were a Charger-ific 1-5 on the road, and finished 3-5 by beating
the Chiefs and Bucs. The only other victory was vs the All-World Raiders!

The Bolts played a tough game vs the Steelers in Nov, and almost pulled it
out with help from the Zebras and a 13-2 difference in penalties-called. But
basically, they laid an egg. Rivers had a passer rating of 44.0, with 2 int's.
They had a total of 218 yards, and scored all of 10 points.

They enter the up-coming Divisional game at Pittsburgh after having beaten
the Colts at home. The Colts were considered the hottest team in the league.
To me, it was quite evident that the Colts were nothing more than smoke
and mirrors, and with help from the Refs, were able to win 9 straight. Besides
that the Colts had no running game, and the Wayne/Harrison duo just wasn't
as effective this time around. The Bolts had a hard time at home scoring points
on a Colts D that is no where in the vicinity to that of the Steelers, and not
even on the same continent on the road or on a grass surface.

The Bolts now have to make that cross-country trip to Pittsburgh once again.
However, they come into this game, a little worse off than before. LT is probably
out with a groin injury, and Gates is battling an ankle. To make matters worse,
their leading WR Vincent Jackson just got popped for a 2nd DUI, while on probation.
Sproles who had a great game vs the Colts not only is banged up himself,
but the Steelers now have film on him, and he will NOT have that type of
game vs our front 7.

The Steelers have been well rested, but are no way over-looking this opponent
in any way. The Steelers finally are healthy at all starting positions, including
Big Ben!

Positves for SD....

Nothing unless they get hungry and are close by a Primanti Bros Restaurant!

Froooooooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers win 27-7!

NW Steeler
01-07-2009, 02:01 AM
NICE!! I like the way you think!! :tt1

skyhawk
01-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Dude. Sweet! :tt1

Oviedo
01-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm thinking 23-13 Steelers win.

This game will be all about turnovers and Big Ben. I hope he leaves his three little friends interception, fumble and sack at home. Don't get too over confident because if we have the turnovers & sacks we have had too many times this season we could easily lose this game.

RKSteel
01-07-2009, 09:26 AM
JD's right, the Chargers are going down. Half of their 8 wins came against KC and Oak, they lost to 3 of 4 teams from the NFC South.

I sick of reading how they are the hottest team, well its a good thing its going to be cold in Pittsburgh Sunday cause the Chargers are going to get pounded by the Steelers.

I'd be surprised if the chargers score more than 7 this weekend.

:tt2 Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go! :tt2

JDSteeler
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking 23-13 Steelers win.

This game will be all about turnovers and Big Ben. I hope he leaves his three little friends interception, fumble and sack at home. Don't get too over confident because if we have the turnovers & sacks we have had too many times this season we could easily lose this game.

That's what the Playoffs are about...which teams turn it over, and which teams
take it away.

I'm not too over-confident, and neither are the Steelers.

One thing is for sure, the Steelers Offense just may surprise you. I
would like the Steelers, to send an early message to the Bolts, by
scoring a TD with their first possession! And go from there!

The Playoffs are here, and there is no tomorrow, if they lose. Because of
this, I believe the Steelers Offense will be very sharp, and firing on most
cylinders if not all of them. I believe that FWP/MM will be a two-headed
monster, and if I am correct, Big Ben will be better for it. My prediction
for Ben from two weeks ago didn't work out, but it does this time
around. Ben goes 18/20-25 for 240 yrds, 2 TD's and 0 int's. Ben steps
up in the clutch, and the offense will start to PEEK at the right time.
The Steelers, on both sides of the ball, will be devastatingly physical
this week, and after the OT game that SD had, they won't last physically
for 4 quarters.

Let me put it this way, if the game doesn't resemble my predictions, I will
be very disappointed. Especially, since we all have aspirations of making and
winning the SB. To do that, they have to beat a .500 team coming from the
2nd most pitiful division in the league.

The only chance that SD has is to get an early lead. If the Steelers get
a lead, the defense will dominate, and eventually SD will be physically outmatched
by the 4th qtr, if not sooner.

Frooooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I am really gonna enjoy beating them this time around, as 1995, was a
difficult loss for me and I've been waiting for some payback. 14 years to the
day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Bang on wrt the Chargers. They only got in for the same reasons that the Cards made the playoffs - because each division must send a team to the post season. Not only that, but they got a home game against an overrated team.

Three teams sit as the class of the AFC. Luckilly two of them face off against each other first before we should have a shot at the winner. Both potential opponents worry me, SD does not. This game is ours to win.

Oviedo
01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope all the optimism is well founded and the results show that Sunday night.

I'm not totally ready to start talking about the draft yet. Maybe in another month :D

NorCal-Steeler
01-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I think we will beat them soundly either way but does anyone have a weather forcast for the game?

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I think we will beat them soundly either way but does anyone have a weather forcast for the game?

