PDA

View Full Version : just watched Ravens VS Steelers = not scared at all

Steelhere10
01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
1 we lost the field position battle all game, we started inside our own 10 numerous times, while Ravens stayed around their 40 yd line. 2 we had 3 turnovers 2 while going in to score and one on our 10.3 and last but not least we had dropped passes and dumb penalties, by Colon that negated some nice gains not over looking the Chargers BUT i hope we meet the birds again i don't think the next one will be close.

MeetJoeGreene
01-05-2009, 10:32 PM
1 we lost the field position battle all game, we started inside our own 10 numerous times, while Ravens stayed around their 40 yd line. 2 we had 3 turnovers 2 while going in to score and one on our 10.3 and last but not least we had dropped passes and dumb penalties, by Colon that negated some nice gains not over looking the Chargers BUT i hope we meet the birds again i don't think the next one will be close.

Those wouldn't worry me if they were an anomaly, but those types of occurrences have happened not infrequently this year.

Leper Friend
01-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't care who the team is , it's very hard to beat any team 3 times a year. (except the Browns ). If that weren't the case, I'd love to see the Ravens again. Right now,honestly,I don't.

Mick'sTeam
01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
We need to get past SD first. If we do, I don't want the Ravens, I want to go to TN and get revenge on those towel stomping thugs.

SidSmythe
01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I point to Field Position too for the whoas of that game.

We almost gained Field Position back when we had Lenhard pinned down at the 10 and he picked up the ball and returned it 30ish yards down the sideline. Then we were back to bad field position.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I point to Field Position too for the whoas of that game.

We almost gained Field Position back when we had Lenhard pinned down at the 10 and he picked up the ball and returned it 30ish yards down the sideline. Then we were back to bad field position.

Agreed here. It almost brought us back to the horrible ST memories of years past, but with the way our ST has played this year I expect this to be an exception.

Jooser
01-06-2009, 11:45 AM

Those wouldn't worry me if they were an anomaly, but those types of occurrences have happened not infrequently this year.

:Agree That's what worries me too about every game....this year.

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
the holding and illegal formations have plagued us this year...

I seriously believe since the Steelers have such a large following refs with links to bookies are giving us the stink eye...

never in my life have I seen a #1 D go 6 games without getting held... even had Casey Hampton called for holding.

I think our D is so good there is funny work at play to keep games close...

crazy theory but have you ever seen a D this good not cause the opponent to hold yet our O gets called for ticky tack "LT not lined up on the line?"

Sugar
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
We need to get past SD first. If we do, I don't want the Ravens, I want to go to TN and get revenge on those towel stomping thugs.

:Agree

I want to beat SD right now. If that should happen then lets go to TN and get the Titans, but the bolts are first in line. I don't care to see the Ravens again until next year.

stlrz d
01-06-2009, 02:06 PM

I seriously believe since the Steelers have such a large following refs with links to bookies are giving us the stink eye...

never in my life have I seen a #1 D go 6 games without getting held... even had Casey Hampton called for holding.

crazy theory but have you ever seen a D this good not cause the opponent to hold yet our O gets called for ticky tack "LT not lined up on the line?"

You're starting to sound like a Ravens fan. Just sayin'.

Edited to add: http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.p ... ostcount=7 (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.php?p=4165598&postcount=7)

feltdizz
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM

You're starting to sound like a Ravens fan. Just sayin'.

Edited to add: http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.p ... ostcount=7 (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.php?p=4165598&postcount=7)

or a number of Steeler defenders.... just sayin' :tt2

When told of the penalty drought, Steelers defensive players reacted with mock sarcasm.

"I guess teams are doing a great job of blocking us," Farrior said.

"We don't get held -- ever," said defensive end Brett Keisel. "It's unbelievable."

"They're great athletes," said nose tackle Casey Hampton, trying to hold back a smile. "They get their hands inside and do their job."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08355/936498-66.stm

stlrz d
01-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I saw that story at the time it came out and I don't disagree that calls are being missed, but until there is a national story exposing that the NFL is fixed, that the games are called a certain way, etc, I will refuse to believe it and despise those who insist that those things are true without anything beyond circumstantial, opinionated evidence.