PDA

View Full Version : ARRGHH Time Warner can give me MLB for free? But no NFLN?

RussBII
01-02-2009, 01:12 PM
That's such crap.

As I understood it, the NFL wanted the NFLN added to the base package, and TWC wanted to charge for a "sports package."

I get MLB and Speed for free. Screw those channels! Come to terms w/ the NFLN already!

I wish i could get satellite so bad, between their horrible decision making and absolutely craptastic hardware (The Scientific Atlanta HD DVR I have is absolute dong), I'm going nuts.

stlrz d
01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
TWC isn't completely guilty. The NFLN charges a higher fee to carry the channel so that's why TWC wants to charge more too. It's greed on both parts.

As for the DVR, ever since I got TiVo a couple of years ago I will never go back to a standard DVR if I can help it.

Chachi
01-04-2009, 09:41 AM
TWC isn't completely guilty. The NFLN charges a higher fee to carry the channel so that's why TWC wants to charge more too. It's greed on both parts.

As for the DVR, ever since I got TiVo a couple of years ago I will never go back to a standard DVR if I can help it.

I place most of the blame on the NFL.

As you said, the NFL wants to charge the cable companies a premium channel price(ie. HBO, Showtime prices) but get basic cable access. TWC, or any cable company for that matter, would be idiots to enter into that agreement, especially for a channel as speicalized and niched as the NFL Network.

If TWC did, the likes of HBO and Showtime would be knocking their door down demanding a similar deal for their much much more popular channels.

stlrz d
01-04-2009, 11:18 AM
And I could be wrong, but I think I read once that DirecTV gets a better deal on NFLN because they have the Sunday Ticket.

agdci981
01-05-2009, 05:10 AM
MLB Network > NFL Network so you should be happy.

proudpittsburgher
01-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Look, I'm as big a baseball fan as there is, but you have got to put down the pipe.

stlrz d
01-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I do have a bit of a beef with the NFLN's lack of programming (playing the same programs over and over and over again - why not show as many "vintage" games as possible?) but I like football way better than baseball so I prefer NFLN.

On the vintage games thing, all this week they could be showing playoff games previously played by all of the remaining teams, not just matchups between the remaining teams...know what I mean?

Shoot, I should be in programming!

agdci981
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Look, I'm as big a baseball fan as there is, but you have got to put down the pipe.
Whatever...when baseball starts you will see. MLB Network's live look-ins and stuff will blow that gay blue screen of NFL Network's away.