PDA

View Full Version : My wager

Djfan
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I bet a good friend of mine that the Chargers lose. He is a life long chokers fan. Really. He's one of the 12 out there.

Anyway, the loser has to wear the other guy's jersey to work for one day. He already has warned his commuting crowd about it in case. I'm not worried. I have two Bettis jerseys so it should be good. Part of the deal is that we have to take pics.

More to follow....

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 08:10 PM
You're safe...but you might want to add in a rule that the wearer must guard the jersey from all attempted acts of heinousness.

Djfan
01-05-2009, 08:14 PM
You're safe...but you might want to add in a rule that the wearer must guard the jersey from all attempted acts of heinousness.

Already took care of that one.

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Good thinkin'!

Too bad you can't really rub it in and make him wear like a Tomczak jersey or somethin'! :P

Djfan
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
He will be wearing one of my two Bettis jerseys - the silk screened one. No sewn on's here.

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
He will be wearing one of my two Bettis jerseys - the silk screened one. No sewn on's here.

Oh I know...I was just sayin' it would be even funnier is all. :D

Ozey74
01-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I made a similiar wager with my brother in-law, who is a Colts fan, over the Steelers/Colts game this past November. The loser, which is me, has to wear a Colts shirt at our annual Labor Day party this May.

Now that the Steelers have officially finished better than the Colts this year, me having to parade around in a Colts shirt doesn't bother me as much.

:HeadBanger

Djfan
01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I made a similiar wager with my brother in-law, who is a Colts fan, over the Steelers/Colts game this past November. The loser, which is me, has to wear a Colts shirt at our annual Labor Day party this May.

Now that the Steelers have officially finished better than the Colts this year, me having to parade around in a Colts shirt doesn't bother me as much.

:HeadBanger

Funny!

Mick'sTeam
01-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Here's an Ebay auction you may be interested in:
http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/1c/63/65c8_2.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/KORDELL-STEWART-Pittsburgh-Steelers-sz48-HOME-Jersey_W0QQitemZ230307765001QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item230307765001&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

SteelerOfDeVille
01-06-2009, 01:08 AM
I still have a reversible Korkie Jersey...

Be willing to part with it for a good cause.... :tt1

proudpittsburgher
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I never understood these kinds of bets. Usually, unless the other person is an idiot, the two teams are fairly evenly matched, so there is a decent chance you have agreed to humiliate yourself, and do it while you are still pizzed off that the Steelers lost, which is twice as bad. If you win, well, you are happy anyway because the Steelers won. Is it really worth the chance you take at being pizzed AND humiliated. I would rather lose money. It's less painful.

Djfan
01-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I never understood these kinds of bets. Usually, unless the other person is an idiot, the two teams are fairly evenly matched, so there is a decent chance you have agreed to humiliate yourself, and do it while you are still pizzed off that the Steelers lost, which is twice as bad. If you win, well, you are happy anyway because the Steelers won. Is it really worth the chance you take at being pizzed AND humiliated. I would rather lose money. It's less painful.

I won't be wearing a Chargers jersey. That's why.

proudpittsburgher
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM

I hope you are right, brother. I hope my post didn't come off as disrespectful of you, I just won't get into those kinds of bets because I care too much about the Steelers, and anger/dissappointment/humiliation don't mix well with me. :)

Djfan
01-07-2009, 03:16 AM

I hope you are right, brother. I hope my post didn't come off as disrespectful of you, I just won't get into those kinds of bets because I care too much about the Steelers, and anger/dissappointment/humiliation don't mix well with me. :)

I don't feel disrespected at all! I hope you didn't read that in what I wrote. I just feel very confident about this game. I've been wrong before about games, but this one seems done to me.

We'll see.