PDA

View Full Version : Match-up I like for this W/E

SuperSize
01-05-2009, 12:17 PM
After watching Marcus McNeil struggle with Freeney all night this past Saturday, I can't wait to see what Harrison can do against him. If the Chargers need to continually help him out, the rest of the Steeler pass rushers should create some problems for Rivers.

Pete

steelz09
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
:Agree

What about Woodley. He has been MIA as far as sacks go the past several weeks. Has he been getting tired towards the end of the year or are teams doubling him?

He has been so close so many times.. just a millisecond late .. I look for him to have a big week this week as well.

:tt1 :tt1

SuperSize
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm hoping that Woodley will be the primary beneficiary if the Chargers decide they are pulling out the stops to contain Harrison. If I'm not mistaken, Mathis provided decent pressure from the other side (plus at least 1 sack) Saturday night.

Here's to giving a beat down to Phil Rivers this Sunday :Cheers

Pete

SteelerNation1
01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm hoping that Woodley will be the primary beneficiary if the Chargers decide they are pulling out the stops to contain Harrison. If I'm not mistaken, Mathis provided decent pressure from the other side (plus at least 1 sack) Saturday night.

Here's to giving a beat down to Phil Rivers this Sunday :Cheers

Pete
Freeney and Mathis both had 2 sacks I think. Rivers made some horrible throws. We need to pressure the heck out of him. 1st stop the run, then kill Rivers. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
I think pressure is just as good as a sack... Woodley forced Romo to give a game up and I wouldn't doubt Woodley forcing one of the 2 INT's we had against Cleveland.

he is due though...

SteelerNation1
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I think pressure is just as good as a sack... Woodley forced Romo to give a game up and I wouldn't doubt Woodley forcing one of the 2 INT's we had against Cleveland.

he is due though...
9.5 sacks through the 1st seven games I think...2 since...yeah, he's definitely due.

Chemsteel
01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I can guarantee you that Sproles cannot block James Harrison. Therefore they will try to block him man on man. They will then go to an I formation. If that doesn't work then they go strong side or H-Back motion and put a TE on James. This would be a big mistake for the Chargers opening up Farrior and Timmons for blitzes and over/under coverage on Gates.

flippy
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I can guarantee you that Sproles cannot block James Harrison. Therefore they will try to block him man on man. They will then go to an I formation. If that doesn't work then they go strong side or H-Back motion and put a TE on James. This would be a big mistake for the Chargers opening up Farrior and Timmons for blitzes and over/under coverage on Gates.

I'd line up Timmons outside of Harrison to start the game and blitz them both. Timmons first step is so fast he will make Harrison's man try to slow him down and free Harrison up.

Chemsteel
01-05-2009, 03:44 PM

I'd line up Timmons outside of Harrison to start the game and blitz them both. Timmons first step is so fast he will make Harrison's man try to slow him down and free Harrison up.

In my opinion, that would be a mistake on our part. Timmons biggest asset is his ability to cover TE's over the middle and back. We must keep an eye on Gates.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-05-2009, 05:39 PM
For those who have been screaming about all of the uncalled holds against JH this year, then the first Chargers game is the landmark. I'd never seen so many blatant takedowns without one call. This was the game which brought me onto the bandwagon.

Coincidentally, we probably had more holding calls against our receivers in that game (three by Hines) than any other team in history. We also had a TD called back on a hold against McHugh.