PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Worst NFL Broadcasters

Discipline of Steel
01-02-2009, 09:50 AM
At TallyStiller's request, we have opened up the Broadcasters competition. Steeler Hating is definately a trait that could land you on this list.

"Can I open a braoadcasters' division? I turn down the sound on Sunday Night games because Fat John ceased saying anything worthwhile 20 years ago... but at the same time, he's still a Steeler hater. Other broadcasters who have slipped towards senility have been kind of fun over the years - Harry Caray, Beano Cook, Lou Holtz... but John is just irritating.

And now that the wing is open, let's go ahead and prepare Phil Simms' bust. He played for Parcells while Belichick was on staff there. He has proceeded to become the biggest *'s apologist and a** - kisser in the nation. Only Brady's injury kept him from becoming pregnant with Tom's love child - and I expect the verbal nut sack washing to resume next year.

These two guys (plus Billy Mays) are why they invented the mute button."

My personal top 5 looks something like this:
1-Joe Theisman (registered Steeler Hater and king of unabashed nut sack washing)
2-Collinsworth (registered Steeler Hater and king of stating the obvious)
3-Keyshawn (cant hardly contain himself with the Steeler hating)
4-Dieon (only person to have made all the lists, he's amazing)
5-Cosell (look at the little monkey run???!! :wft )

hahaha this is fun

proudpittsburgher
01-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I used to like Gus Johnson for his rah-rah style of broadcast. But he made so many errors during the Steelers game against Cleveland, that I have turned the corner on him. There is a reason he is always working the Oakland/San Francisco game.

stlrz d
01-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I used to like Gus Johnson for his rah-rah style of broadcast. But he made so many errors during the Steelers game against Cleveland, that I have turned the corner on him. There is a reason he is always working the Oakland/San Francisco game.

I hate listening to Gus Johnson games. Add Kevin Harlan to that list too.

As for "Steelers hate" I don't really buy into that. I've heard all the guys listed as "Steelers haters" give credit to the Steelers when it is due...and not begrudgingly either. *shrugs*

pittpete
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Dan Dierdorff

buckeyehoppy
01-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I don't really give a f--- who hates the Steelers. Dumb @$$ football commentary is what it is and there is plenty out there.

The clubhouse leader in that category is Phil Simms. I was listening to the TV feed of the Phins/Rattards game on Sunday while busy doing some work around the house. This guy has to be suffering from early onset dementia. Some of the doosh bag comments he makes just boggle the mind. BTW, I figure Eddie Peed enjoyed the fellatio he received from Philly S. Good thing they didn't cut to the booth during the game, lest they caught Philly wiping the goo off his chin.

Other all-time gene pool rejects include:

Rash Limpjaugh
Pennis Miller
Tony Kornholser
Nancy Jim

...and I'd be remiss to not mention Marky May. He doesn't really talk NFL now, but he's such a doosh bag to begin with that anything he says about anything is obviously dismissible because of his level of idiocy.