Reports say only a 10% chance of precipitation, but the high on Sunday should be only in the mid-20's. They will be coming from a place with temps in the high-60's, so the cold should be a shock to their systems somewhat.

pittpete
01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Chance of Snow
20% chance of precipitation

JDSteeler
01-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Mostly Cloudy and 21 degrees for the high. Maybe a Snow Shower.

But I'm not sure how windy it will be....?

JD

Oviedo
01-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Mostly Cloudy and 21 degrees for the high. Maybe a Snow Shower.

But I'm not sure how windy it will be....?

JD

From Accuweather:
High: 28
Low: 26
Winds: SW at 14mph (I think this would be coming right into the open end of the stadium)
Wind Gusts: 22 mph

Chachi
01-07-2009, 12:18 PM
[youtube:240q2p97]57rxhQXwRfg[/youtube:240q2p97]

And for the weather forecast.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lmqkk9.jpg

steeld95
01-07-2009, 12:25 PM
[/quote]

From Accuweather:
High: 28
Low: 26
Winds: SW at 14mph (I think this would be coming right into the open end of the stadium)
Wind Gusts: 22 mph[/quote]

Nice!!! Hit sproles a couple time in the cold and hard ground...he will not be the same!! Same with Rivers.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
[youtube:2agl75s5]57rxhQXwRfg[/youtube:2agl75s5]

And for the weather forecast.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/2lmqkk9.jpg

If you think Electric Boogaloo is bad, nothing can top the official San Diego Super Chargers fight song. They actually play this song in their stadium. Really. No, I'm serious.

[youtube:2agl75s5]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-76TCw-6hK0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-76TCw-6hK0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2agl75s5]

buckeyehoppy
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
This game will resemble what Steelers v. LightningDolts I should have resembled:

Steelers 27, LightningDolts 3

Hard to imagine anyone kicking field goals in 22 MPH winds with an air temp of 20ish. But both kickers are decent and probably will have one or two each, thus the prediction.

Steelers D scores a TD and may well set up a red zone for the O with another turnover.

Look for Ben to shake off the cobwebs and have a decent game. Same goes for the running game in general. Considering how they ran the first time out, they should plan on a heavy ground game to work with the predicted blustery conditions.

stlrz d
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
20-13 Steelers.

Sugar
01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
I still remember 1995 and how we were prohibitive favorites then too. My brother was stationed in the SD and he even told me that the general mood there was that the Chargers would lose.

The rationale for this post makes great sense on paper (on chatboard?), but this is why they play the games. :tt2

Mick'sTeam
01-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure why people are making a big deal about the weather for this game. When we played them earlier this year it was cold and snowy, and we won by a point. I wish I had the confidence that some of you have. To be honest, I'm worried about this game (which is typical, I'm nervous about all of them). Sure, penalties were a major factor in the first game, and our offense was worthless, but I don't see any reason to automatically assume that won't happen again. I hope it doesn't, but we always seem to get penalized more than the opponent, and our offense has been terrible all season. I hope some of you are right, but I have a hard time thinking the offense will just get it all together just because it is playoff time.

Here's to hoping you are all right and I'm worried for no reason. Cheers!

JDSteeler
01-08-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure why people are making a big deal about the weather for this game. When we played them earlier this year it was cold and snowy, and we won by a point. I wish I had the confidence that some of you have. To be honest, I'm worried about this game (which is typical, I'm nervous about all of them). Sure, penalties were a major factor in the first game, and our offense was worthless, but I don't see any reason to automatically assume that won't happen again. I hope it doesn't, but we always seem to get penalized more than the opponent, and our offense has been terrible all season. I hope some of you are right, but I have a hard time thinking the offense will just get it all together just because it is playoff time.

Here's to hoping you are all right and I'm worried for no reason. Cheers!

I wholly disagree with this statement, as not only have the Steelers had their
share of injuries, but they had the most difficult schedule in 25 years, per Peter
King.

What I would say is, that they have persevered through a very tough stretch of
high quality defenses, and have found a way to WIN 12 games.

The Steelers are not the team from last season that lost 4 of 5, and had multiple
injuries to key starter on both sides of the ball.

This team is completely healthy, for the first time this season, and has won 6 of
7 games.

I agree, some of those games, I was ticked off. But in the end, when it counted,
the offense came to play, and got it done.

I do anticipate the Steelers playing really angry in this game, because quite
frankly, they ain't getting any respect.

Mark it down!!!

JD

AkronSteel
01-08-2009, 12:39 AM
I see a blowout! I don't think the Chargers are going to come to Pittsburgh and get it done at all. Everyone says they are a hot team...and I guess I have to agree but I think they are also a tired football team. Sproles is a good little change of pace back but he is not going to be able to handle all the punishment he is going to take from the Steelers D. This team had a week to refresh the fuel tank and it will show. The offense will put together a solid performance but nothing spectacular.....I wish I could say otherwise but I've watched this offense all year, it is what it is! The D will help with field position early on and set the offense up with some short fields.

Steelers 31
Chargers 10

:tt1