PDA

View Full Version : Steelers and the bye week

JAR
01-04-2009, 01:00 PM
there are a lot of fans out there saying the bye is bad for the Steelers because of history, but, the Steelers have won their first playoff game after a bye since 1994.

Just thought I'd throw this little bit of info out there.....

Jooser
01-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Good stuff JAR, thanks.

rpmpit
01-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Yeah, good stuff JAR. I think this year much more than years past, the bye is going to help. FWP needs as much rest as possible (fighting injuries all year) and obviously Ben with the concussion.

SteelerNation1
01-04-2009, 04:44 PM
there are a lot of fans out there saying the bye is bad for the Steelers because of history, but, the Steelers have won their first playoff game after a bye since 1994.

Nice factoid Jar, but I dont want to just win one after the bye week. I want 3!!!!!!!

buckeyehoppy
01-04-2009, 06:07 PM

Nice factoid Jar, but I dont want to just win one after the bye week. I want 3!!!!!!!

Damn right, SN1!!!

The concerns are all there for the Steelers. But the mindset is one at a time to get three in a row, just like in tic-tac-toe.

SD is victim #1.

AkronSteel
01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
10-1 at home all time in the divisional round. The only loss coming in '92 against the Bills. I like our chances. Sproles will not run on this team next weekend and Rivers and his noodle arm will struggle in the muck and cold @ Heinz. I like the Steelers big next weekend.

TallyStiller
01-04-2009, 09:58 PM
This is a whole new ballgame. The old records are all Coach Cowher's... and we all know about his ability to beat mediocre teams by being more emotional, more physical, and more talented. Most of the teams we faced in the divisional round were of the 10 - 6 variety, ergo, frequent victory. It was later, when we ran into the equally talented teams with coaches who actually knew how to game plan an opponent that we flamed out. Now we find out if things are gonna be different, or if it's more of the same.