PDA

View Full Version : Here's a list of NFL HoF Coaches

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Wanna guess what they have in common? I'll give you a hint at the bottom of the list.

George Allen

Jimmy Conzelman

Weeb Eubank

Ray Flaherty

Sid Gillman

Bud Grant

George Halas

Curly Lambeau

Tom Landry

Steve Owen

Don Shula

These are all coaches worse than Ken Whisenhunt because they all lost, that's right, lost their first playoff appearance as head coach. Congrats to you KW because you are sure to make the HoF now!

Oh yeah, Whis is better than Cowher too cuz Cowher lost his first playoff game as well.

Whoops...guess I forgot the hint. :oops:

Got any to add to the list?

BURGH86STEEL
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Some pretty good coaches there. Tomlin will be hard pressed to follow their leads. It is clear to someone on this board that Whiz is clearly better than any of those guys.

snarky
01-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Detroit Rod never lost a playoff game.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Detroit Rod never lost a playoff game.

That's why he's our man! I hear he's available.

Is there a rule about a playoff team speaking with a fired HC about a HC position?

DukieBoy
01-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I see your logic. Bring in Detroit Rod Marinelli, and he (and we) won't lose a playoff game.

Brilliant.

Tomlin lost one, right? Hmmm ...

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 11:36 PM
I know it seems radical, but go with it.

I think we can pull it off and make it work for us!

agdci981
01-05-2009, 05:07 AM
How many of those coaches had the talent Mike Tomlin inherited?

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
None of them...Tomlin inherited the best team in the history of the NFL. And the best part (or worst part): none of those players were missing for the Jags game.

He's gotta go...we need Detroit Rod and we need him now!!!

MeetJoeGreene
01-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Why is everyone trying to refute irrational feelings with rational data?

NOTHING will change an irrational feeling.

agdci981
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
None of them...Tomlin inherited the best team in the history of the NFL. And the best part (or worst part): none of those players were missing for the Jags game.

Best defense in the history of the NFL. If he doesnt reach the Super Bowl it is because he ignored problems on offense all year. That simple.

stlrz d
01-05-2009, 08:31 PM

Best defense in the history of the NFL. If he doesnt reach the Super Bowl it is because he ignored problems on offense all year. That simple.

****Image_removed_by_Mod****

agdci981
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
^^^
Really? Says the so called fan who has never been to Heinz Field. Sorry for offending you superfan. :roll: :roll: :loser

100$handshake
01-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Curly Lambeau didn't face the Falcons in his first playoff game !