PDA

View Full Version : Ed B. report on Ben in practice today

Steelhere10
01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
said one of Ben passes looked as if he had a dead arm, i am beggining to worrY about our QB . could his shoulder still be bad any medical experts on here know anything about a dislocated shoulder

RuthlessBurgher
01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't be overly worried about how one pass looked in practice.

costanza2k1
01-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I just asked Dale Lolly, let's see what his response is.

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I saw a segment on ESPN. For what it's worth, Hines said he looks fine and Ben said he feels fine. Ben spoke with reporters and looked and sounded fine. They asked him something and he even joked with an "I forgot" comment.

As for the stretcher (you know, drama queen and all :roll:) he said, "It's kind of scary when you can't feel your arms" which I would think is why they were so cautious.

JDSteeler
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Bouchette is a tool, and I'm not sure if he even likes the Steelers.

His every answer on his chat transcript is aloof and/or negative....

What ever he has to say from this point forward, should be ignored.

JD

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I found the actual quote.

“It was scary,” Roethlisberger said, talking for the first time since getting hurt. “I mean, when you can’t feel your arms you get kind of scared. They pricked me with a pin and I couldn’t feel it. When you see the doctor look at the trainer with that kind of look, it kind of scares you a little bit.”

mshifko
01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
bouchette is a douche...it's a monday practice...it was all walk thrus...it's not like big ben is going to be firing bb's at a light practice...if he's throwing the ball like this in practice when they go TEAM then we have a problem...today was a light practice, i guarantee it

sd steel
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM

“It was scary,” Roethlisberger said, talking for the first time since getting hurt. “I mean, when you can’t feel your arms you get kind of scared. They pricked me with a pin and I couldn’t feel it. When you see the doctor look at the trainer with that kind of look, it kind of scares you a little bit.”

I never knew your arms went numb with a minor concussion. I have had many concussions and it was usually just memory loss and being unable to recall certain periods of time. Arm numbness I would guess would be spine related.

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 09:30 PM

[quote]“It was scary,” Roethlisberger said, talking for the first time since getting hurt. “I mean, when you can’t feel your arms you get kind of scared. They pricked me with a pin and I couldn’t feel it. When you see the doctor look at the trainer with that kind of look, it kind of scares you a little bit.”

I never knew your arms went numb with a minor concussion. I have had many concussions and it was usually just memory loss and being unable to recall certain periods of time. Arm numbness I would guess would be spine related.[/quote:rjho24zz]

He could have also had a stinger or something along those lines. But that's a temporary thing.

JAR
01-05-2009, 09:39 PM

[quote]“It was scary,” Roethlisberger said, talking for the first time since getting hurt. “I mean, when you can’t feel your arms you get kind of scared. They pricked me with a pin and I couldn’t feel it. When you see the doctor look at the trainer with that kind of look, it kind of scares you a little bit.”

I never knew your arms went numb with a minor concussion. I have had many concussions and it was usually just memory loss and being unable to recall certain periods of time. Arm numbness I would guess would be spine related.[/quote:2vsbpirf]

Symptoms of a concussion include headache, dizziness, loss of consciousness, and a lump, cut, bruise or swelling on the head. Other signs are numbness, nausea, vomiting, mental confusion, or memory problems.

MeetJoeGreene
01-05-2009, 10:06 PM

I never knew your arms went numb with a minor concussion. I have had many concussions and it was usually just memory loss and being unable to recall certain periods of time. Arm numbness I would guess would be spine related.

Symptoms of a concussion include headache, dizziness, loss of consciousness, and a lump, cut, bruise or swelling on the head. Other signs are numbness, nausea, vomiting, mental confusion, or memory problems.[/quote:118h4op3]

At least he didn't puke

:D

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 10:13 PM

Symptoms of a concussion include headache, dizziness, loss of consciousness, and a lump, cut, bruise or swelling on the head. Other signs are numbness, nausea, vomiting, mental confusion, or memory problems.

At least he didn't puke

:D[/quote:m7dg6w22]

Who do you think he is?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/reuben_frank/12/08/mcnabb.careerday/p1_mcnabb_getty.jpg

costanza2k1
01-05-2009, 10:40 PM
costanza2k1 said...

Dale,

Any word on how Ben's arm looked? I'm hearing reports of Ed Bouchette saying his arm looked dead? Hopefully that's not a shoulder thing. costanza2k1 from planetsteelers.com

6:20 PM
Delete
Blogger Dale Lolley said...

Dead compared to watching Leftwich all last week? Ben doesn't have Leftwich's arm. Leftwich doesn't have Ben's knack for puling the fat out of the fire.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-05-2009, 11:08 PM

I never knew your arms went numb with a minor concussion. I have had many concussions and it was usually just memory loss and being unable to recall certain periods of time. Arm numbness I would guess would be spine related.[/quote:2yao8x4m]

Maybe you couldn't remember that your arms had gone numb?

Sorry, just kidding. Maybe he had a neck stinger too, or something ...

SteelerOfDeVille
01-06-2009, 12:15 AM
concussions are sorta funny to you after the fact. I had one and I was soooo confused... funny thing is I can remember it now... but, I couldn't find anything in my mental filing system... it was like somebody took all the flash cards and hid them...

"who are we playing?"
"Uhhh... the team whose JV team we played the other day."

"Where do you live?"
"Uhhh... THAT way!" (pointing in the general direction of my neighborhood)

Needless to say, I wasn't allowed back in the game... even when the cobwebs were gone....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-06-2009, 03:28 AM
This entire thread is based on an incomplete report. His arm looked dead on one throw? That sounds pretty good considering he must have made many more throws that looked okay.

Lets not fly off the handle here. :roll:

SteelBucks
01-06-2009, 10:31 AM
concussions are sorta funny to you after the fact. I had one and I was soooo confused... funny thing is I can remember it now... but, I couldn't find anything in my mental filing system... it was like somebody took all the flash cards and hid them...

"who are we playing?"
"Uhhh... the team whose JV team we played the other day."

"Where do you live?"
"Uhhh... THAT way!" (pointing in the general direction of my neighborhood)

Needless to say, I wasn't allowed back in the game... even when the cobwebs were gone....

This reminds me of one of Merrill Hoge's concussions. After he left the Steelers and signed with the Bears, they were playing a game in the mid-west (I think it was in KC but not sure), he got knocked silly. The trainers came out and asked him who he was playing against and Hoge responded "Tampa Bay". The trainers asked him why Tampa and he said "because I can hear the ocean".

Now that's scary......I've had a couple of concussions but never that bad!