PDA

View Full Version : Chargers punter....

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 02:52 PM
is a real problem.

I say take the 15 early and put him out the game.

SteelerNation1
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
One of the best in the biz. Someone refresh my memory...how'd he punt a few weeks ago at Heinz???

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 03:20 PM
One of the best in the biz. Someone refresh my memory...how'd he punt a few weeks ago at Heinz???

your joking right? He was blasting punts 50+ yards and pinning us deep all game. He is what Sep was supposed to be and hopefully will be for us... dude changes field positions regardless of how deep he is backed up... we really need to power rush him early or hope for a slippery snap cause he is the key to SD.

SteelerNation1
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM

your joking right? He was blasting punts 50+ yards and pinning us deep all game. He is what Sep was supposed to be and hopefully will be for us... dude changes field positions regardless of how deep he is backed up... we really need to power rush him early or hope for a slippery snap cause he is the key to SD.
felt,
just checked nfl.com

he had 2 punts in the game with an avg of 43.5 per kick. not great.

SteelBucks
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM

felt,
just checked nfl.com

Compared to our punter, they seemed like 50+.

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 03:47 PM

felt,
just checked nfl.com

damn? For some reason I remembered him booming kicks.. I think Ernster was so bad it made his 2 kicks look better then they were...

actually his first kick was fair caught at the 9 and his second was a 50 yarder fair caught at the 14.

I think the conditions and poor punting by us made him look like an all star.. he is good though.

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 03:48 PM

felt,
just checked nfl.com

Compared to our punter, they seemed like 50+.

bingo... and as I just posted... against Ernster who was punting 25 yards... they looked so much better they actually multiplied in my mind LOL!

Steeler Shades
01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
he had 2 punts in the game with an avg of 43.5 per kick.
Only 2 punts for the entire game that ended in 11-10 score? Amazing. 8)

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
he had 2 punts in the game with an avg of 43.5 per kick.
Only 2 punts for the entire game that ended in 11-10 score? Amazing. 8)

I know.. who would have thought SD would only have 2 punts? Looking at the numbers though it is obvious the refs screwed us in that game. Sure we were stopped on a gimmie 4th and 1 but damn... how do you gain all those yards.. have zero TO's and force 3 TO's and have 11 points?

Discipline of Steel
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
It was Sav Rocca from Philly that had an All-Pro day against us.

ANPSTEEL
01-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I just saw this thread after I posted a comment regarding my concerns about Scifres.

also-

while it is premature- Baltimore's punter had a frikin field day against the steelers.

SteelerOfDeVille
01-05-2009, 06:00 PM

felt,
just checked nfl.com

damn? For some reason I remembered him booming kicks.. I think Ernster was so bad it made his 2 kicks look better then they were...

actually his first kick was fair caught at the 9 and his second was a 50 yarder fair caught at the 14.

I think the conditions and poor punting by us made him look like an all star.. he is good though.
2 punts inside teh 15 witha 43.5 average... what's a guy gotta do... :Bow

SidSmythe
01-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Chargers are toast, i dont care who their punter is!!!