PDA

View Full Version : 0-16

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Lets hope the Steelers never stoop to this level. What a travesty the Lions are.

Randy Cross is killing them. He said they should've hired Matt Millen just to fire him again for creating this mess. Label him as "The Guy that built THEE 0-16 team."

He also said that if the Ford Family is going to be promoting people on that team (as they've apparently done by promoting from within for President and General Manager jobs today), are we that far off from a 2 mile/gallon car rolling off the Ford lines this year? Or possibly coal burning engines? Awesome ownership Lions...

Edit: Even better, Bruce Murray the co-host then stated that its going to be like the Flintstones where you have to pick up the car and run with it. :lol: They are killing me.

Sugar
12-29-2008, 03:27 PM
It's what you get with poor organizations. Changing coaches, big free-agency splashes or high draft picks don't ultimately help. The Bengals and Browns have this problem as well. The Raiders have devolved into one after being one of the better org's in the league for a while.

We are fortunate as Steelers fans that the Rooney's have built a quality organization.

Jooser
12-29-2008, 03:28 PM
That organization needs gutted from the inside out. No wonder Barry Sanders retired early.

MeetJoeGreene
12-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I think they should draft another WR this year in the first round. That will fix them.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I think they should draft another WR this year in the first round. That will fix them.

Crabtree! CRABTREE! CRABTREE! CRABTREE! :lol:

anjang86
12-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Charlie Batch was the last QB to take them to the playoffs. Really makes you appreciate him as a backup (if he is still going to be our backup)

SidSmythe
12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Culpepper is the answer...bring back Matt Millen too

TallyStiller
12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I appreciate the Lions... most really bad teams choke and win one somewhere along the line, but the Lions were truly special... and I mean that in the short bus sense of the word... They got it done.

In a way, though, I feel bad for the city. Pittsburgh had it's days of bleak economic outlook, with mills closing and jobs flying out of town along with a sizeable chunk of it's population (many of whom probably populate this board along with their progeny)... and the team rose to the occasion. When times were toughest, the Steelers were truly great, pulling the city together behind them and creating an emotional bond between team and city that is unique in all of sport.

Outsiders just don't get it. They want it, but the Rats, Clowns, Bungals, Pats* fans can't get it, because the set of circumstances that created it rarely exist. That opportunity is present in Detroit right now... psychologically, the Ford family could save the city they helped build... so what do they do? Give'em Matt Millen and 0 - 16. Nice.