PDA

View Full Version : LaMarr Gildon

flippy
01-06-2009, 04:38 PM
What happened to Woodley in December?

Did he hit a wall?

His stat line reads 6 tackles and 6 assists over the last 4 games.

Teams are supposed to be double teaming Hampton, Smith, and Harrison every play. That's 6 guys. Woodley should be free unless he's in coverage all the time. But then I don't remember seeing him making plays in coverage either.

WTF?

Has he gone Jason Gildon on us already?

Is he hurt?

What's going on?

He's gone from stud to invisible.

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Jason Gildon is the Steelers all-time sack leader.

I hope Woodley "has gone Jason Gildon on us already" because that would mean more sacks are on the way.

:Steel

flippy
01-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Jason Gildon is the Steelers all-time sack leader.

I hope Woodley "has gone Jason Gildon on us already" because that would mean more sacks are on the way.

:Steel

I'm talking about when Gildon went into this mysterious contain mode where he stopped making plays for us. All Steelers OLBs fall into this trap from time to time. Porter did it a lot too.

flippy
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Clark Haggans played his Pittsburgh career in that contain mode.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Gildong is the all-time sack leader, but, I hope Lamarr never plays like him. I hope he becomes more like Greg Lloyd, though. If there was a big stop needed at a crucial moment, was unblockable.

Lamarr hasn't been unblockable in a few weeks...

Still, although he's a 2nd year player, he hasn't played this many games in a season... could be a "1st year starter" wall.

Perhaps the rest will rejuvinate him.

flippy
01-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Gildong is the all-time sack leader, but, I hope Lamarr never plays like him. I hope he becomes more like Greg Lloyd, though. If there was a big stop needed at a crucial moment, was unblockable.

Lamarr hasn't been unblockable in a few weeks...

Still, although he's a 2nd year player, he hasn't played this many games in a season... could be a "1st year starter" wall.

Perhaps the rest will rejuvinate him.

I really think it's a wall. Or an injury that hasn't been disclosed.

mshifko
01-06-2009, 06:35 PM
he has been dropping in coverage a lot though during the last month...that factors into the equation too

SidSmythe
01-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Well WOODLEY showed up in Tony Romo's face forcing the INT to Townshend for the game winning TD.

Now it's playoff time and it don't matter what anyone did in the regular season. Even James Harrison has no sacks as of right now.

flippy
01-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Well WOODLEY showed up in Tony Romo's face forcing the INT to Townshend for the game winning TD.

Now it's playoff time and it don't matter what anyone did in the regular season. Even James Harrison has no sacks as of right now.

I guess I was too busy listening to Renegade and celebrating on that play to notice :D

SidSmythe
01-06-2009, 06:52 PM

I guess I was too busy listening to Renegade and celebrating on that play to notice :D

Nice, but watch the play from the endzone angle and WOODLEY is right in his face. ROMO either throws it or gets sacked. No other choice!!

Chemsteel
01-06-2009, 07:24 PM
LaMarr has been bothered by a severly strained calf muscle. I am happy to report that he is almost fully recovered and had two great practices. The spot will come up when the media finds out.

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
LaMarr has been bothered by a severly strained calf muscle. I am happy to report that he is almost fully recovered and had two great practices. The spot will come up when the media finds out.

I believe he originally injured the calf prior to our first game against the Bolts.

flippy
01-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Good to know. I'd love to see him up his game for the playoffs.

Any idea how Harrison is recovering from the hip pointer. I know those can be aggravating.

pittpete
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Anyone remember the guy who used to do the Gildong report?

costanza2k1
01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
You're the man, thanks for the inside info...

MeetJoeGreene
01-07-2009, 12:12 AM
You're the man, thanks for the inside info...

:Agree :Agree

Djfan
01-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Anyone remember the guy who used to do the Gildong report?

Wasn't that over at Stillers.com?

pittpete
01-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Wasnt his name Danno or something? :mrgreen:

Oviedo
01-07-2009, 12:14 PM
While I think the calf injury may be holding Woodley back I would also not discount the fact that there is now a lot of film on him that offenses can study. They are adjusting how they block him and as a young player he needs to expand his pass rush moves because it seems that he still goes in and bullrushes the majority of the time. This is something that will take years for him to improve not weeks.

Jooser
01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
No doubt a calf injury will hold a bullrush type like him back. I think, though, that it would hold a speed rusher back as well. I hope the bye week does him some good and he's back near 100% for the playoff run, because there's little doubt he's a force X 2 with Harrison when healthy.

mshifko
01-07-2009, 04:41 PM
While I think the calf injury may be holding Woodley back I would also not discount the fact that there is now a lot of film on him that offenses can study. They are adjusting how they block him and as a young player he needs to expand his pass rush moves because it seems that he still goes in and bullrushes the majority of the time. This is something that will take years for him to improve not weeks.
good point...i noticed that woodley has tried his signature spin move a little bit more often...woodley has all the tools to be a great pass rusher for many years to come