PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Predictions - FIrst Weekend

flippy
01-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Baltimore 27 - Miami - 13 - It's hard to pick a team with a rookie QB, but Pennington's weak arm will remind everyone why the Jets didn't want him. The Ravens D only has to defend 20 yards of field against this limp armed QB. No Wildcat can save the fins.

Indy 27 - SD - 21 - Peyton Manning overshadows a really good defense. Indy's D will be the real story here. Expect Dungy and crew to crank up the D a notch. Rivers is going to have a tough day trying to pass on these guys. LT won't have much running room either. Expect Bob Sanders to have a busy day.

Arizona - 38 - Atlanta - 24 - On paper this looks like a perfect game for Atlanta. They should be able to run and control the clock and keep Warner off the field. But Arizona's at home and Whiz and Warner have some experience that the young Atlanta team is lacking. I wouldn't be surprised to see Arizona put 9 in the box to stop the run and put too much pressure on Ryan.

Philly - 38 - Minny - 3 - This score will reflect why no one in Minnesota wants to go to this game and why there's so many extra unsold tickets. Philly's D is fantastic and so is McNabb. Philly is the best team in the NFC and Tavaras Jackson doesn't stand any chance.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Baltimore 20 - Miami - 3 - Big disappointment for Miami. Baltimore comes out looking like AFC champs

SD 21-Colts 20 - Even with limited carries from LT, San Diego controls the ball and Rivers makes the passes he needs to make.

Atlanta 35, Arizona 25 - Arizona is overrated. That's all

Philly - 38 - Minny - 3 - OK, you've got this one. Phily is white hot right now.

Discipline of Steel
01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Balt 17 Miami 6 - Baltimore beats the living tar out of Miami on their way to scoring more points.

Indy 27 SD 24 Indy has Dungy, SD has Norv.

Ariz 38 Atl 34 Arizona at home by a hair in a wild affair.

Philly 24 Min 13 McNabb bombs the Minn secondary even though Minn holds the ball between the 20s all day with Peterson.

JDSteeler
01-03-2009, 11:14 AM
If Philly is so white hot....WTF happened to them against the Skins?

I think Philly ain't gonna blow them out!!

JD

stlrz d
01-03-2009, 11:21 AM
All four road teams will win.

SD and AZ (in that order) are the home teams with the best chance to win though. I would not be surprised at all if SD wins and only mildly surprised if AZ wins.

Jooser
01-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Initially, I'd pick SD at home, given their history with the Ponies. But, :wft is up with LT? Another playoff run, another injury. With both he and Gates hurting (if it's true) I'd say Payton wins this one. 24-13.

I think Hotlanta will pull out the game late against Wizazona. 31-28.

I am really hoping to be dead wrong here, but looks like the Rats have the Phins outmatched. 21-10 Ratbirds.

I don't see Philly rolling on the Vikes the way all the big shots on TV say they are going to. Philly had a great showing against the Soap Operaboys, but I think this one's gonna be a defensive struggle. Iggles 13-10

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Miami 17 - Baltimore 6 - Fins find just enough to get past the Ratbirds D. Flacco folds and Peezy and crew get ready to come to the 'Burgh next week.

Indianapolis 24 - San Diego - 14 - Don't think the Bolts will be able to stop Manning completely. LT may get some yards but Rivers will find a way to choke. Good bye Norv.

Arizona - 28 - Atlanta - 21 - Ryan won rookie of the year, but Warner has the experience to get past. James wants out, so what better way to have a big day in the playoffs and cash in next year?

Philadelphila - 21 - Minny - 10 - Eagles looking good, Jackson not ready for the playoffs yet. Just my feeling.

Jooser
01-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, I was wrong about Arizona. Hopefully I will be wrong tomorrow about the Rats.

stlrz d
01-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Miami 17 - Baltimore 6 - Fins find just enough to get past the Ratbirds D. Flacco folds and Peezy and crew get ready to come to the 'Burgh next week.

Indianapolis 24 - San Diego - 14 - Don't think the Bolts will be able to stop Manning completely. LT may get some yards but Rivers will find a way to choke. Good bye Norv.

Arizona - 28 - Atlanta - 21 - Ryan won rookie of the year, but Warner has the experience to get past. James wants out, so what better way to have a big day in the playoffs and cash in next year?

Philadelphila - 21 - Minny - 10 - Eagles looking good, Jackson not ready for the playoffs yet. Just my feeling.

Nice!

Jooser
01-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Well, I am 0 for so far. I am not sure what to think now. The Rats could knock off the Phins and the Titstains, we beat the Bolts and then host the Rats for the AFCCG. Holy cow, can you imagine?

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/8378/jonhedernapoleondynamitak0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Freakin' Sweet!

100$handshake
01-04-2009, 09:05 AM
I like the Vikes today. They stop the run and run the ball in combination beter than any team in the NFL.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 10:54 AM
All four road teams will win.

SD and AZ (in that order) are the home teams with the best chance to win though. I would not be surprised at all if SD wins and only mildly surprised if AZ wins.

Well I went 0-fer yesterday, but I did mention the two home teams had the best chance to win.

I think the Dolphins can win, but they have to play a flawless game while making Flacco look like a rookie and while taking advantage of each and every Ravens mistake. I just don't see that happening as much as I would like for it to happen.

As for the other games, I think the Eagles will make Tavaris Jackson look like a WR playing QB. It could be ugly.

Unless the Dolphins pull of an upset of monumental proportions, both of these games today could be non-competitive.

flippy
01-04-2009, 12:09 PM
SD shocked me. Not that I think Indy's great, but I thought SD was that bad.

I bet yinz all woulda been pumped at the beginning of the season if I told you the remaining teams in the AFC playoffs were Ten, Mia, Balt, SD, and Pittsburgh.

And I bet the team that woulda worried you the most was SD.

Haha, how times have changed.