PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Wiz

Steeler Shades
01-04-2009, 01:31 AM
I know it's the NFC West but he did manage to get the Cards to win a home playoff game. I am happy for him and think he's done good work for a crappy NFL franchise / owner. Hopefully he'll continue to have success all the way to the SB. 8)

Ozey74
01-04-2009, 01:32 AM
:Cheers

Cheers to Whiz!

AkronSteel
01-04-2009, 01:37 AM
As much as I like Whiz..........he's done next week!!! No way that team goes on the road to NY or Carolina and gets it done. They don't have the mental toughness!

Steeler Shades
01-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I have to agree that the Cards probably won't last too long in the playoffs.....but wouldn't it be great for him and Griimm to get to the SB? And then lose to us of course. 8)

AkronSteel
01-04-2009, 01:49 AM
I have to agree that the Cards probably won't last too long in the playoffs.....but wouldn't it be great for him and Griimm to get to the SB? And then lose to us of course. 8)

Yeah.....I could go for that! Wouldn't mind seeing Arizona in TB at all!

mshifko
01-04-2009, 02:26 AM
nothing against the cardinals, i'm just not a big fan of whiz...i think he believes he is a better than coach then he actually is...

Jooser
01-04-2009, 02:30 AM
GJ Whiz, at least you can score some points....

sd steel
01-04-2009, 03:34 AM
Congrats to Whiz and Grimm, I would love to see them in TB. It was good to see he get that organization a playoff victory, hopefully it continues for Pittsburgh South west.

agdci981
01-04-2009, 03:59 AM
nothing against the cardinals, i'm just not a big fan of whiz...i think he believes he is a better than coach then he actually is...
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-04-2009, 04:03 AM
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

Like I said in your other thread ... :wft

agdci981
01-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

Like I said in your other thread ... :wft
Whis won his first playoff game while Tomlin, being a defensive minded coach, was embarassed at home by a VERY AVERAGE Jacksonville team last year. Sure, the score was close, but when you pride yourself on defense you dont allow that many points to Jacksonville at home in the cold.

sd steel
01-04-2009, 04:05 AM
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

I think it's more like:

Whiz - 17-16
Tomlin - 22-11

(I guessed at whizzes overall record even though he is 1-0 head to head)

But to count the real one:

Super Bowls

Whiz: 0
Tomlin: 0

agdci981
01-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

I think it's more like:

Whiz - 17-16
Tomlin - 22-11

Super Bowls

I already stated that I could care less about regular season wins. You want regular season wins? Go toot Schottenheimer's horn. Playoff wins are all that matter to me and right now the guy I lobbied for has 1 and Tomlin has 0. I hope that changes in the next 8 days.

sd steel
01-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

I think it's more like:

Whiz - 17-16
Tomlin - 22-11

Super Bowls

I already stated that I could care less about regular season wins. You want regular season wins? Go toot Schottenheimer's horn. Playoff wins are all that matter to me and right now the guy I lobbied for has 1 and Tomlin has 0. I hope that changes in the next 8 days.

If you don't have regular season wins, then you don't have playoff wins, because you aren't in them. Super Bowl wins are all that matter, and so far it's 0-0.

Jooser
01-04-2009, 04:26 AM
SS, cheers to your Sig, she may be the best one yet..... :twisted:

BURGH86STEEL
01-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Whis 1
Tomlin 0

I think it's more like:

Whiz - 17-16
Tomlin - 22-11

Super Bowls

Talk about personal agenda. Just because you lobbied for him makes him better. Without regular season wins, teams do not make the playoffs. NFC West one of the worst divisions in football. Cards do not sniff the playoffs if they are in the AFC. That being said, Whiz is not the coach of this team. Get over it already.

Steeler Shades
01-04-2009, 10:34 AM
SS, cheers to your Sig, she may be the best one yet..... :twisted:
Thanks, I'll tell her you said so when she wakes up. Hopefully that will make her feel better. Not everyone likes one eyed girls. 8)

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Congrats to him, but no chance they get past the Panthers or the Giants.

steelz09
01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Congrats to Whiz.

