PDA

View Full Version : Why vote for MVP before the Super Bowl?

Discipline of Steel
01-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Unless your a Stain, the most important part of the season is just beginning. This is the time of year is where heros are made. MVP should not be someone who sucked at the beginning of the year and got hot for ten games, then lost in the divisional round. Certainly not one who has exhibited 'steady, efficient play' as fish-armed, one and done, Pennington was described. Maybe AP or Turner if they can carry their respective teams on their backs and bring home the hardware. But I doubt that will happen. Id say the MVP is the season-long dominant player who brings his team the trophy, or at least gets them very close.

Lets see who can finish the job first before annointing the player of the year.

NorCal-Steeler
01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I hope Mr. Harrison takes it personal and feels violated.

Ozey74
01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I hear ya! That's why Peyton has won 3 MVP. :HeadBanger

mshifko
01-03-2009, 12:54 PM
i don't put too much stock into the MVP voting...but i always wondered the same thing...championship caliber players show their stuff in the playoffs, champs are crowned in february, not september

Sugar
01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
:Agree

I find it riduculous that Harrison didn't manage even a vote. He has been soooo dominant on D this year. Yeah, I know that Offense gets the kudo's and all, but come on...

stlrz d
01-03-2009, 01:39 PM

I find it riduculous that Harrison didn't manage even a vote. He has been soooo dominant on D this year. Yeah, I know that Offense gets the kudo's and all, but come on...

He got 3 votes...the only defensive player to get any! :tt2

Sugar
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM

He got 3 votes...the only defensive player to get any! :tt2

Sorry- that's what I get for not reading the whole story. I just saw that Manning got a bunch followed by Turner and Pennington w/ 4 each.

Discipline of Steel
01-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Now Im pissed! 2 out of 3 of the 'MVPs' ahead of Harrison are already out of the playoffs and Penny is sure to follow soon. If Harrison and the Steelers end up winning the Super Bowl, like I fully expect them to, Im calling Goodell to let him know there needs to be a change in the process! I may call Obama too, he seems to be interested in using his Presidential powers to affect positive changes in sports.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Now Im pissed! 2 out of 3 of the 'MVPs' ahead of Harrison are already out of the playoffs and Penny is sure to follow soon. If Harrison and the Steelers end up winning the Super Bowl, like I fully expect them to, Im calling Goodell to let him know there needs to be a change in the process! I may call Obama too, he seems to be interested in using his Presidential powers to affect positive changes in sports.

I know someone who has his number if you need it. *whistles innocently* :lol:

But seriously, these awards are voted on by the AP, not the NFL.

NorCal-Steeler
01-04-2009, 01:03 PM
one and done MVP nice.... :Blah