PDA

View Full Version : the offensive cordinator that i want!

Steelhere10
12-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Mike Shanahan, i am never the one to say hire or pick up every Joe Blow that's available, but this would be an ALL STAR MOVE after Bruce is canned.

NYPDSTEEL
12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Mike Shanahan, i am never the one to say hire or pick up every Joe Blow that's available, but this would be an ALL STAR MOVE after Bruce is canned.

shanny is a HOF coach, no way is he playing second fiddle to anyone especially a 2nd year coach.

Steelhere10
12-30-2008, 07:38 PM

shanny is a HOF coach, no way is he playing second fiddle to anyone especially a 2nd year coach. the same could have been said about Lebeau.

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2008, 07:42 PM

shanny is a HOF coach, no way is he playing second fiddle to anyone especially a 2nd year coach. the same could have been said about Lebeau.

Other than a few years in Cincy, LeBeau has always been a defensive coordinator. Shanny is a head coach. I would expect the Jets, Browns, and Lions to go hard after him. It would be funny if Al Davis called...it would be 3 months before Shanahan stopped laughing at him through the phone.

Steelhere10
12-30-2008, 07:44 PM
you guys are correct. but wishfull thinking. :tt1

stlrz d
12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Shanny will be in Detroit. I'm calling it now!

NW Steeler
12-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Shanny will be in Detroit. I'm calling it now!

I second that call. That is exactly what I was thinking.

SidSmythe
12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Shanahan is too "finesse" for this city.

I want a smash mouth guy who can get the ball downfield when needed to.

Steelhere10
12-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Shanahan is too "finesse" for this city.

I want a smash mouth guy who can get the ball downfield when needed to. any suggestions.

Djfan
12-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I agree with D here. That is an easy pick.

pfelix73
12-31-2008, 12:25 AM
If there were any competent brain cells up in Detroit, Shanahan would be the right pick...

Djfan
12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
If there were any competent brain cells up in Detroit, Shanahan would be the right pick...

You're right. It won't happen.
Wait! The GM is gone now!

Steeler Shades
12-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Mike Shanahan, i am never the one to say hire or pick up every Joe Blow that's available, but this would be an ALL STAR MOVE after Bruce is canned.shanny is a HOF coach, no way is he playing second fiddle to anyone especially a 2nd year coach.
Plus the Rooneys would have to pay him twice the $ that they are paying Tomlin. Not a chance. 8)

kennyes
12-31-2008, 04:39 AM
I agree with the Detroit prediction, that or he'll take the Cowher road and take a couple needed years off before giving it another shot.

frankthetank1
12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
i cant see shanahand going to detroit. they are at least 5 years from being an average team. if i were the owner of the chiefs i would fire herm edwards asap and hire shanahan. didnt he use to be on the raiders coaching staff a long time ago? he probably wouldnt want to work for al davis but i could see them going after shanahan pretty hard since they are in the same division. the broncos are stupid

Steeler Mafia
12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Shannahan for OC? I have two words for you.....HELL NO! First off, there is no way that the Rooneys would pony up the kind of money that he would demand. Second, there is no way he would take anything less than a HC position. And finally, he would absolutely destroy what offensive identity we have left. His style of RBBC is horrid.

I salute him in his next opportunity. :moon Thank god it won't be with the Steelers!

ikestops85
12-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Shanahan will be the next KC headcoach after they fire Herm Edwards but I would love to see him as the Steelers OC. Could you imagine the damage that Willie, Moore and Mendy could do in his system? That would be fun to watch.

RuthlessBurgher
12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
i cant see shanahand going to detroit. they are at least 5 years from being an average team. if i were the owner of the chiefs i would fire herm edwards asap and hire shanahan. didnt he use to be on the raiders coaching staff a long time ago? he probably wouldnt want to work for al davis but i could see them going after shanahan pretty hard since they are in the same division. the broncos are stupid

Shanahan hates Al Davis. HATES him. He would likely replace Herm Edwards in K.C. or Norv Turner in S.D. for less money than he would to go to New York, Cleveland, or Detroit just to continue to have the opportunity to beat Davis twice a year (and beat whoever the Broncos hire to replace him in Denver too). There is a better chance of the Steelers canning Ben, Lefty, and Dixon and bringing back O'Donnell, Kordell, and Kent Graham for our playoff run than Shanahan going back to Oakland.

steelz09
12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Cam Cameron = Steelers OC

I can wish can't I? :tt1

Sugar
12-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I don't think the Steelers are going to get Shanahan. That said, isn't he known for having the running back "system" that makes even the weakest back look like a million $$? For those that are concerned about our lack of an explosive running game, Mike would be just the man!

Besides, isn't BB thought to be an "Elway-like" QB? Just sayin'...

Oviedo
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't think the Steelers are going to get Shanahan. That said, isn't he known for having the running back "system" that makes even the weakest back look like a million $$? For those that are concerned about our lack of an explosive running game, Mike would be just the man!

You bring up an excellent thought. If you aren't going to get Shanahan what about his offensivive coordinator--Rick Dennison who is also the OL coach of a very good OL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?i ... tentID=628 (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=628)

RuthlessBurgher
12-31-2008, 02:19 PM

You bring up an excellent thought. If you aren't going to get Shanahan what about his offensivive coordinator--Rick Dennison who is also the OL coach of a very good OL.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?i ... tentID=628 (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=628)

Dennison doesn't even call their plays, though, Jeremy Bates does. Bates comes from good football coaching lineage, looks like a young prodigy (a la Tomlin), and he even coached on the same staff with Tomlin in Tampa once upon a time. I think we should go after him as an O.C. instead (of course, I have mentioned this a couple of times before).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=5835

Oviedo
12-31-2008, 02:38 PM

Dennison doesn't even call their plays, though, Jeremy Bates does. Bates comes from good football coaching lineage, looks like a young prodigy (a la Tomlin), and he even coached on the same staff with Tomlin in Tampa once upon a time. I think we should go after him as an O.C. instead (of course, I have mentioned this a couple of times before).

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=357&contentID=5835

I like the thought. Maybe the Tomlin-Bates relationship could cause something positive to happen.

kennyes
01-01-2009, 12:10 AM

Al Davis pulled a Kiffen on Shanny many years ago. They both hate each other... The only way he coaches Oakland is when Al dies. Speaking of, does anyone know for sure that he isn't dead? I'm thinking he is and nobody's bothered to tell him.

VirgilBosett
01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Shanahan and Davis despise eachother. He would never go back to the Raiders.

Detroit stinks but No team is 5 years away from being mediocre in today's NFL.

I do agree with you regarding Edwards.....I think he is one of the worst coaches in pro sports.

Would not be surprised to see Shanny end up in Cleveland.

BigLebowski
01-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Would love Shanahan as OC, but with a better Oline Arians play calling would look a lot better---Plus Shanahan will get a head coaching job.

My prediction is DALLAS (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-shanahan123008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns).

Happy New Year! :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

SteelerOfDeVille
01-02-2009, 02:23 AM
we gotta get rid of BA first...

pittpete
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.ugo.com/images/articles/000904400/904299_big.jpg

100$handshake
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Shanaham will NEVER be HC in Detroit. He will carefully pick and choose his next opportunity. If he has the same loyalty to the Broncos that Cowher has to the Steelers he would never coach KC either. Of course the Broncos did fire him.....

But I think the Jets are a more likely landing spot. If he coaches next season.