PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison cleared of gun charges...WTF

Ezekiel 25:17
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
The politics of Philadelphia continue....

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/ ... geId=6.1.1 (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=8197508&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1)

No Charges For Marvin Harrison In Gun Case
Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Jan 2009, 12:06 PM EST
Created: Monday, 05 Jan 2009, 9:01 PM EST

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham says Colts receiver Marvin Harrison will not face any charges related to a gun incident earlier this year.

Abraham announced that decision at a press conference in Philadelphia on Tuesday morning.

Sources told Fox 29 News in late April that the shooting stemmed from a fight that took place in Harrison's bar, Playmakers, weeks before.

Sources said Harrison, who is from Philadelphia, and others tried to throw out a bar patron. That same patron came to a car wash, which Harrison also owns, and another fight started.

At some point, someone fired shots, and they came from Harrison's gun.

Police said the gun used in the shooting near Harrison's car wash in the Brewerytown section of the city belonged to Harrison.

Nonsense. Marvin's gun was used in a crime. It (the gun) was in Philadelphia, not at his home. The shooting occurred in Philadelphia. PA gun laws say that if your gun was used in a shooting, even if (and it's a BIG if) he wasn't the shooter, he can be charged. He doesn't have a permit to carry.

Politics, baby. Pure and simple.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-06-2009, 01:29 PM
The politics of Philadelphia continue....

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/ ... geId=6.1.1 (http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=8197508&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1)

No Charges For Marvin Harrison In Gun Case
Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Jan 2009, 12:06 PM EST
Created: Monday, 05 Jan 2009, 9:01 PM EST

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham says Colts receiver Marvin Harrison will not face any charges related to a gun incident earlier this year.

Abraham announced that decision at a press conference in Philadelphia on Tuesday morning.

Sources told Fox 29 News in late April that the shooting stemmed from a fight that took place in Harrison's bar, Playmakers, weeks before.

Sources said Harrison, who is from Philadelphia, and others tried to throw out a bar patron. That same patron came to a car wash, which Harrison also owns, and another fight started.

At some point, someone fired shots, and they came from Harrison's gun.

Police said the gun used in the shooting near Harrison's car wash in the Brewerytown section of the city belonged to Harrison.

Nonsense. Marvin's gun was used in a crime. It (the gun) was in Philadelphia, not at his home. The shooting occurred in Philadelphia. PA gun laws say that if your gun was used in a shooting, even if (and it's a BIG if) he wasn't the shooter, he can be charged. He doesn't have a permit to carry.

Politics, baby. Pure and simple.
I'd be in jail....

01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd be in jail....

BTW, Vida is fine.

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM
most would be in jail.. but if you have cake you can spread some icing around town and walk.

The guy he shot lied about the shooting and is a shady character....
and witnesses vouch for Marvin...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had an Eagle uni on next year...

If Peyton wasn't his QB and he talked trash like TO or Ocho dude would be front page news.

I'm not surprised at all.... when Reid's kids had guns. crack, heroine and who knows what else and still walked free it showed what the deal is.. if Plax had Amani Toomers rep in NYC the cops would have done the same thing... but NYC is tired of Plax.

01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
most would be in jail.. but if you have cake you can spread some icing around town and walk.

If Peyton wasn't his QB and he talked trash like TO or Ocho dude would be front page news.

I'm not surprised at all.... when Reid's kids had guns. crack, heroine and who knows what else and still walked free it showed what the deal is.. if Plax had Amani Toomers rep in NYC the cops would have done the same thing... but NYC is tired of Plax.

Both of Reid's kids, who were arrested outside of Philly, did jail time. What are you talking about?

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Both of Reid's kids, who were arrested outside of Philly, did jail time. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about the first 5 times they were arrested and did no time... how many times did we read about these 2 and how Reids house was filled with drugs...

those 2 were multiple offenders who walked countless times.

Imagine how many times cops didn't report these 2 and just dropped them off at home?
just sayin.. I lived in Philly for years and know first hand how the cops worked....

Philly is a mob/union mecca

01-06-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm talking about the first 5 times they were arrested and did no time... how many times did we read about these 2 and how Reids house was filled with drugs...

Imagine how many times cops didn't report these 2 and just dropped them off at home?
just sayin.. I lived in Philly for years and know first hand how the cops worked....

Again, the Reid's don't live in Philly. Their kids weren't arrested in Philly. They didn't do time in Philly. It's all in Montgomery County, which is as Philly as The Hamptons is NYC.

I don't disagree that Philly cops/DA/politicians are ridiculous and some are corrupt. But the Reid kid analogy doesn't match. Hell, they (Philly DA's office) brought gun charges against Allen Iverson for brandishing a gun on two guys while looking for his wife a few years ago. They were eventually dropped for lack of a credible witness.

