PDA

View Full Version : fun question ! which DO or DIE game hurt you the most?

Steelhere10
01-06-2009, 06:12 PM
1. lose the game that put you in the playoffs 2. lose first playoff game 3. lose afc chapionship game or 4. lose the Super Bowl

Steelhere10
01-06-2009, 06:15 PM
oh btw for me , i think the AFC Chapionship hurt me more , because you have to listen to other team fans talk sh!+ and then you have to go and watch the Super Bowl.

flippy
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
#1 - the fewest number of games. i always just want one more game. i'd rather make the next game and lose it as opposed to not making the next game.

Steeler Shades
01-06-2009, 06:21 PM
# 2. Lose the first playoff game.
Makes me think we were just lucky to get to the playoffs and didn't have the talent to compete. 8)

mshifko
01-06-2009, 06:33 PM
#1...to think what could have happened in the playoffs...always want a chance to see us compete in jan.

stlrz d
01-06-2009, 06:40 PM
What's so fun about this question?

mshifko
01-06-2009, 06:48 PM
:lol: :lol:

Chadman
01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
AFC Championship game...so close...

SteelerNation1
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
NO DOUBT...AFC Championship game. I've been to three of them and left crushed each time. There is no sting like that. Like Chadman said, so close, yet so far. 2 out of the three times, I was going to go to the Super Bowl too. Talk about sucking...thank goodness 2005 came, cuz I don't know how much more I could've taken.

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2009, 07:31 PM
1. lose the game that put you in the playoffs 2. lose first playoff game 3. lose afc chapionship game or 4. lose the Super Bowl

You have to give an option "0" as well as a few negative numbers to document the levels of losing associated with fans of the Browns and Lions. I think they all forgot that any of the options about "1" even existed.

ghettoscott
01-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Super Bowl....95 still makes me sick...i REFUSE to watch any of the footage. Going to the big dance then at the end of the night some other dude takes your chick home for sexy time while you think of what could have been...

now i am sad. :?

Steelhere10
01-06-2009, 10:44 PM
What's so fun about this question?just hoping that this year i wont have to answer that for ya. :nono

buckeyehoppy
01-06-2009, 11:23 PM
NO DOUBT...AFC Championship game. I've been to three of them and left crushed each time. There is no sting like that. Like Chadman said, so close, yet so far. 2 out of the three times, I was going to go to the Super Bowl too. Talk about sucking...thank goodness 2005 came, cuz I don't know how much more I could've taken.

My vote is for AFCCG, too. 2005 was a fabulous ride and a wholesale vindication of all the years we didn't get there because we fought off our backs to get the fall (to use a wrestling cliche).

We won't see the same vibe until this year's AFCCG. But when we win Sunday, one of the following scenarios will play out:

1) It will be nice to knock out the Rattards for the third time, just like the Steelers did to the Earlers (twice) in the 70s.

2) It will be nice to get revenge against the Titans on their HF to get to their 7th SB.

3) Ditto #2 except to insert the Gints or the Beagles to WIN the Lombardi #6.

4) It will be nice to win Lombardi #6 v. the Cards to validate choosing MT over Whis.

5) It will be nice to win Lombardi #6 v. the Panthers...just because!!!

Any way you slice it, from where I stand, winning Lombardi #6 will vindicate this team in my own mind and it will shut the soup coolers of every Clown fan who has no damn clue what good football is all about.

skyhawk
01-07-2009, 05:16 AM

My vote is for AFCCG, too. 2005 was a fabulous ride and a wholesale vindication of all the years we didn't get there because we fought off our backs to get the fall (to use a wrestling cliche).

We won't see the same vibe until this year's AFCCG. But when we win Sunday, one of the following scenarios will play out:

1) It will be nice to knock out the Rattards for the third time, just like the Steelers did to the Earlers (twice) in the 70s.

2) It will be nice to get revenge against the Titans on their HF to get to their 7th SB.

3) Ditto #2 except to insert the Gints or the Beagles to WIN the Lombardi #6.

4) It will be nice to win Lombardi #6 v. the Cards to validate choosing MT over Whis.

5) It will be nice to win Lombardi #6 v. the Panthers...just because!!!

Any way you slice it, from where I stand, winning Lombardi #6 will vindicate this team in my own mind and it will shut the soup coolers of every Clown fan who has no damn clue what good football is all about.

Damn, now I won't be able to sleep!! :tt1

frankthetank1
01-07-2009, 09:43 AM
i think they are all equally bad. i think the worst loss i remember was the 94 loss to the bolts. the game came down to the last seconds and everyone knew the steelers were the better team. i hate tim mckyer, that guy sucked

proudpittsburgher
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
i think they are all equally bad. i think the worst loss i remember was the 94 loss to the bolts. the game came down to the last seconds and everyone knew the steelers were the better team. i hate tim mckyer, that guy sucked

Bringing back bad memories, but I remember being at the game, and seeing humphries throwing the ball, then swiveling my head downfield, and seeing McKier running with his back to the ball, badly beaten, with his arms flailing. The catch took a second, but the moment lasted the entire length of the pass, because i knew he was beaten. Missing out by three yards didn't feel good either, though.

