PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, long time, long season but light it up w/ me for U

Hardliner
12-30-2008, 05:24 PM
As many of you know, I'm the Chief's fan contributor of sorts on this board. For those of you who don't know, I've been showing up for about the past 5 seasons on this and the other Tribune board during that time, because I got hooked into your fandom by some strange set of circumstances when the Steelers played the Chiefs at Arrowhead back in, I think (don't hold me to this) 2004 or was it before or after?

Makes no difference but that's the history. Anyway, many of you have since been internet and email friends which I both revere and, at the same time, amaze at this happening. You've turned my head more than once.

When the Chiefs again take on the Steel in 2009, I'm quite certain we'll renew old dormant but still volatile opinions on our teams, yes? Then, all bets are off and we'll get after it with all the rhetoric, predictions, trash talking and all the things I love in conversing with most of you guys as we lead up to that game.

Until then, let me say that I'm pulling hard for the gold and black to get 'er done in the AFC playoffs as many of my Chief's friends are doing. You're very much like us and we all close ranks and pull hard for one of us. Get 'er done this time, this post season, because next year? The Red and Gold will be out in force to take your ass down!

Good luck in the post season everyone.

Jigawatts
12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the well wishes Hardliner. I hope things turn around for your team next year,
except for when we play you of course. :wink:

Iron Shiek
12-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Hardliner. You guys get some help in off season and we can definitely have some friendly banter go back and forth. Hopefully they found something to build around with Tyler Thigpen...I like that dude from the little I saw of him this year.

Hardliner
12-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Jig and Iron, I'm down. In my case, with my beloved Chiefs, REAL down as you know. For any that are reading this, my Chiefs speak to the miracle of the NFL in that there is only a small measure of difference between losing and winning.

I'm reminded of that superb NFL movie from 2000, "Any Given Sunday"? Head coach Al Pacino's character, "Tony", delivers an inspiring speech prior to a playoff game on how inches matter. Yeah, you know that one.

Anyway. it's also true with my team in the second half of the season where KC lost by less than a TD in most of those games. Not good enough, obviously. Such a fine line between victory and losing, which is something that one has to closely observe in these upcoming playoff games.

Alright, muscling up a bit, the Steel will Reveal those inches this post season, in my judgment! That all said, I'm more than ready to talk Steel/Chiefs smack on that fateful encounter in 2009 so get ready for it. :P

Djfan
12-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Good to see you hardliner. Keep the love coming!

papillon
12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
As many of you know, I'm the Chief's fan contributor of sorts on this board. For those of you who don't know, I've been showing up for about the past 5 seasons on this and the other Tribune board during that time, because I got hooked into your fandom by some strange set of circumstances when the Steelers played the Chiefs at Arrowhead back in, I think (don't hold me to this) 2004 or was it before or after?

Makes no difference but that's the history. Anyway, many of you have since been internet and email friends which I both revere and, at the same time, amaze at this happening. You've turned my head more than once.

When the Chiefs again take on the Steel in 2009, I'm quite certain we'll renew old dormant but still volatile opinions on our teams, yes? Then, all bets are off and we'll get after it with all the rhetoric, predictions, trash talking and all the things I love in conversing with most of you guys as we lead up to that game.

Until then, let me say that I'm pulling hard for the gold and black to get 'er done in the AFC playoffs as many of my Chief's friends are doing. You're very much like us and we all close ranks and pull hard for one of us. Get 'er done this time, this post season, because next year? The Red and Gold will be out in force to take your bad word down!

Good luck in the post season everyone.

Thanks for the "good lucks" etc., but, I'm hoping the Steelers make a play for LJ in free agency. We need the hammer back in our running game.

cya in 2009 trash talking and all that goes with it. :moon :tt2

Pappy

kennyes
12-31-2008, 04:42 AM
Why can't they all be like Hardliner I've often thought... :Cheers