PDA

View Full Version : I Love It!

AkronSteel
12-29-2008, 01:14 PM
The Steelers are going into the playoffs as the 2nd seed in the AFC. They have a bye and a week to get healthy and no one, and I mean no one is even talking about them as favorites for the conference. All I keep hearing is how the Colts, Ravens and Titans are the favorites to get to Tampa. This team always plays better when they get no respect. Big Ben will be fine and ultimately I think it may come down to a 3rd matchup with Baltimore. I like those chances considering no rookie QB has ever led his team to the Super Bowl. I think this could be a fun run!!! Let the games begin.......

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Probably because just about all the teams you mention have a good OL that will win the game in the trenches for them.

But we aren't 12-4 by luck. We have as good a shot as any of those teams. And I like flying under the radar as well. :Beer

AkronSteel
12-29-2008, 01:21 PM
All that I have ever been told is that defense wins championships! If that is truly the case then I like our chances!

agdci981
12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
The Steelers are going into the playoffs as the 2nd seed in the AFC. They have a bye and a week to get healthy and no one, and I mean no one is even talking about them as favorites for the conference. All I keep hearing is how the Colts, Ravens and Titans are the favorites to get to Tampa. This team always plays better when they get no respect. Big Ben will be fine and ultimately I think it may come down to a 3rd matchup with Baltimore. I like those chances considering no rookie QB has ever led his team to the Super Bowl. I think this could be a fun run!!! Let the games begin.......

Steelers arent being mentioned because two of the three teams you mentioned beat us.

RKSteel
12-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Steelers arent being mentioned because two of the three teams you mentioned beat us.
In two of those games, the Steelers didn't get beat, as much as Ben lost those games for us. If the Steelers are to play the Colts or Titans again, the Steelers will not lose.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Probably because just about all the teams you mention have a good OL that will win the game in the trenches for them.

But we aren't 12-4 by luck. We have as good a shot as any of those teams. And I like flying under the radar as well. :Beer

Sure, those teams have good o-lines...but how will their o-lines look when they have to face off against 99-98-91-92-51-50-56??? I think that our defensive front 7 can win a battle in the trenches against any of the o-lines they will have to face in the postseason.

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Sure, those teams have good o-lines...but how will their o-lines look when they have to face off against 99-98-91-92-51-50-56??? I think that our defensive front 7 can win a battle in the trenches against any of the o-lines they will have to face in the postseason.

I don't doubt that Ruthless. Its the other side of our trench that I'm worried about. They are trying to jump over the wall and do an all out attack but they can't quite jump that high...if you catch my drift.