PDA

View Full Version : Cowher's prediction

SidSmythe
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Yesterday on the NFL Today, they asked everyone,
What non playoff team will be in the playoffs next year???

Cowher said, "the Cincinnati Bengals"

He said they have fixed their defense and the addition of Cedrick Benson was huge. Plus getting Carson Palmer back.

snarky
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Are they moving to the Arena League or something?

NorCal-Steeler
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
They fire Marv Lewis?

MeetJoeGreene
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Ohio Penal League.

proudpittsburgher
01-05-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm thinking that Cowher said that because
1. Carson Palmer will likely be back
2. The defense actually played really really well the second half of the season
3. They will likely get rid of the Cancer known as Chad Johnson.

I can see it, but he is still going out on a limb.

Starlifter
01-05-2009, 11:47 PM
it's a bs question and answer. heck pick any non-playoff team this year and say they'll make it next year. if they do, you're a genius. if they don't, no one will even bring it up because they're expected to stink again. a more realistic answer would be the pats.

stlrz d
01-06-2009, 12:07 AM

Ohio Penal League.

Don't be dissing the OPL.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I could see it... and in our division, somebody is always jumping up from the cellar (or near) to be in the running.

buckeyehoppy
01-06-2009, 01:11 AM
I could see it... and in our division, somebody is always jumping up from the cellar (or near) to be in the running.

Good point SoD!!!

2007: The Clowns did that.

2008: The Rattards did that, and made the playoffs.

2009: ? The Bungholes...hell, it'll be their turn...

Jom112
01-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Yesterday on the NFL Today, they asked everyone,
What non playoff team will be in the playoffs next year???

Cowher said, "the Cincinnati Bengals"

He said they have fixed their defense and the addition of Cedrick Benson was huge. Plus getting Carson Palmer back.

Cowher has been giving the Bengals some praise since he left coaching. I remember last season he picked us to win the division.

I'm waiting to see what we do with our O-Line before I'll say we're a playoff team. At minimum we need to get a solid center (Chris Brown from the Ravens, possibly Birk from the Vikings or Alex Mack). If we do then I can see us potentially making the playoffs...

SteelerOfDeVille
01-06-2009, 01:25 AM

Good point SoD!!!

2007: The Clowns did that.

2008: The Rattards did that, and made the playoffs.

2009: ? The Bungholes...hell, it'll be their turn...
i think this was actually the first year since the restructure that either the 3rd or 4th place team from one year didn't at least tie for best record the next year... The Rats came up a game short....

2002 Steelers win, Ravens 3rd
2003 Ravens win, Steelers 3rd
2004 Steelers win, Bengals 3rd
2005 Bengals win... Ravens 3rd (tied with worst record)
2006 Ravens win, Steelers 3rd, Browns 4th.
2007 Steelers & Browns tied @ 10-6; Rats were 4th place...
2008: Steelers, Rats, Browns, Bengals (Rats missed their turn).

History would say the Bengals or Browns to have the best record in thie division in 2009.... unless that was just a Cowher thang...

agdci981
01-06-2009, 03:13 AM
I would have to answer that question with the Pats. Cheating or not I still dont see them missing theplayoffs back to back years. I also just dont think Palmer is that good and losing both TJ and Chad possibly will hurt him greatly as he has also lost 3/5 of the line he had last time they were in the playoffs.

Oviedo
01-06-2009, 09:01 AM
The Bumgals could be without both Ocho Cinco and Whose-your-mama. I believe the latter is an unrestricted free agent and I can't imagine him wanting to resign with the Bumgals at this point in his career.

Losing your top two WR isn't the recipe for making the play offs.

I'm also not buying that Palmer comes back 100% healthy either.

Uncle Rico
01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
The Steelers and Ratbirds are just too good to let the Bungles gain much ground in the division. Predicting a third place finish in the AFC North for the Bungles would be a much more accurate prediction for next seaon.

Discipline of Steel
01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The Bumgals could be without both Ocho Cinco and Whose-your-mama. I believe the latter is an unrestricted free agent and I can't imagine him wanting to resign with the Bumgals at this point in his career.

Not to mention that Cedric 'one bourbon, one scotch, one beer' Benson is not the answer. He is useless against decent run stopping teams, such as our Steelers.

Iron Shiek
01-06-2009, 09:59 AM
I can also see the Bungles getting better quick. However, it remains to be seen if they will make the playoffs. I would say right now they would at minimum be a .500 team next year having everyone healthy. Offseason will determine the rest I suppose...

Jom112
01-06-2009, 10:26 AM

No way TJ and Chad both leave this offseason. If we don't sign/tag TJ then Chad won't be traded. If Chad gets traded you can bet TJ will at least be tagged for next season.

I was all ready to call you guys idiots for thinking we would lose both receivers this offseason then I remembered that Mike Brown is still the owner... :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Houston could be a contender if their major players stay healthy...Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, Matt Schaub, Steve Slaton, Mario Williams, Amobi Okoye, Demeco Ryans, Dunta Robinson...the AFC South is a strong division.