PDA

View Full Version : wow, nice defense dolts.....

Starlifter
01-04-2009, 12:36 AM
stupid penalties and allows SD to drive the field on OT for the win. the MVP had the ball and the lead with 2 minutes to go. took a sack on the 1 yard line. yep, he's a game changer.......

Sugar
01-04-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding how the Colts managed to lose that game. :?:

Wolfhound45
01-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Two words.

Stupid

penalties

Steelgal
01-04-2009, 12:52 AM
stupid penalties and allows SD to drive the field on OT for the win. the MVP had the ball and the lead with 2 minutes to go. took a sack on the 1 yard line. yep, he's a game changer.......

And that's why you shouldn't choose the MVP until AFTER the Superbowl is over.......

Jooser
01-04-2009, 01:05 AM
That MVP crap is all about being the media darling. Everytime they get all hyped up about this guy he lays an egg. He's got one SB trophy after all these years and they still think he's awsome. It' s the same crap with Tony Homo.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9780/2130924143c590d6f448hk0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Cough, Cough, there's something in my throat. Oh, it's just another playoff loss....... :D

Ozey74
01-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Peyton Manning is a loser in the post season! I live in Indiana & I don't think that I've enjoyed a Colts loss more than this one.

:Beer

mshifko
01-04-2009, 02:28 AM
yeah, i'd be lying if i said i was mad the colts lost...peyton is a great QB, you can not take that away from him, he won his super bowl and his brother won also...hopefully, it's a good 30 years before we see another manning raise that lombardi...

skyhawk
01-04-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding how the Colts managed to lose that game. :?:

What are you talking about? The colts did absolutely nothing in that game.

flippy
01-04-2009, 09:04 AM
San Diego's punter won that game.

Discipline of Steel
01-04-2009, 09:13 AM

And that's why you shouldn't choose the MVP until AFTER the Superbowl is over.......

I love you Steelgal!

Chachi
01-04-2009, 10:47 AM

Should all awards be awarded after the Superbowl, and hence include stats, results from the playoffs or just MVP?

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
San Diego's punter won that game.

He was amazing. He played like nearly every punter played against us this season.

Steelgal
01-04-2009, 11:20 AM

Should all awards be awarded after the Superbowl, and hence include stats, results from the playoffs or just MVP?

haven't thought about the other awards out there, but defintely the MVP. After all, the MVP is suppose to be the best out there. So why not wait and see how the playoffs shake out before deciding it?? Would Manning have 3 MVPs if the post season was taken into account, probably not. The MVP of each team, let alone the entire league, should be able to step up his game when it really counts. Manning doesn't............

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the league MVP is actually the MVP of the regular season.

Steelgal
01-04-2009, 11:33 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the league MVP is actually the MVP of the regular season.

Maybe that's the case, I don't know. But regardless, Manning shouldn't have won it again. There were more deserving candidates out there.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Maybe that's the case, I don't know. But regardless, Manning shouldn't have won it again. There were more deserving candidates out there.

I think there were several candidates and it's a subjective award. No matter who wins there is always going to be someone else who has a good claim for it too.

If James Harrison doesn't win DPOTY I'll be bummed because I feel he deserves it, but there are other guys who are pretty deserving as well.

I like it when our guys win awards, but I like it better when they win championships! :tt2

Yes Sir! Er, ma'am! :oops: :D

Steelgal
01-04-2009, 11:50 AM
You're right. There's a quote Hines made a few years back right after the Superbowl. He said something about 'he'd take the Superbowl over all the accolades and awards out there'. I think he was referencing Manning, at the time.

I admit, I'm a bit biased as well (if that's what you call it). I live in IN and have Colts/Manning fans everywhere to deal with. Our elementary school has "Colts" days on different Fridays during the year. You're suppose to wear all blue and white. No one in this house is a Colts fan and we get sick of hearing about the 'all powerful' Manning.....

Chachi
01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
All awards given at the end of the year recognize accomplishments in the regular season.

Sack leader, DPOY, rushing leader, OPOY, COY, CBPOY, etc.

It is more than just a saying, in the playoffs, everyone starts 0-0.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 12:27 PM
You're right. There's a quote Hines made a few years back right after the Superbowl. He said something about 'he'd take the Superbowl over all the accolades and awards out there'. I think he was referencing Manning, at the time.

I admit, I'm a bit biased as well (if that's what you call it). I live in IN and have Colts/Manning fans everywhere to deal with. Our elementary school has "Colts" days on different Fridays during the year. You're suppose to wear all blue and white. No one in this house is a Colts fan and we get sick of hearing about the 'all powerful' Manning.....

I can understand that. I live in Green Bay and have had to hear about Fav-ruh for years. I have to see Fav-ruh Jets jerseys all over even. It gets old. Real old.

Ozey74
01-04-2009, 01:21 PM

I'm in Indiana also & I can agree with you that all the Colts/Manning love gets old. Them losing last night was fantastic!!!

My Colt loving in laws hate me today. They have talked trash all week to me about how superior the Colts, Isray's, Manning, & Lucas Oil Field is to the Steelers, Rooney's, Big Ben, & Heinz Field. Bottom line is the Colts are a different team after the regular season & very average.

I'm tired of hearing the Colts are the only team to win 12 games in 5 straight years & Manning has won 3 MVP's. My response is if they are so great, then why are they so average in the post season??

:tt2

proudpittsburgher
01-05-2009, 01:30 PM

I'm in Indiana also & I can agree with you that all the Colts/Manning love gets old. Them losing last night was fantastic!!!

My Colt loving in laws hate me today. They have talked trash all week to me about how superior the Colts, Isray's, Manning, & Lucas Oil Field is to the Steelers, Rooney's, Big Ben, & Heinz Field. Bottom line is the Colts are a different team after the regular season & very average.

I'm tired of hearing the Colts are the only team to win 12 games in 5 straight years & Manning has won 3 MVP's. My response is if they are so great, then why are they so average in the post season??

:tt2

Right witcha you two. The stuff I have to deal with can be classified as even more frustrating, because most of the Colts "fans" I know don't know squat about football. So they just throw a bunch of crap out there and think that the Colts are the best thing since sliced bread. They don't care abotu tradition because, well, they didn't watch a football game pre Manning. Fact is, Manning is a terribel teammate, an even worse leader, and too big for his britches. He is the QB and offensive coordinator for that team, which is in decline. And yes, he is a choker come playoff time. Way too many one and dones with that offensive talent.