I think Whiz is a good coach but I think its to early in both Tomlin's and Whiz's coaching career to say who is better and who isn't. Tomlin had an extremely difficult schedule this year his team played well for the most part. Whiz was in by far the worst division in league. Our defensive was one of the best regular season defenses ever, and Arizona's offense is extremely explosive and has many weapons with a below average defense imo. Two very different teams.

--

btw, I think there's already a thread about that topic, right? Something along the lines of Whiz 1 Tomlin 0? :)

--

SS, that girl in your sig is smokin'

buckeyehoppy
01-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Whis has done a good job in Phoenix so far and gotten his team its second playoff win...ever! That's noteworthy in itself.

But the Cards are going to be absolutely crucified at the Meadowlands or in Charlotte next week.

Look at it this way, though, if you will...at least Whis knew how to manage an offensive attack unlike our current OC. In that respect, I miss him with the Steelers most definitely. He's earned the opportunity in Arizona and he, so far, has a longtime woebegone franchise on an upswing.

Steeler Shades
01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Congrats to Whiz.

I think Whiz is a good coach but I think its to early in both Tomlin's and Whiz's coaching career to say who is better and who isn't. Tomlin had an extremely difficult schedule this year his team played well for the most part. Whiz was in by far the worst division in league. Our defensive was one of the best regular season defenses ever, and Arizona's offense is extremely explosive and has many weapons with a below average defense imo. Two very different teams.
:Clap :Clap

SS, that girl in your sig is smokin'
Thank you.
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/alages/kimberly24mh0-1.jpg

agdci981
01-04-2009, 01:59 PM
They can beat the Giants. Eli was a flash in the pan last year. He won't play close to that level this year.

agdci981
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
For everyone talking about how bad the Cards' schedule was....they did go 2-2 against arguably the top to bottom best division in the AFC in the East....

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
They went 3-7 against non-NFCW opponents.

agdci981
01-04-2009, 03:38 PM
They went 3-7 against non-NFCW opponents.
And went 6-0 in the division. From a guy claiming to be a lifelong Steelers fan that should look familiar to you.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
For a guy who claims to be a life long Steelers fan you sure are a hater.

feltdizz
01-05-2009, 01:05 PM
For a guy who claims to be a life long Steelers fan you sure are a hater.

not a hater.. he is just in love with Whiz and Grimm...

Steeler Shades
01-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Congrats to him, but no chance they get past the Panthers or the Giants.They can beat the Giants. Eli was a flash in the pan last year. He won't play close to that level this year.
Congratulations AGAIN to Wiz. Great job coaching today and I wish him the best in the NFCC. 8)

AngryAsian
01-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Agreed. Whiz has done a phenomenal job with his team and coaches. :x

LasVegasGuy
01-11-2009, 01:26 AM

No chance! Not only did they get past the Panthers the crushed them to the tune
of 33-13. Good picking. Any thoughts on the NFCCG with Whisenhunt and the Cardinals. Hopefully, Tomlin can match the guy he beat out for the Steelers job by taking us to the AFFCG.

feltdizz
01-11-2009, 10:30 AM
whiz 2
Tomlin 0

:wft

Oviedo
01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Whisenhunt isn't part of the Steelers organization so why are so many of you so freaking fixated on him? Join his freakin fan club and become a Cardinal fan if you have that much man love for him. It's stupid these threads are even popping up.

Steeler Shades
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Whisenhunt isn't part of the Steelers organization so why are so many of you so freaking fixated on him? Join his freakin fan club and become a Cardinal fan if you have that much man love for him. It's stupid these threads are even popping up.
Congratulating our former OC on doing well is bothering you? How has his success or any of us congratulating him effecting the Steelers in any way? The thread title is "Congrats to Wiz", what did you think it was about when you chose to start reading it? 8)

kennyes
01-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Bump...

Steeler Shades
01-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Congrats Wiz - Wiz wins another one. Unfortunately for him and the Cards, the streak ends in two weeks. 8)