Here you have a specialty gun owned by Marv, six spent shell casings outside a business that he owns, yet they believed his "it wasn't me" defense because of witness credibility issues?

Bogus. I wonder if the victim wasn't a young black male if charges would have been brought. And before I get accused of playing the race card, etc., I mean if the victim was a female, or if he was an older gentleman, or even if there was no victim at all, i.e. Plexico Burress.

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 03:31 PM
[quote=feltdizz]most would be in jail.. but if you have cake you can spread some icing around town and walk.

Again, the Reid's don't live in Philly. Their kids weren't arrested in Philly. They didn't do time in Philly. It's all in Montgomery County, which is as Philly as The Hamptons is NYC.

I don't disagree that Philly cops/DA/politicians are ridiculous and some are corrupt. But the Reid kid analogy doesn't match. Hell, they (Philly DA's office) brought gun charges against Allen Iverson for brandishing a gun on two guys while looking for his wife a few years ago. They were eventually dropped for lack of a credible witness.

Here you have a specialty gun owned by Marv, six spent shell casings outside a business that he owns, yet they believed his "it wasn't me" defense because of witness credibility issues?

Bogus. I wonder if the victim wasn't a young black male if charges would have been brought. And before I get accused of playing the race card, etc., I mean if the victim was a female, or if he was an older gentleman, or even if there was no victim at all, i.e. Plexico Burress.[/quote:2bzdlq08]

The Reid's kids will continue to be brought up because they are the sons of an NFL coach and they had guns and crack all over the tri state area and multiple arrest.....

I'm not talking about jurisdictions I'm talking about the police culture in the area.. there is an understanding

now as far as Harrison... if the victim was a woman or elderly or white and it was a stray bullet nothing would be done if they lied about what happened.... cause MONEY TALKS!!

I doubt most athletes would do time over this... especially if the witnesses do not cooperate. No snitch is big in Philly and plenty of broke thugs go free over the same charge.

Now would Goodell have treated this so lightly if it was someone else? If they were a repeat offender then yep... guilty and suspended before the ink dries.

Look at the Bengals... no one knew that the Charges had the same amount of arrest that year they went wild... and it was well known that a certain baseball player or players had been driven home by police when pulled over drunk but no word...

it is image as much as it's money IMO with pro sports....Iverson got the gun charge cause he wanted out of Philly and the city hated him.... but if that had been Jimmy Rollins this year... not a word about it.

They know Marvin did it and from what I hear the DA sounded sad he couldn't go further with it.. Harrison also has long money so with a broke govt... they were not going to go after him with this kind of case

mshifko
01-06-2009, 03:34 PM
when you look at the facts, it's kind of surprising marvin is getting off of the hook so easy...it WAS his gun

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 03:38 PM
when you look at the facts, it's kind of surprising marvin is getting off of the hook so easy...it WAS his gun

obviously it's his... but with no witnesses and the defendant being a shady cat it's open and shut. The DA cannot afford to spend the money Harrison is willing to spend defending himself...

this is why most rich people walk...

01-06-2009, 04:05 PM

obviously it's his... but with no witnesses and the defendant being a shady cat it's open and shut. The DA cannot afford to spend the money Harrison is willing to spend defending himself...

this is why most rich people walk...

Felt, you make some good points. Shady witnesses make prosecution difficult. But in this case, there is other evidence that warrant charges. His gun being used in a shooting of another individual warrants charges. I'm not saying whether Marvin should face attempted murder charges. But NONE, not even weapons charges? The spent casings matching his gun that HE turned in should have been enough. It's BS, ESPECIALLY in light of all of the inner city gun crime happening in Philadelphia. I think Lynn Abraham (current DA) showed cowardice in this decision.

On more compelling thing to consider. If he was truly innocent, and the evidence pointed to this, why did she wait until AFTER the season to hold this press conference? You'd think that if there was insufficient evidence, she would have said so long ago.

My assessment is that charges were warranted, but pressure was put on behind the scenes to quiet the charges, and those negotiations happened with Marv's people, but not until after the season ended.

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I brought this up when people were talking about how bad a teammate Ocho was...

sure he is selfish but he didn't shoot anyone... when ESPN broke the story it was like "oh hell naw" it's over for the NFL... no the good guys are out popping people?

Then a day later it clicked cause....well, it was gone. Story was wrapped up like a CSI ending.
It's all image.. and to think they gave Manning the MVP for throwing to the guy this year?
NFL is all over the place.. it's not when, how, where but who?

That is the first question Goodell asked... cause it's a day after his season ended and they act like he just came back from space or hiding out overseas.

Marvin gave a nice donation to the police fund and also paid a few people off... much cheaper then a trial lawyer though.