SuperSize
01-07-2009, 11:37 AM

Right on, frank. After that loss to the Chargers, I made a commitment that I would never take football, specifically Steelers football, that serious again. Don't get me wrong, I still am a diehard fan & hate it when they lose, but not to the extent of how I felt after they lost that game.

But like flippy said, I always want one more game, so whatever loss is the last loss of the season is the worst. Knowing you will have to wait almost 8 months to see regular season Steeler football is a real downer.

Pete

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2009, 12:02 PM

Don't forget that we also beat those Clowns for the third time in one season back in the 02-03 season. Of course, Bruce Arians was the O.C. in Cleveland then. All of the games were close (16-13 in OT at Heinz, 23-20 in Cleveland, and 36-33 at Heinz in the Playoffs...rallying from down 24-7 in the third quarter). This year's series against the Purple Browns looks eerily similar so far (23-20 in OT at Heinz, 13-9 in Baltimore, and the playoff game would be at Heinz if both teams win this weekend).

frankthetank1
01-07-2009, 12:05 PM

Right on, frank. After that loss to the Chargers, I made a commitment that I would never take football, specifically Steelers football, that serious again. Don't get me wrong, I still am a diehard fan & hate it when they lose, but not to the extent of how I felt after they lost that game.

But like flippy said, I always want one more game, so whatever loss is the last loss of the season is the worst. Knowing you will have to wait almost 8 months to see regular season Steeler football is a real downer.

Pete

i wish i could do the same. i always tell myself before a big game if the steelers lose then i wont lose my temper and i will be ok, but it never works. i follow a lot of sports and like various teams, when those other teams lose i am upset but no where near the dissapointment i feel when the steelers lose

Jooser
01-07-2009, 12:32 PM
AFCCG - because at that point, you're really starting to feel it. OMG, we're almost there, we could be going, OMG....then psssssssssssssst. All the air goes out of your sails and there's nothing to cheer you up until the draft, unless the Pats* lose the Super Bowl, that's a decent consulation prize. :D

williar
01-07-2009, 12:55 PM
AFCCG! I would much rather lose this week to the chargers, then have to experience a bitter defeat to the titans or the ravens in the championship game. Still have a nasty taste in my mouth from all of those AFCCG losses.

feltdizz
01-07-2009, 02:02 PM
All of them hurt....

but AFCCG hurts the most.

The way you lose has a lot to do with it as well...

NW Steeler
01-07-2009, 02:57 PM

I agree with you on that one. I was on the floor praying when that fourth down pass hit the turf. I think I stayed on the floor for an hour. That is the worst I think I have ever felt as a fan. It took me at least a week to start to get over it. The loss to the Patriots in 2001 was probably a close second.

AkronSteel
01-07-2009, 03:07 PM

I agree with you on that one. I was on the floor praying when that fourth down pass hit the turf. I think I stayed on the floor for an hour. That is the worst I think I have ever felt as a fan. It took me at least a week to start to get over it. The loss to the Patriots in 2001 was probably a close second.

Those two losses stand out to me as well. We were the better team, but not on those particular days. Those losses took a long time to get over. I just knew we were going to win it all in '01 and then those ST gaffes just killed us.....terrible just terrible!

feltdizz
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM

I think we all hit the floor on that 95 pass... worst loss ever as a Steeler fan. We had a classic matchup for the SB turn into a who gives a cluck SB....

Steelhere10
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
i remember that feeling in 95, and afterwards saying that as long as i live, i don't think i will ever be a witness to another Superbowl win by the Steelers. and it took 10 more years for me to be proven wrong. :Boobs

MeetJoeGreene
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Right. Its like saying answer this fun question:

Which do you like the least:

Projective Vomitting
Explosive Diahrea
Painful Cramps

Steelhere10
01-07-2009, 05:31 PM

Right. Its like saying answer this fun question:

Which do you like the least:

Projective Vomitting
Explosive Diahrea
Painful Cramps you guys are right :Blah :Blah it should have read ,the not so fun question.

ikestops85
01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
For me it was 1976 in the AFCCG against the hated Raiders. The team that year started out bad but after a 1-4 start it began the most dominant streak that I have ever seen from a football team. The team's 9 game winning streak to finish the season featured 5 shutouts. They trounced the Colts in the divisional playoff game. Coming off 2 straight SB wins I never dreamed they would lose in the AFCCG. I was in a funk for weeks.

The losses in the 1995 and 2004 AFC Championship games rank a close second but I was old enough to drink my sorrows away in those years. :)