PDA

View Full Version : NEWS (sort of): Will Arians do the Obvious?

Iron Shiek
12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Not much here. But its interesting to see that other recognize BA's "arrogance". You aren't a genius you d-bag, use your players abilities...because you don't have any!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/30/will-arians-do-the-obvious/

WILL ARIANS DO THE OBVIOUS?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 30, 2008, 8:56 a.m. EST
When the Steelers take the field in January with a quarterback who might be even less cognitively capable than usual, the no-brainer approach for the Steelers will be to run the ball.

And run the ball.

And run the ball some more.

Coupled with their stout defense, a solid running game is the other part of the equation that results in postseason success.

The question that’s swirling in league circles, however, is whether offensive coordinator Bruce Arians will do the obvious, or the opposite.

As one source put it, will Arians’ “arrogance” allow him to do the thing that everyone thinks he should do?

It’s a decision that could determine whether the Steelers defeat their next opponent (the Dolphins, Colts, or Chargers) and advance to the AFC title game for the seventh time since 1994.

MeetJoeGreene
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Maybe all of this will result in Reverse Psychology Arrogance. And he will say "Screw them. I am going to run".

On a side note, isn't it amazing that a couple of years ago most were bemoaning the fact that we ran too much. Now it is the reverse.

papillon
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I think fans are bemoaning the way the Steelers are trying to run the ball, not so much the lack of running the ball. That is, with or without the fullback or trying to make Davis a blocker, etc.

Pappy

Steeler Mafia
12-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Basically, I think it is a "don't know what you got till it's gone" type deal. We used to run the ball down the opponents throat with the Bus, and now we have difficulty picking up short yards in crucial 3rd down situations. Now with Arians, we try to finesse the ball to pick up short yards and this is a recipe for disaster, I believe that his arrogance will be the downfall for us in the playoffs. We may start out running the ball, but when we need it the most, he will abandon it like a porta-john just recently used by Casey Hampton.

:2c Just my.....wtf?......20 cents? I thought we were supposed to be in a recession. I can't afford to share my thoughts at these prices. I have kids and a mortgage.

Djfan
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
We may start out running the ball, but when we need it the most, he will abandon it like a porta-john just recently used by Casey Hampton.

Quote of the year.

RKSteel
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
:2c Just my.....wtf?......20 cents? I thought we were supposed to be in a recession. I can't afford to share my thoughts at these prices. I have kids and a mortgage.
Inflation my good man. Nice catch though. :)

RuthlessBurgher
12-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Collection time! You now owe $15.60 for your 78 posts.

I will need the federal government to bail me out, since I now owe $518.80 for my thoughts.

:2c

Steeler Mafia
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM

Collection time! You now owe $15.60 for your 78 posts.

I will need the federal government to bail me out, since I now owe $518.80 for my thoughts.

:2c

Will you take a check?

stlrz d
12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Who here didn't know Arians was arrogant? I've been saying it all along...he'd rather stick with his system than tailor an offense to the strengths of what he has.

Iron Shiek
12-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Who here didn't know Arians was arrogant? I've been saying it all along...he'd rather stick with his system than tailor an offense to the strengths of what he has.

d...I get that we all knew that definitely. Its interesting to see that people that maybe don't watch the team as closely as we do realize this and that its in league circles what a doosh bag he is...

stlrz d
12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3pmwrgaj]Who here didn't know Arians was arrogant? I've been saying it all along...he'd rather stick with his system than tailor an offense to the strengths of what he has.

d...I get that we all knew that definitely. Its interesting to see that people that maybe don't watch the team as closely as we do realize this and that its in league circles what a doosh bag he is...[/quote:3pmwrgaj]

My comment was directed at you. Just a mini rant about Arians the Arrogant.

Iron Shiek
12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2zaw3pss][quote="stlrz d":2zaw3pss]Who here didn't know Arians was arrogant? I've been saying it all along...he'd rather stick with his system than tailor an offense to the strengths of what he has.

d...I get that we all knew that definitely. Its interesting to see that people that maybe don't watch the team as closely as we do realize this and that its in league circles what a doosh bag he is...[/quote:2zaw3pss]

My comment was directed at you. Just a mini rant about Arians the Arrogant.[/quote:2zaw3pss]

Arrogant Arians...the new AA. Now that Asian gave up the AA, we may need to start call Arians this.....or DB (doosh bag).

Djfan
12-30-2008, 03:37 PM
I just want to call him "former OC for the Steelers".

stlrz d
12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
[quote="stlrz d":ngaec252][quote="Iron Shiek":ngaec252][quote="stlrz d":ngaec252]Who here didn't know Arians was arrogant? I've been saying it all along...he'd rather stick with his system than tailor an offense to the strengths of what he has.

d...I get that we all knew that definitely. Its interesting to see that people that maybe don't watch the team as closely as we do realize this and that its in league circles what a doosh bag he is...[/quote:ngaec252]

My comment was directed at you. Just a mini rant about Arians the Arrogant.[/quote:ngaec252]

Arrogant Arians...the new AA. Now that Asian gave up the AA, we may need to start call Arians this.....or DB (doosh bag).[/quote:ngaec252]

I think "the" (pronounced thee) has to be in there.

Arians THE Arrogant! You know, like Ivan THE Terrible! :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
12-30-2008, 03:46 PM

:Agree

Steeler Mafia
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
He will always be known as "The Former Browns OC" to me. Nothing more needs to be said.

:brownssuck

Steeler Shades
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I think fans are bemoaning the way the Steelers are trying to run the ball, not so much the lack of running the ball. That is, with or without the fullback or trying to make Davis a blocker, etc.
Pappy
:Clap :Clap
And give up those slow ass developing plays. 8)

NYPDSTEEL
12-30-2008, 07:25 PM
:P